Doctor of the Peggle Arts Guide

Liad-88

http://i.imgur.com/T0V8z2s.png

Credit to MikelAL93 for the banner.

Welcome to my Doctor of the Peggle Arts guide. I started writing this when I started out working on getting all clear for all the levels, and it ended up becoming rather large. This is basically a helpful guide for people who have trouble clearing this and that level. I've written what master I thought was the best for the level, along with some tips on doing what i call 'level shots', and what to aim for when clearing the level. Each level usually has a 'level shot', which is basically a good shot that gives you a big score, and clears out alot of pegs.

Do note that this is NOT an absolute guide to clearing all the levels, it is merely one of the many ways of getting there, as Peggle levels always change (i.e :the layout stays the same, but types of pegs are ever-changing), with orange, green and purple pegs constantly changing each time.

I also started my own youtube channel where I uploaded a level shot for mostly every level, so you can check that out if you need visual aids:

LIadPeggleReplay's Channel - YouTube - ive added these videos to the corresponding levels now.

Peggleland (1-1)

Master: Splork

Strategy:

Reset the level until you get one green peg on each side of the cluster, and hit the green pegs to clear out a massive amount of pegs. When you shoot the balls in this level, try and shoot at the opposite side of where a lot of pegs are, so the ball loses a lot of its momentum before it hits a massive cluster. if you shoot directly at a big cluster, it'll most likely just get thrown out of the cluster, as the ball has way too much momentum at the start. Try to think of ways to get where you want to get in 1-2 bounces, which will almost always guarantee a good shot(this is a basic strategy you should try to master during your time in Peggle, not just for this level)

[ame]

[/ame]

Slip and Slide (1-2)

Master:Renfield (or splork)

Strategy:

Do the level shot first. To hit it, aim at the middle of the first peg to ensure the shot goes smoothly along the line. After that, hit the green pegs and aim to clear out as much as possible. Finish the level by either precision aiming or going for the high score by hitting purple pegs. When I’m at the end of the level, I usually count the amount of pegs I have left against the balls I have left, to make sure how many pegs I need to hit per ball.

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Bjorns Gazebo (1-3)

Master: Renfield

Strategy:

Fairly straightforward level. Hit the green pegs and go for spooktacular. Hitting atleast 35 pegs is a good start. If you’re having trouble go for the orange peg and aim to bounce the ball into a big cluster to get free balls, and keep working on improving your aim to get the ball in the bucket.

[ame]

[/ame]

Das Bucket (1-4)

Strategy:

Start with the level shot. try and get both green pegs in the middle, and get a nice clear. Renfield also works pretty well on this level.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcen07GmB2g&feature=channel_video_title]Peggle 1-4 Splork Level Shot - YouTube[/ame]

Snow Day (1-5)

Strategy:

Pretty much the same as 1-3. Hit green pegs and go for atleast 30 pegs. Pegs aren’t as clustered on this level, so might take a little longer but nothing too difficult.

[ame]

[/ame]

Buffalo Wings (2-2)

Strategy:

Aim for the wings to get an extreme slide (have to clear the pegs ' in the way' before you can go for the shot), and try and get Splork's green peg in the middle of a bunch of random pegs to clear them out.

Skate Park (2-3)

Master: HSU

Strategy:

just fired away, didn't really think about it. sorry.

Spiral of Doom (2-4)

Master: Hsu

Strategy:

Open up a hole in the top of the spiral, get a Zen shot, and aim it into the hole. you'll usually get a extreme slide, which includes a lot of pegs. You'l probably get a free ball, and if you're lucky - 2 balls (75k score in one shot)

Mr. Peepers (2-5)

Strategy:

Get a green peg around the middle of the spinning circles to knock out alot of pegs

Scarab Crunch (3-1)

Strategy:

Try and get both green pegs in one shot, and get as many pegs cleared out as you can (40+ is a good start)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiHxU7k7OG4]Peggle 3-1 40+ Pegs Renfield - YouTube[/ame]

Infinite Cheese (3-2)

Strategy:

Try and get the zen shot and aim it so the ball will go into and clear out most of the vertical pegs in one go. after that, just aim for the other pegs while keeping in mind free balls (score or just hitting the bucket)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTT7pN6S_KY]Peggle 3-2 Hsu Shot - YouTube[/ame]

Ra Deal (3-3)

Strategy:

Go for the vertical pegs with a zen shot, by clearing out parts of the bigger 'eyelid' first.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqSQMLjv4GQ]Peggle 3-3 Hsu Shot - YouTube[/ame]

Croco-Gator Pit (3-4)

Strategy:

Try and get both green pegs in one shot, and get as many pegs cleared out as you can.

