NEStalgia: The Retro MORPG. Anyone else play? Want to?

PuppetShoJustice

Here's the trailer for those unfamiliar: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX8dd13IovU]YouTube - NEStalgia: The Retro MORPG[/ame]

Been playing it a lot lately. Gave it a shot after seeing it mentioned on 1UP and ended up getting a paid account because I want to support the makers. The lead guy is really cool and pops on our server sometimes. When he's around he's usually more than happy to answer questions. He even showed up to watch our PVP tournament last week.

The game is free to play and I think fans of mid 80s to early 90s console RPGs (like myself) should at least take a look at it. You can get a subscription which gives you access to cosmetic stuff, some minor fast-travel options, and more class options. But the payed classes aren't better, just different.

We have an auction house, daily quests, a new endgame dungeon opening up this week, open PVP servers (if you're into that kind of thing), a standard-issue main story quest like you'd find in an NES era RPG. You can pick and choose upgrades at milestone levels (10, 20, 30). It's a fun time-waster.

I post this for two reasons. One, I think more people should check this game out. Two, if anyone from here does decide they'd want to play I'd love to have some more people on the Norwood (PVE) server. My guild could use some Wizards or Clerics. Or Soldiers. Or whatever. Just looking for more fun people to play alongside. This is very much a social game.

I'd be happy to answer any questions or whatever either in-game or here on this topic. If anyone cares.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I wanted to bump this one time since the game's summer content push is about to take off and start adding some really cool things like FF1 style boat travel, a skill tree system to better customize your character development, monster catching, a higher level cap, gamepad support, the capacity to keybind class abilities, and a ton of other stuff.

And a bit later on 2 new classes, a randomly generated endgame dungeon. A reputation system apparently. A bunch of stuff really.

The Norwood server has become the Algol server. So feel free to stop by and say hi if you give the game a shot. I'm PuppetShowJustice over in NEStalgia too.