freezing issues

Darkangel269

Anyone else having issues with Peggle freezing up? it always stops at the copyright notice section of the loading screen. a white bar appears at the bottom of the screen and its done. the only way to get out of it is the reset the PS3.

So far I have tried deleting the game and reinstalling it, (because it only seems to be happening to Peggle) to no avail. I am hoping this is just a small glitch due to the PSN issues that just got resolved, but I have a PS3 Slim so it shouldn't have affected me anyway.

Anyone have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else having issues with Peggle freezing up? it always stops at the copyright notice section of the loading screen. a white bar appears at the bottom of the screen and its done. the only way to get out of it is the reset the PS3.

So far I have tried deleting the game and reinstalling it, (because it only seems to be happening to Peggle) to no avail. I am hoping this is just a small glitch due to the PSN issues that just got resolved, but I have a PS3 Slim so it shouldn't have affected me anyway.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have had this exact same problem. If you delete the save game file, it fixes the problem, however, your save game is gone.

I had 15 left to nights and about 1/4 of the 100% thing done. it doesn't suck to have to redo the challenges, most of the hardest ones were still left, it sucks cuz I had to unlock both games by playing through them both again. the game is fun, but a bit time consuming when I have a few games playing and I like to pop Peggle on for a round or two once in a while.

No harm, I just hope it was a fluke for a few rather than a pandemic coming.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any ideas?

dam i have just made a new thread about this without reading other threads sorry !!!

i had the same problem yesterday and now i'm screwed

• 1 month later...

got the same thing today, dammit! seems like the problem has been going on over a month already...

a patch would be nice, pain in the ass to have to start over again. plus theres no guarantee that it won't happen again after reinstalling and deleting the old saves....

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any ideas?

Having the same problem, if anyone hears of any news from say, PopCap about this, and a possible fix, please let us know. 90% done with the game, would hate to have to needlessly delete my game save. Thanks!

sounds more like a problem with your ps3 than peggle. I'll try it in a bit and see whats going on.

It's not a problem with the PS3, it's happened to a ton of people, not just one or two. I have 8 people on my friends list with the same problem. None of them want to erase their game save to fix it, as this has been the only solution some have tried that works, as stated in previous posts.

*UPDATE* - I have sent e-mails to both PopCap and Sony about this issue. Let's see what happens. I will update as soon as I get a response. They said with-in 3 days, I would receive a reply.

Edited by EzraBones
Update

sounds more like a problem with your ps3 than peggle. I'll try it in a bit and see whats going on.

it's not a ps3 problem, read the previous posts before posting.

PopCap replied to my email:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting PopCap Games Customer Support. We hope the following information will be of help to you.

1 - Please save your savegame data onto a memory stick

2 - delete the save game from the ps3

3 - try to start the game."

guess they don't know that doesn't help. sure, peggle will work after these steps but your save is screwed...

so i wrote them another email (got my own issue number now, for a fast reply :) )

Edited by Nightfang31

PopCap also sent me an e-mail. It's a bit more detailed than Nightfang31's.

-------------------------------------------------

We recommend the following:

1) Copy the save off to a memory stick

2) Delete the save from your PS3

3) Boot the game and let us know if that fixes the issue (we are testing for a

corrupted save)

4) If the issue goes away, please send us the save and

we'll look into what made your save corrupted

-------------------------------------------------

Here was my response:

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I followed your suggestion and copied my game save to both an external HDD and also a 4GB memory stick. Then deleted the game save from the PS3. I started up Peggle and it loaded up normal. I then reinstalled my game save and tried to start the game, and it repeated it's previous freeze at the copyright screen. So there is definitely an issue with the game save. It seems from most I talk to that it started around the time of the last PS3 firmware update, but I can't be sure.

One other thing I noticed was when I copied the game save onto the External HDD and the 4GB memory stick, that when I viewed the game save data on either of those devices through the XMB, the showed being 244kb in file size, but when the save data is viewed under PS3 Game Save Data on the XMB the file size is 110kb. When I moved the file onto my pc to send as an attachment, it was 110kb again. Weird?

Anyways, thanks for your time looking into this issue, and I hope there can be a patch to make the game save data viable again. I have kept a copy, just in case. Good Luck.

I will keep you all updated when I get another response.

• 7 months later...