Earners of Other Hard Fighter Plats...

Baqsam

I think there is a thread about this already but oh well i'll go with the Platinum is pretty tough maybe like a 8/10 the trails aren't as hard as say street fighter but score attack is just murder! I still can't get past the 1st opponent :mad: i think its been out in japan for months and only 1 person has obtained the platinum so that speaks for itself

I think there is a thread about this already but oh well i'll go with the Platinum is pretty tough maybe like a 8/10 the trails aren't as hard as say street fighter but score attack is just murder! I still can't get past the 1st opponent :mad: i think its been out in japan for months and only 1 person has obtained the platinum so that speaks for itself

Actually, it hasn't even been 1 month since it's been out in Japan(which is a big reason for the region locking). But even so, the fact on how many people who do have the platinum is very small does still mean something.

Edited by Shuffle

This is my opinion from hardest to easiest

Battlefantasia > UMvC3 > SF4/SSF4 > KoF13 > BBCS > MKvDC > MvC3 > Acarna Heart 3 > BBCT & BBCSEx > MK9 > The rest

I think that P4A will easily be the hardest because of Score Attack. Also I haven't played SC5, so I can't comment on that.

Soul Calibur V is farily easy overall. Some of the A Ranked Quick Battle opponents were pretty cheap but it's nowhere as hard as Battle Fantasia. I still can't seem to do any of the combos in that one. :(

Battlefantasia > UMvC3 > SF4/SSF4 > KoF13 > BBCS > MKvDC > MvC3 > Acarna Heart 3 > BBCT & BBCSEx > MK9 > The rest

I think that P4A will easily be the hardest because of Score Attack. Also I haven't played SC5, so I can't comment on that.

SC5 ? its easy as kof12 or MK9 or BB:CT or BB:CSEx or T6 etc....

Its easy just some boring grind trophies.

ontopic- Can´t really comment on Persona 4 but it defiently looks like one of the hardest.

Edited by DPatriot

Its easy just some boring grind trophies.

ontopic- Can´t really comment on Persona 4 but it defiently looks like one of the hardest.

Persona 4 Arena wouldn't be so hard if it weren't for the Score Attack. And like most other fighting games, the online trophies depend on the skills of yourself and the person you are playing against.

UMvC3's fairly easy compared to the other "hard" fighters to Plat; the SFIV games, (P4U,) Battle Fantasia, and KoF are harder than it imo, since the Mission Mode isn't as difficult as it is in other games, and online is easily boosted for those who have trouble with it.

each person have suitable on some games than other,like me i don't like MvC series that why i found hard than other fighting games.

each person have suitable on some games than other,like me i don't like MvC series that why i found hard than other fighting games.
To be honest, UMvC3 is only really hard if you're forced to do the 480 missions without the DLC, because some of them have really tight links. If you do have the DLC then, it's easily bumped under KoF XIII in terms of difficulty to complete.

KoF has some really awkward links in some combos and are infamous for some tactics that are simply too difficult for beginners to comprehend (Triangle Buffering, Drive Cancels instead of Super Cancels one frames.) MvC3's combo system is easily one of the most newbie friendly systems there is. Both Missions have the same concept (like 20 second combos) but KoF's combos are miles harder.

To be honest, UMvC3 is only really hard if you're forced to do the 480 missions without the DLC, because some of them have really tight links. If you do have the DLC then, it's easily bumped under KoF XIII in terms of difficulty to complete.

KoF has some really awkward links in some combos and are infamous for some tactics that are simply too difficult for beginners to comprehend (Triangle Buffering, Drive Cancels instead of Super Cancels one frames.) MvC3's combo system is easily one of the most newbie friendly systems there is. Both Missions have the same concept (like 20 second combos) but KoF's combos are miles harder.

However, you aren't required to do all of KoF trials. Also, there are 3 additional characters available on PSN store.