The Fever level (3-5)

Strategy:

Clear out either the 'F' or 'R' while avoiding puncturing the vertical line, and aim for the vertical peg line for extreme slide.

Thanks to Shadowrider50 for this tip:

This is a very good way to clear the entire bottom curve of the FEVER level (3-5).I used it to get the 1 million challenge done but i can see this useful for 100% clearing the level. Quoting from an x360 thread:

As long as you don't hit the green in the 1st shot you should be able to pull it off.

1. Aim as far left as possible

2. Use the d-pad and move 5 clicks right and shoot

3. Without moving from the 1st shot, move 5 more d-pad clicks right and shoot

Amoeban (4-1)

Strategy:

Reset the level until one (if not both) green pegs are in the middle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxu9OKC5QqE]Peggle 4-1 Splork Shot - YouTube[/ame]

The Last Flower (4-2)

Strategy:

Hit the top peg (I hit the top-right part) on the left top circle to get it to fall into the rotating circle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EPCdRwbXiQ]Peggle 4-2 Hsu Shot - YouTube[/ame]

We come in peace (4-3)

Strategy:

reset until you get both green pegs in both eyes, and then blast them (feel free to wait until the combo meter has increased a bit to give you alot of free balls in one shot)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT5VC6CgGSU]Peggle 4-3 Splork Shot - YouTube[/ame]

Maid In Space (4-4)

Strategy:

Get both green pegs in separate circles, and hit them to clear out the entire circles. your best bet for clearing out a circle without a green peg, is hitting one hole , and aim straight into the circle the next shot. you might get lucky and clear out an entire circle in one shot. very difficult level in my opinion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm-SWIdBFB8]Peggle 4-4 Splork Level Shot - YouTube[/ame]

Family Eyes (4-5)

Master: Tula

Strategy:

This is easily one of the hardest for me so far. I used Tula to get a high combo going, so I could easily grab free balls when I hit the purple peg. Good Luck, you'll need it.

Pearl Clam (5-1)

Master: Claude

Strategy:

Get the flippers and use them to take out most of the bricks. you can almost clear all the bricks with one shot when you have the flippers.

Insane Aquarium (5-2)

Strategy:

Go for Spooktacular, and aim to clear out a big batch with 2x spooky balls. after that, just be careful with your shots.

Tasty Waves (5-3)

Strategy:

take out the pegs on the top sides first, then play safely with your shots, aiming for spooktacular.

Our Favorite Eel (5-4)

Strategy:

Go for the level shot, then knock out the orange pegs . the level shot should be your third shot after clearing out the two bricks in the 'way'. Go for clearing out the orange pegs, and then go for purple pegs to get a big combo, and lots of free balls.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDY3JWoJQaw]Peggle 5-4 lvl Shot - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing banner.

Waves (6-1)

Master: Hsu (or Renfield)

Strategy:

Go for the level shot. other than that, I just used Hsu and fired away. I cleared it on my second try, so I might have been lucky, or the level was just that easy.

Video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqlMlDauo7M]Peggle 400k 1st ball, 6-1, 75 pegs, very nice - YouTube[/ame]

Spiderweb (6-2)

Strategy:

Go for Spooktacular, grabbing everything from 40-60 pegs in one shot. after that, be careful and go for free balls either through score or fine aiming.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yInxj2H7y1M]Peggle 6-2 Renfield lvl shot 51 pegs - YouTube[/ame]

Blockers (6-3)

Master: Tula/Renfield

Strategy:

With Tula I hit both green pegs, and cleared it on my first try. Renfield is nice to clear out alot of pegs, but the definitive hardest part about this level are the blockers that are in the way. try to work out how to hit the pegs hidden under the blockers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AutwUYpTJCk]Peggle 6-3 Renfield lvl shot 37 pegs - YouTube[/ame]

