Story Questions and Stuff (Possible Spoilers)

Gekodeko

So I've played through everyone's story except Elizabeth's (Whom I am saving for last as I think she and Labrys have the only stories that wont overlap with others), and there are a few things I don't understand. I have played P4, but haven't yet finished P3FES, but I have met Akihiko and Mitsuru, would anyone suggest P3 being necessary to the story? They really go over everything several times, which gets seriously noticeable after playing a few different stories.

After you finish pretty much anyone's campaign it still leaves a big question like who was really the person who threw Labrys into the TV world, and in some cases the final boss is your character's shadow. So who is hacking robots inside TVs, and mind controlling hijackers?

Is it some boss from P3 or Kirijo's past trying to recruit these ultra powerful persona/shadows? If it isn't, then working exclusively with information from P4A, I think that it'd be a researcher(s) from the explosion at 'old' Kirijo group that a few characters alluded to.

Does anyone else have any more information on this story, or is it just supposed to have no conclusion?

I wouldn't say you -need- to know the events of P3 for this game, maybe [spoiler=Persona3]just what happens to the MC.

They never really say who the big bad actually is, but a lot of people are thinking that it's [spoiler=P1P2]Nyarlathotep from Persona 1 and 2. This game is just setting up future events in another title and that's why it just seems to end the way it does.

That's disappointing. Lacking a PSP it's very unlikely I'll ever get to the P1&2 games.I don't know how to write spoiler tags so here.

And yeah, for some reason I know that your MC in P3 dies to thwart some evil for some reason. Elizabeth alludes to it when she references the door in her story.

I would say both P3 and P4 are a bit important going into this game for the story simply because it lays the groundwork in many ways for this game.

So if you have some means to play P3, then I would say play it. You obviously have a PS3 since your playing this, I would just snag that shit on PSN. If you look at the silhouette pic of the Shadow Walkers/Operatives. There are some more pretty obvious P3 characters that will be in the next installment that are not featured in this game.

Besides the ones that are present:

[spoiler=8264393]Mitsuru, Akihiko, Aigis, and Fuuka

Though, P1 and the 2 P2s are linked and P3 and P4 are linked.

P1/2 are not directly linked to P3/4; and I personally doubt Atlus is going to pull them all 4 together. If it does happen to be Nyarlathotep, then it will be because of him being a counter balance to Philemon (who is in every persona game) rather than a decision by Atlus to say, "oh shit, were merging all 4 Personas."

This game is essentially closed with a cliffhanger and this is what is actually known:

[spoiler=1927863]Labrys' hacker at the end is not human, however it is working with humans. He or someone knows the P3 and P4 characters by name.

Margaret tells the P4 protagonist, "The one with malicious intent who struck at you today... This malice has not faded or subsided in the least," and that he will be dealt another ordeal.

Both the Shadow Operatives/Walkers (note the silhouette screen in game) and the Investigation Team (P4 group) have both decided to catch who is behind this.

Elizabeth is still on a quest to save the P3 protagonist (he did not die in P3, so get the game on PSN and learn what all happened). She, at her ending, obtains The Fool arcana. This has been the trend for Persona protagonist since P3 -The Journey-.

Other than that, nobody knows or understands what is going on further. Anything other than this, is all mere conjecture.

So now that we know all this, my fellow MegaTen loving friends, let us speculate away!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I would say both P3 and P4 are a bit important going into this game for the story simply because it lays the groundwork in many ways for this game.

So if you have some means to play P3, then I would say play it. You obviously have a PS3 since your playing this, I would just snag that shit on PSN. If you look at the silhouette pic of the Shadow Walkers/Operatives. There are some more pretty obvious P3 characters that will be in the next installment that are not featured in this game.

Besides the ones that are present:

[spoiler=8264393]Mitsuru, Akihiko, Aigis, and Fuuka

Though, P1 and the 2 P2s are linked and P3 and P4 are linked.

P1/2 are not directly linked to P3/4; and I personally doubt Atlus is going to pull them all 4 together. If it does happen to be Nyarlathotep, then it will be because of him being a counter balance to Philemon (who is in every persona game) rather than a decision by Atlus to say, "oh shit, were merging all 4 Personas."

This game is essentially closed with a cliffhanger and this is what is actually known:

[spoiler=1927863]Labrys' hacker at the end is not human, however it is working with humans. He or someone knows the P3 and P4 characters by name.

Margaret tells the P4 protagonist, "The one with malicious intent who struck at you today... This malice has not faded or subsided in the least," and that he will be dealt another ordeal.

Both the Shadow Operatives/Walkers (note the silhouette screen in game) and the Investigation Team (P4 group) have both decided to catch who is behind this.

Elizabeth is still on a quest to save the P3 protagonist (he did not die in P3, so get the game on PSN and learn what all happened). She, at her ending, obtains The Fool arcana. This has been the trend for Persona protagonist since P3 -The Journey-.

Other than that, nobody knows or understands what is going on further. Anything other than this, is all mere conjecture.

So now that we know all this, my fellow MegaTen loving friends, let us speculate away!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they really merge all the Persona game, or at least P3 and P4 completely, so many way to continue, man I love the Persona franchise!

[spoiler=9000000]

Elizabeth gained the fool arcana?, I hope they use her as a main character for Persona 5 :cool: