The Elder Scrolls Online

Pabs_85

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/bethblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/bishopimage.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZN5F--AJCw]The Elder Scrolls Online - Announcement Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Long rumored and much anticipated, The Elder Scrolls Online is finally being unveiled in the June issue of Game Informer. In this month's cover story we journey across the entire land of Tamriel, from Elsweyr to Skyrim and everywhere in between.

Developed by the team at Zenimax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online merges the unmatched exploration of rich worlds that the franchise is known for with the scale and social aspects of a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Players will discover an entirely new chapter of Elder Scrolls history in this ambitious world, set a millennium before the events of Skyrim as the daedric prince Molag Bal tries to pull all of Tamriel into his demonic realm.

"It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years," said game director and MMO veteran Matt Firor, whose previous work includes Mythic's well-received Dark Age of Camelot. "The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise."

An in-depth look at everything from solo questing to public dungeons awaits in our enormous June cover story – as well as a peek at the player-driven PvP conflict that pits the three player factions against each other in open-world warfare over the province of Cyrodiil and the Emperor's throne itself.

Come back tomorrow morning for a brief teaser trailer from Zenimax Online and Bethesda Softworks, and later on in the afternoon for the first screenshot of the game. Over the course of the month, be sure to visit our Elder Scrolls Online hub, which will feature new exclusive content multiple times each week. You'll meet the three player factions, see video interviews with the creative leads, and much more.

The Elder Scrolls Online is scheduled to come out in 2013 for both PC and Macintosh.

June Cover Revealed: The Elder Scrolls Online - Features - www.GameInformer.com

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/bethesda/elderscrolls/online/cover-reveal/spread.jpg

Edited by Pabs_85

I love SKYRIM and Oblivion.

but PEGI 12 WTF!? :mad::mad:

The last thing i need is a bunch of fucking 12year old cunts screaming while im trying to play, just like they do on mw2/3 the most fucked up gameseries of all with all the 12 year olds screaming !

Ok its only on PC good, i wont buy it!

I love SKYRIM and Oblivion.

but PEGI 12 WTF!? :mad::mad:

The last thing i need is a bunch of fucking 12year old cunts screaming while im trying to play, just like they do on mw2/3 the most fucked up gameseries of all with all the 12 year olds screaming !

Ok its only on PC good, i wont buy it!

Even if it was an 18, it wouldn't stop kids buying it.

Anyway, this doesn't interest me. Not a fan of playing games on the PC.

People need to remember that Bethesda aren't developing it, Zenimax Online Studios are and they are separate to the core team who have worked on Skyrim.

Also, what is everyones problem with The Elder Scrolls having multiplayer? Games like TES are perfect for co-operative experiences, just replace a follower like Lydia with an actual Human Being player and voila! How the Hell would that ruin anyone's experience?

• 2 weeks later...

There were rumors of an Elder Scrolls MMO from way back when I was playing Morrowind (which was a few years old at the time) and I hated the idea than and I still hate the idea now. The Elder Scrolls games are a wonderful mix of open-world do-as-you-please superhero type of game where you can play the hero for a dying world/civilization/etc. So many games do it but Elder Scrolls shines when you can do whatever the hell you want. Frankly, if for no other reason, I hate this idea because you aren't he only hero.

Yeah, I want my fantasy I AM THE HERO! game. So what. :D

Still, it's an MMO and I don't play MMOs. Plus, it's Zenimax. Yeah, ok, I'll pass on this one. Not sure why they're going for an MMO when even BioWare doesn't seem to be able to pull off the grand MMO Star Wars game that is SWTOR. MMOs seem to be dying.

Edited by redknightalex
Typos

I loved Skyrim I got 1000gs with it on the 360 before xmas so haven't played it again, making a tes online would be amazing as there would always be reason to play the title.

Hmm' I've always been against Online for Elder Scrolls. By the screen shots its not exactly how we know the Elder Scrolls to be :|

http://www.gameinformer.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/610x0/__key/CommunityServer-Blogs-Components-WeblogFiles/00-00-02-73-21/0777.watermarked.jpg

We more than likely wont see this title for while, or at least i hope they take some more time on testing it. All we need is one huge open world of maxed out characters all wearing the same armor, and most having less than 100 hours of gameplay. if it is anything like there previous titles i think it may fail online

• 1 year later...

It has been announced at the E3 that TES: Online will be coming to PS4! :applause: (Source)

Not 100% sure if an online TES will be as good as the offline ones, but if it is I will be getting it on the first day. No need to get a gaming PC for it, hoorah! Since a beta will debut on PS4 exclusively we can try it out first.

Edited by Aruberikku

• 5 months later...

As much as I'd love more games on my PS4, I still find myself wanting to play it on the PC, it's just, better, and easier to control being that I'm going with either a healing role (need to fast target/tab over to your allies during raid bosses) or a stealth rogue (need to fast target/tab in pvp and on raid bosses that summon adds that must die) I'm playing DC:U on the PS4 and my only complaint is trying to target with a controller.

• 1 month later...
Had an hour+ in the beta tonight, good fun, Very polished a nice on the eyes, Will get more time at it tomorrow :thumbsup:

So far it's ran great for me. I love the character customisation. Just gotten out to Tameriel. Going to play a bit more today.

The only thing I have a problem with is how addicted I may get to it ha.

Especially with a subscription base.

• 2 weeks later...

I had great fun during the beta weekend, I just thought the loot was a little low, I was only getting like 1 gold per kill, if it isn't changed I can see a lot of grinding, but other than that, the graphics and sound was immersive. I will definitely be buying this game.