Baseball (6-4)

Strategy:

Spooktacular, get a high combo-meter and go for free balls via score or fine aiming

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oanIQAbSIPI]Peggle 6-4 Renfield lvl shot 39 pegs - YouTube[/ame]

Vermin (6-5)

Strategy:

hit the midde 'face' to get the ball to bounce into one of the jars, and get a green peg in the first shot. then aim the shot with zen ball into the 'face' to knock out about 70-90% of it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9JrqT3yVjQ]Peggle 6-5 Hsu lvl shot - YouTube[/ame]

Holland Oats (7-1)

Strategy:

Go for spooktacular. that's pretty much it.

I Heart Flowers (7-2)

Strategy:

Some luck is required for this level, but keep going at it, and you'll get it. not too hard.

Working From Home (7-3)

Strategy:

Restart until there's a green peg in each of the moving circles, to clear them out. their a real pain, so make sure you get them out of the way.

Tula's Ride (7-4)

Strategy:

use the flippers from the start, and aim to clear out almost all the pegs during the flippers.

70 and sunny (7-5)

Master: Lord Cinderbottom

Strategy:

This level is all about the free shots. I probably got about 15-25 free shots in this level, and every shot I hit only one peg. What you want to do is first his all the 'horizontal' pegs that keeps you from hitting the level shots , and then clear out the level shots (there's 4-5 of them in this level). after that , you want to hit the pegs so that the ball arcs over into the empty space and into the bucket. an example: I hit all the level shots on the right side, so I hit the pegs on the left side so the ball jumps into the other side and lands in the bucket. The arc for the ball is usually the same when hitting the pegs, so you should get the hang of it soon enough. I used the fireball shot to clear out the central pegs at the bottom, because you can't hit level shots off of them, and their a pain to hit free shots off of aswell.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KryrgkSS8Ho]Peggle 7-5 Hsu lvl shot - YouTube[/ame]

Win A Monkey (8-1)

Strategy:

Go for the level shot, and try to amass alot of free balls through high score. I started off the level by hitting the top part of the 'ears' on each side, so that the ball would slide down on the sides, which cleared out alot of annoying pegs in the start.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Dog Pinball (8-2)

Strategy:

What you need here is to get the green pegs out of the way so you can get free balls whenever you fire a shot. go for the level shot if the chance presents itself. i'd rather not call it a 'level shot', as it's just blasting into a open circle and hope to clear everything out, but it's a level shot nonetheless.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Spin Again (8-3)

Strategy:

What you want, is to have the green pegs in the middle (for clearing out that nasty batch), or in each of the circles on the side. the circles can be easily cleared with a level shot, so it could be nice to have both in the middle. after that, it's the same basic ordeal. Splork really does 75% of the work for you on this level.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Roll 'Em (8-4)

Strategy:

The key here is to get a green peg in one of the dices, because they are _HELL_ to clear out while stil keeping your balls at a high number. go for the level shot, but it would be advised to clear out alot of the orange pegs that surround the dice to get a big score, and some free balls when you hit the green peg.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Five of a Kind (8-5)

Strategy:

A good idea for this level is to clear out the top of the cards, so you can shoot into the openings and clear out a 'card' in one shot. Get the green pegs in the cards to clean it up.

The Love Moat (9-1)

Strategy:

I rarely used cinderbottom until I cleared out alot of the pegs with 'natural shots', seeing as when you get the ball going in this level, you can clear out 20-30 pegs with little to no effort on the first shots. When using lord cinderbottom, what you want to do is to have the ball hit the sides of the bucket so it flies zig-zag, and not straight up and down. it's also nice to get the multiplier high before using cinderbottom, as it's easy to get a high score (free balls) with cinderbottom.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Doom with a View (9-2)

Strategy:

You want to hit both level shots here. The first shot should be the level shot to clear out the middle. keep aiming to clear out the middle part first, and if you get a master shot ready, fire it as the level shot. when you cleared out most of the middle part, hit the vertical pegs on the sides so it goes into the bucket. this is very easy to figure out, and you can clear out both innermost sides without losing a single ball if the middle is clear. after that, it's all about cleaning up the rest without hitting that last orange peg.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Rhombi (9-3)

