Should *I* get this game?

DarkDante14

Emphasis on "I" because of the reasons provided below.

I've always been fascinated by anime-style fighting games but I've never played any of them because I SUCK at fighting games. I've played Persona RPG games so this universe seems very appealing to me.

Thing is - would a player that is an utter n00b in fighting games and doesn't have a fighting stick or anything would enjoy this? Is the single-player worthwhile? Does this game have good local and online multi-player components? Would you recommend me getting it despite the fact that I probably will suck at this game? :o

Trophies is not an issue, so don't base your recomendations on the platinum difficulty :p

Well I'd enjoy the gameplay despite my bad experiences with fighting games but I still enjoy them :)

Multiplayer will depend on the game, it'll be dead boring if no one is online but it'll be fun to play online to see how you go against other players around the world.. But I got Persona 4 Arena on PC, so the multiplayer here might be different than the one on PS3 :p

But go for it, always try out new things, you'll get the hang of the game in a couple of days.. I hope :D

Aww, why did you get it for PC and not PS3? Could have played together :p In fact, I didn't even know that there was a PC version D: Yeah, I'm still considering it. Wanted to get one of the BlazBlue games but since they've been out for a while don't really see the point since newer games tend to have more people playing them.

You don't need a fightstick to enjoy a fighting game. Persona 4 Arena has alot of mechanics to help all beginners get started such as:

• Auto Combo
  • 2 Button Reversal Moves
  • Simple Super Rotations

Despite that though the game can be played at a very high level, you have to play fundamentally better to win. With the game being new in the EU you might have alot of newer players like yourself (some may not even be fighters as well).

Also if you want to get into a Blazblue game get Continuum Shift Extend, its the newest one and actually goes over the story from the first game and the second (which the game is an expansion of). The next game won't be out until October in Japan and maybe months later for US or EU so you 'll have plenty of time to get used to it.

Glad Setsuna and Kenlei were able to convince you to get the game. Don't worry too much about being bad. A lot of people think they're bad at fighting games but in reality, they just don't know what to do or how to make the best use of the tools their characters offer. So if you have trouble in P4A at first, feel free to come back to this thread and ask for help and tips. I may not be the best person to give advice but I'm sure I can help a little bit.

Well thank goodness your focus ain't on this game's trophies lol.

Netcode is solid at times, although from what I keep hearing is that let the round intro slide without inputting so that way the match loads fine without delay, or so I heard. I play this game (and other fighters except SSFIV) on DualShock, so you're good to go even if you are a novice in the genre.

Game has challenge mode that serves as a guide on characters you play as. I advise only going until Lv.20, for later levels are too much for you to understand, but aren't needed for casuals. Simple combos are the way to go to start.

Best of luck!

Also if you want to get into a Blazblue game get Continuum Shift Extend, its the newest one and actually goes over the story from the first game and the second (which the game is an expansion of).

Though I recommend the JP voices in the retailing of Calamity Trigger since it's buggy in ENG settings. Then again I recommend renting Calamity Trigger for the full story experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well I'd enjoy the gameplay despite my bad experiences with fighting games but I still enjoy them :)

Multiplayer will depend on the game, it'll be dead boring if no one is online but it'll be fun to play online to see how you go against other players around the world.. But I got Persona 4 Arena on PC, so the multiplayer here might be different than the one on PS3 :p

But go for it, always try out new things, you'll get the hang of the game in a couple of days.. I hope :D

There isn't a PC version of this game...

There isn't a PC version of this game...

Games For Windows, connected w/ 360... so technically there is.

On topic now.. I just bought this game yesterday digitally and holy shit I am HOOKED! This shit is like crack cocaine lmao.. I very much enjoy fighting games, despite not being the best player at them.. but damn they sure are lots of fun... Only fighting game platinums I have are MvC3 and PS All Stars, and I would love to add this one to the collection.. Maybe someday, but for now I'm just having a blast.

On topic now.. I just bought this game yesterday digitally and holy shit I am HOOKED! This shit is like crack cocaine lmao.. I very much enjoy fighting games, despite not being the best player at them.. but damn they sure are lots of fun... Only fighting game platinums I have are MvC3 and PS All Stars, and I would love to add this one to the collection.. Maybe someday, but for now I'm just having a blast.

If you aren't running the game on a PC, it isn't a PC version...Not hard to understand... /facepalm

Edited by Legaljuana

Technically NO ......

Games for Windows is considered to be a different platform, its not the same as 360 in terms of hardware. The only thing that connects thew two together, is you can use the same microsoft account to play pc games that support Games for Windows LIVE, in order to earn achievements on the same gamer tag as your 360 account. Thats why you see people having Gears of War and then another Gears of War (PC) on their achievement list. Same game, two separate achievement list. As these two games are released and made for different platform.

If you insert the PC disc of Gears of War into an 360, it won't load. If you insert the 360 version of Gears of War into PC, it won't load. They are different system. Same reason why you can't just insert a 360 version of Persona 4 Arena into a PC an expect it to work. If the PC cannot run the game, then you're not playing the game on a PC.

Edited by doomgun