Just bought the game, noob question

Chiyla

Hi guys, so the game has finally come out in Australia and I grabbed a copy last night.

Man, I just can't get used to these combos. I'm utterly stuck on the SP Skill Lesson in Lesson Mode. I can't for the life of me perform Ziodyne. The analogue stick is so sensitive, I can barely rotate the thing without the guy jumping, and the D-Pad is worse, because there's no way to press the buttons diagonally to perform the move. And the fact that I have to do it *twice* in a row is impossible, when I'm lucky to do 1 Zio.

So I guess my question is, got any pointers for a beginner on how to do it? Analogue or D-Pad? And if it's the D-Pad, do you have to press down, right and up in quick succession (which does nothing on-screen), or all 3 at the same time, or attempt to push the bottom and right button to simulate a diagonal direction?

Do you just clunk the analogue stick sharply down and then right, or swivel it in a continuous motion? My guy will either duck or refuse to move.

Thanks for any help - clearly I'm no expert, but I have to get the trophy for completing Lesson Mode :D

Basically, regardless of whether you use the D-Pad or the Analogue stick, you want to do a quarter circle motion. So using the D-Pad as an example, press Down on the D-Pad, then both Down and Right and finally, Right. Do it in one continuous motion. Do it twice for his Ziodyne. If you find you're still having trouble, quit out of tutorials, go to training mode, turn on the input display and try it again. All your inputs will be displayed on the screen and it'll make it easier to figure out what's going wrong with the motion.

Doesn't matter which input device you use, D-Pad or analogue stick but you might find it a bit easier with the D-Pad to be more precise. The reason you keep jumping while trying to perform Ziodyne with the analogue stick is probably because you keep accidentally moving the stick into the up right area without noticing when you go to the right. I did the same thing many times when I was first getting used to an arcade stick. But like it said, it doesn't matter in the long run. Just go with whatever is more comfortable with you.

Hope that helped.

EDIT: Extra tip. Try doing the motions slowly at first to make yourself more comfortable with it.

Edited by RurouniSaiyajin