However, you aren't required to do all of KoF trials. Also, there are 3 additional characters available on PSN store.
Squeezing in the 200 Trials for KoF doesn't mean it's exactly easy. It could have been worse, sure, but UMvC's problem is that MvC3's mission mode in Vanilla was really easy compared to the spike in Ultimate. It all depends if you can get KoF's mechanics down to a science where MVC's mechanics, to be honest, are pretty easy. Especially that you can X Factor in between combos if you're doing it right which makes some links almost child's play. KoF has zero shortcuts, well, NESTS Kyo's trials are actually really easy compared to the rest of the cast but even the other DLC characters have some tough ones.

KoF makes it easier thanks to DLC, but UMvC makes it even easier since there's about 15 trials that are really difficult, and buying the DLC reduces the difficulty from a say... 7.5/10 to at least a 5/10 for beginner/intermediate players.

Squeezing in the 200 Trials for KoF doesn't mean it's exactly easy. It could have been worse, sure, but UMvC's problem is that MvC3's mission mode in Vanilla was really easy compared to the spike in Ultimate. It all depends if you can get KoF's mechanics down to a science where MVC's mechanics, to be honest, are pretty easy. Especially that you can X Factor in between combos if you're doing it right which makes some links almost child's play. KoF has zero shortcuts, well, NESTS Kyo's trials are actually really easy compared to the rest of the cast but even the other DLC characters have some tough ones.

KoF makes it easier thanks to DLC, but UMvC makes it even easier since there's about 15 trials that are really difficult, and buying the DLC reduces the difficulty from a say... 7.5/10 to at least a 5/10 for beginner/intermediate players.

I´m sorry but its not true at all. Only pros of MvC will think its 5/10.

Beginners will have a really hard time completing it. Many will probably give up entirely.

The 2 dlc characters help a little but they don´t help that much. They way u talk is like the 480 missions is a walk in the park.

I´m sorry but its not true at all. Only pros of MvC will think its 5/10.

Beginners will have a really hard time completing it. Many will probably give up entirely.

The 2 dlc characters help a little but they don´t help that much. They way u talk is like the 480 missions is a walk in the park.

I wish I was a pro, or any good at all with MvC. I just practiced and saw the way the engine works which you pretty much have to do for every game, and every game has a different engine and mechanics for the way the game links and doesn't link.

Maybe beginners having it a 5/10 is a long stretch, but personally there's only 20 or so 'real' hard missions. (Top 5 being Chun Li, C. Viper, Super Skrull, Jill & X-23) the rest can be done with some dedication. The problem is, beginners simply give up at such an early stage they don't even bother to continue practicing. Maybe for SSIV I'd understand, since you can have a turbo controller making 1 Frame Links doable, but UMvC3 is 100% definitely 480/500. Now 480/480 is a completely different story.

No trials mode is a walk in the park, but compared to the ones offered for the fighting genre, I'd say MvC and UMvC have some of the easiest out there in terms of being able to do it.

No trials mode is a walk in the park, but compared to the ones offered for the fighting genre, I'd say MvC and UMvC have some of the easiest out there in terms of being able to do it.

I'm on the same page as DP21, I almost have to duck out of the room if I were say comments like that to those who are not fighter enthusiasts.

Heck I'd rate BlazBlue: CS Extend challenges lower than MvC3. Ultimate UMvC3 on the other hand, the later missions can be painful even for those who got through vanilla MvC3 unscathed. Plus little wiggle room, not for the faint of heart.

I'm on the same page as DP21, I almost have to duck out of the room if I were say comments like that to those who are not fighter enthusiasts.

Heck I'd rate BlazBlue: CS Extend challenges lower than MvC3. Ultimate UMvC3 on the other hand, the later missions can be painful even for those who got through vanilla MvC3 unscathed. Plus little wiggle room, not for the faint of heart.