Strategy:

work on clearing out the top loose pegs first, and when you get a green peg go for the lvl shot. you want to hit the bottom part of the cubes, and then hit the bucket so it flies up again , hits the wall and homes in on the cube one more time, to clear out most of them.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

9 Luft Balloons (9-4)

Strategy:

For the first shot, I always shoot the ball so it hits the middle circles and bounces inbetween the middle and outer circle. when I get the master shot, I hit the lvl shot. other than that, I go for the holes in the circles and aim to clear out the entire circle in one shot. after that it just comes down to precision aiming.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Twisted Sisters (9-5)

Strategy:

When you get one green peg in each of the balls (just restart till it happens), that's basically when the level is done for you. you can clear out a bit with cinderbottom, but Splork doesn't leave anything behind. so get one green peg in each ball, and go for the level shot. the nice thing about the balls, is that if you open up a hole in the top, you can wedge the ball into one of the openings, and the ball loses all its momentum and drops through, instead of bouncing away like it would usually do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_SPnA1-q4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_SPnA1-q4[/ame]

Edited by Liad-88
rearranged content to fit more

Spin Cycle (10-1)

Strategy:

Renfield is a nice guy to start things off with. getting 30-40 pegs is a decent start , and is the level shot for this level. the biggest problem on this level is getting the pegs under the spinning bar.

Some times Renfield will shoot all over the place, and hit most of them, but to clear them out yourself, you have to aim for the wall (rather high, almost at the top), and bounce it down to hit them.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The Dude Abides (10-2)

Strategy:

For starters, try to fire off one shot to break the outer layer of the circle. then try to fire off a shot into there, to break the next layer. if you can manage to crack a hole in two or three of these, you can fire off the level shot with Hsu and clean out. the minimum is cracking the outer layer, so you can get in, but it's nice to be able to go even further. Hsu'll take you places!

[ame=

]
[/ame]

When Pigs Fly (10-3)

Strategy:

the biggest problem in this level, is the teleportation 'pads', as the bucket isn't staying where you want it to be. when the ball hits the pads, it warps to the other side of the level, which resulted in alot of missed opportunities. Renfield is obvious here, as everything is scattered. Go for the level shot early on, and try to clear out most of the right hand side (beyond the wall) at the start. to get most of the pegs right next to the bee nest, you have to bounce the ball from up under the teleport pads.

Yang, Yin (10-4)

Strategy:

For this level, what you want to start with is the small circle, and fire off shots into the left part of the big circle whenever you puncture it. try to spare the level shot for when you've cleared out alot of orange pegs and gotten the multiplier going pretty high, and do the level shot for alot of free balls (you want to fire the level shot when the bucket is on the right hand side, so the ball can bounce ).

The second fire shot you want to either use to finish off the left circle, or get the plus-shaped pegs in the big circle out of the way. when you've cleared out most of the level, you need to start shooting bucket shots. I had to shoot atleast 20 free shots nearing the end of the level.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Zen Frog (10-5)

Strategy:

This is one of those delicious levels, because you can use Claude. get the flippers, and do the level shot. if you're good enough, you can even clear out the spinning parts in two shots. Overall I found this to be a fairly straightforward level, and it's great because if you can hit the purple peg, you're almost 100% sure to get a free shot.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Paw Reader (11-1)

Master: Kat Tut (the cat) /Lord Cinderbottom /Splork

Strategy:

This level was fairly hard. there are several level shots in this level, and the first thing you should do is shoot the smallest 'rays' at the top, so the ball bounces inbetween them and knocks them out. this opens up the center part which makes it possible to get great shots in. after that , you should go for the level shot that clears up the right side.

If you're using Lord Cinderbottom, I recommend shooting the left part to clear out alot. You can get about 2 regular level shots if you're good/lucky, and one master level shot if you're using Cinder. After that you have to go for bucket shots to finish it up. To be honest I never cleared it with Cinder, but I managed to get 2-3 pegs away alot of times. With Kat Tut, I got some good level shots in, and I cleared it in the first try I tried him.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

End of Time (11-2)

Master: Kat Tut

Strategy:

for this level , you want to clear out the right side first, and this can be a bit of a pain, as you have to pull off 5-6 level shots flawlessly to have a easy time doing this level. to hit a level shot, aim the ball gun on the corner of the top peg so the aim is 'lifted' from the peg, then hold R1 (to slow down your aim when rotating) and slightly tap to the left once or twice, then fire. the white aim reticle should slightly hit the peg on the side, and if done correctly the ball will jump up and then slide down the line, giving you an extreme slide. this can be performed on all the lines, but some lines need to have the top peg removed so you can aim correctly.

