Rate the trophy difficulty...  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_95.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 9.46

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

The Combo Challenge mode isn't even bad. I'm very close to having 300 trials done and Shadow Labrys may be my 1st cleared character if I can finish her #30 challenge. Seriously though, if it weren't for Score Attack, I would consider this game as a doable plat. But hell, I can't even beat the 1st boss in SA. No Ice Cars or Tager Bombs to save you this time. Pure skill is needed. Gets a 10/10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8.5/10

Score attack might seem impossible on your first char but they can be cheesed throughout after you beat it once & realise the A.I never change patt2erns by who you use. Aigis was hardest for me in S.A due to running out of bullets. It's quite a boring mode though. Playing in short bursts here & there did the trick.

No surprise u being the 1st on the site to get platinum. Congratz :applause:

Stamping this with a 9/10

If it wasn't for usage of the pause menu and AI pattern scouting this would defiantly be a 10. It mainly requires learning the mechanics for all characters with only minimal tools needed, thankfully not to the point of impractical combos. Though even with all this, it still requires luck for even a mishap at the highest level can cause you so much grief and frustration. Challenge Mode can be dead ends due to a handful of trials requiring tricky links and timing to the point it'll take hours to learn these strings.

In short, defiantly a challenging plat that takes up to weeks to finish, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. Just need familiarity with timing and the game's system, mostly by getting all Online trophies.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll give this a 9/10

Seriously, Score Attack is hard and boring, but it is doable thanks to pause-abuse. Challenge mode wasn't that bad, it was quite easy imo, but there was some characters that is annoying to clear. Overall this is definitely a proud platinum to get.

Special Thanks to Chaoschao222 & SolitaryGenesis for their wonderful guides.

Edited by xanxus212
Wrong Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Must have been a nightmare restarting with every loss.

Congrats!

You have no idea. The worst was probably the dozen or so failures at Mitsuru and Yu with Yukiko and a completely and totally BS loss to Liz with Akihiko. I misjudged the spacing on one of my 5A's and the second hit whiffed and she ghastly wailed me. I don't normally rage at video games but that was probably the closest I've ever come to throwing my controller. And thanks.

Edited by postofficebuddy

• 1 month later...

I give this 10/10, it was the hardest and most stressful platinum I've ever gotten.

I found challenge mode to be the worst, only due to my inexperience. TK motions, and buffering inputs and things like that, were not known to me before this game, so I found the learning curve very hard for me, and wasted MANY hours just trying incorrect methods of dealing with the challenges. After about 5 characters done though I got better, and only then did I realize they weren't all that terrible. But I'll never forget the grief of thinking I can't finish them.

Score attack, as super frustrating as it was, I found very doable if your willing to invest the time to learn the ai. Towards the end I could beat it with a character within a few hours pretty reliably. 2 of the characters I beat on my first attempt, and many within 3-10 attempts, somewhere in that range. I highly abused the pause method though haha.

After challenges and score attack I just wanted the game done with, so I boosted the online trophies. So I can't comment on those too much.

Overall, if your new to this type of game as I was, it will feel like an impossible plat. If you have the willpower to stick with it though, it's very doable.

• 2 months later...

I'm gonna say a 9 out of 10. Most of the trophies take time, but they come fairly easily.

But then Score Attack along with Challenge Mode makes things more complicated. I've tried Score Attack a few times and I've only gotten as far as the second battle.

It takes a lot of skill and determination to get all the trophies, so yeah...

• 2 weeks later...

VOTED 10...

if theres an 11 or 12 ill vote for it... all challenges and score attack is already around 10-11 the rest ill give 1 make it 12 difficulty... my proudest and hardest fighting game plat is street fighter iv but after platinum this brutal game i guess this will be my 2nd tough fighting platinum next to street fighter iv if not then its my toughest fighting platinum... thanks to all the guides coz it really helped me a lot.. again this is a very tough and hard platinum, think about it before playing it. i warned you... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

10/10. It's one of my proudest Platinums for sure and I'm rating it so high because of the Challenges :mad: They were so hard and rage-inducing that I was tearing my hair out of frustration. I have to admit though that no matter how hard I try I will never be good at Challenges in any fighting games. Muscle memory and execution are just not my thing. I'll give you some examples (I swear I'm not joking): Mitsuru's 30th Challenge was the hardest one for me and it LITERALLY took 9 hours and 30 minutes of trial & error to pull it off! HOLY SHIT how mad I was. Yosuke's 30th took 4h30mins and Elizabeth's 30th took 4h. These were the hardest challenges to me and I'll never forget them till I die. Kanji's 30th was actually much easier than I thought after reading VeeT1's method, whom I'd like to thank. Took me about 30-40 mins with his method. There were many other insane Challenges out there and some were also hard to understand. Sorry if I complained too much.

Now Score Attack... I completed it in 7 days and took me 2 days for my 1st completion, 5 days for the remaining 12. I started it with Labrys and I found it hard the 1st time but quite enjoyable actually. After my 1st run, I managed to complete SA with the other characters in the 1-3 attempts' range. I suggest starting SA with Akihiko since he's the best character to start SA with (very powerful and great Instant Kill) and makes you understand how the AI works. Heck, I would dare to say that after my 1st completion it became EASY, just very long (some runs took me even 50 minutes because I REALLY abused the pause-exploit; Yukiko's run was the longest one and it took me 1h lol). So yeah, not too big of a deal if you're patient. I would have rated this game 7.5/10 if the Challenges weren't there :mad:

Lastly the online. Getting to lv.30 is really boring but easy. I met some good players and even some pros who beat me into dust lol, however when I played it most players were autocombo spammers and rage-quitters. Definitely a very disappointing online experience.

The remaining Trophies were all extremely easy. Good luck to everyone who attempts this game.

• 3 weeks later...