Well compared to Blazblue CS and KoF, which are arguably the hardest trial achievements to get (Or SSIV if you don't have a fightstick/turbo controller.) I don't think I'm really exaggerating when I say that UMVC3 may have some hair pullers, but by having 20 extra missions (Remember, I said 5/10 WITH DLC included.) as leeway? You could take a week or more if all you do is play missions, and that's with someone that has minimum experience with fighting games. I'm not trying to sound like an elitist or anything in case I give that impression, I was hammering KoF trials for two weeks straight & I had to buy all 3 characters in order to get up to 200. I couldn't get the HD Cancel system down and the links are simply ridiculous at times.

The biggest problem is, the trials achievement for Vanilla MvC3 is amazingly easy & 100% doable if you're a novice player. The spike from UMvC3's combos might be a bit intimidating at first, but there's tons of tips on the forums that can make your experience easier to tolerate. The difference? UMvC3/MvC3 was made for casuals so the system in general is pretty simple in terms of complexity, so it all comes down to a bit of discipline compared to the other games on the market. If you dominated Blazblue's engine and think it's easier? All power to you. However, I'm giving it a more general direction when I rated the difficulty. I would comment on Blazblue EX if I had it, but I personally wasn't willing to pay for the upgrade since I lost interest in the franchise by then.

It all comes down to the person's experience with the combo system in each game. I know a guy that is one of the first KoF plat achievers (no DLCs at release). He, however, couldn't do 320 missions in vanilla MvC3. I can't find any other explanation than excepting his reason that's because he's been a fan on KoF for a long time.

that what i mean each person have experience on some games than other.for example VesperArcade:

Trial Difficulty

MVC3 - 3

SSF4 - 4

3rd Strike - 5

UMVC3 - 5

Blazblue - 9

KOF 13 - 10

i don't agree about mvc3 and SSF4 with him cuz trial difficulty at most same for him.VesperArcade have more experience in SF and MvC series than other fighting games.

Well that's strictly his opinion, it's hard for him to grade it on a casual perspective when he's completed every mission a fighting game has to offer on the retail market so far. Some people think he's crazy and what not. Also, his are not on achievement restrictions which is what we're generalizing it for. I think 3rd Strike was pretty hard because the engine is catered towards the hardcore community back in the 90s.

UMvC3 for him was a 5, but he completed all 500 missions in where my opinion it was a 7.5 for all 500. I'm only giving the perspective that I see as, but also consider the general public for trophy/achievement hunters. SSIV isn't hard if you have a turbo controller as the combos are much shorter and the mechanics are more limited plus you can add moves in your combos without penalty for additional hitstun and being able to easily pause it to reset your stick and composure before that tight ultra. However, if it's all legit? Then I can't say I agree on it being a 4, as some one frame links are pretty redonk.

Vanilla MvC3 is easily a 3, especially for the achievements. You get 40 or 60 mission leeway? Come on now. There are much harsher engines out there to master.

It all comes down to the person's experience with the combo system in each game. I know a guy that is one of the first KoF plat achievers (no DLCs at release). He, however, couldn't do 320 missions in vanilla MvC3. I can't find any other explanation than excepting his reason that's because he's been a fan on KoF for a long time.

KoF and more old school gamers have a harder time with MvC3's engine of how dumbed down it is compared to other games. Links are very flexible on some occasions and combos have pretty forgivable hitstun which creates those wacky combos you see sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

Of the fighting games that I've played I would rank them in this order from hardest to easiest:

SSF4 (no plat yet but trials done)

SF4

BBCS (No DLC when I got it and only one challenge post-BBCS2 update)

Battle Fantasia (I've choked after parrying the Apoc Flame 4 times now)

BBCS Extend

Based on my experience so far P4A is probably going to be on top of that list, and by a significant margin at that.

:edit: Just got the platinum. I stand by this statement. Although I will admit I kept the pause abuse to a relative minimum in my SA runs which could have made it a bit easier.

Edited by postofficebuddy