When you cleared out the left side, you can do the level shots for the left side, but the easiest (and more time-consuming) is to hit free balls. hitting free balls is extremely easy on the left side, and once you get in the groove you should be able to clear out the left side without losing too many balls ( I ended up with 25 free ball shots when finishing the level). Note that the absolute top-most pegs will hit the 'roof' and almost slam straight down, and not arc like the other free ball shots, but after a couple of runs you should have it down.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Billions & Billions (11-3)

Strategy: The strategy for this level I actually found on xbox360achievements.org, and it was posted by Asayler. I did not contact him about quoting this from him, so if he ever tells me I should remove it - I will. I found this strategy so helpful, that I cleared this level within 10 minutes.

Board 11-3 has been quite a pain, but I've found a pattern that will make it a little less painful. Part of what makes this board so hard is that you have to line up the spaceship and the bucket and whatever pegs you are aiming for. But, you can get at least 8 shots ignoring the spaceship and land them in the bucket.

First, to explain the notation - under Aiming: Center means the ball-gun is dead center at the position it starts, Left is as far left as you can aim, and the same for Right. Bucket means the position of the bucket when you pull the trigger: L means the farthest left, L<- means almost to the far left moving towards it, L-> means far left moving away, <-R means moving away from the right side, ->R moving towards the right, and C-> means in the center moving right. And last, I have the number of pegs for each shot.

AIM BUCKET PEGS

Center <-R 11

Center <-R 4

Center ->R 4

Center L<- 10

Left L<- 10

Left <-R 8

Right <-R 6

Right C-> 5

This will clear a total of 58 pegs leaving 42. One side note is that hitting a green peg may throw off the pattern, depending on the power. Bjorn is the only one who will have no effect, but it seems that using Splork with two green pegs on either side of the bottom area is the best way to go. Also, there will only be 6 pegs in the top section, and it may be a good idea to have one of those be orange so that you don't accidentally end the game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkfK2z1APeY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkfK2z1APeY[/ame]

Don't Panic (11-4)

Strategy:

For this level, you want a green peg on each side of the circle to clear out as much as possible. It's a fairly straightforward level, shoot on the sides and clear out everything. The biggest problem is probably going to be hitting the upper sides,and hitting the pegs under the ball in the middle when there's not alot of pegs left. see the level shot videos for how to do it. Don't lose your cool, and if you're having trouble; experiment by hitting the ball and see where it goes.

note- these arent lvl shots, they just show where to aim to hit those hard-to-reach spots:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS7atrHZw7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS7atrHZw7k[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRP4tdubatw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRP4tdubatw[/ame]

Beyond Reason (11-5)

Strategy:

One of the easiest ways to do this level, is to go for the Helix level shot. The first thing you need to do is clear out one of the sides that don't have a green peg, without puncturing the helix (atleast not too much). when you've cleared out one of the sides, you want to open up a hole near the bottom of the helix. Aim almost at the top of the wall, and keep shooting in the same spot to knock out about 3-4 pegs. after that, grab the Zen Ball, aim in the same spot, and get it to go in. you should clear almost the entire Helix, leaving maybe a few pegs. after that, you want to try and finish off the helix (since it's hell to get free shots off of moving pegs), and after that use free shots to finish off the last pegs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4pei3XK8cc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4pei3XK8cc[/ame]

Edited by Liad-88

• 1 month later...

This is a very good way to clear the entire bottom curve of the FEVER level (3-5).

I used it to get the 1 million challenge done but i can see this useful for 100% clearing the level.

Quoting from an x360 thread

As long as you don't hit the green in the 1st shot you should be able to pull it off.

1. Aim as far left as possible

2. Use the d-pad and move 5 clicks right and shoot

3. Without moving from the 1st shot, move 5 more d-pad clicks right and shoot

Edited by Shadowrider50

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...