XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > >

Old 03-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
PuppetShoJustice

Arrow NEStalgia: The Retro MORPG. Anyone else play? Want to?

Here's the trailer for those unfamiliar:

Been playing it a lot lately. Gave it a shot after seeing it mentioned on 1UP and ended up getting a paid account because I want to support the makers. The lead guy is really cool and pops on our server sometimes. When he's around he's usually more than happy to answer questions. He even showed up to watch our PVP tournament last week.

The game is free to play and I think fans of mid 80s to early 90s console RPGs (like myself) should at least take a look at it. You can get a subscription which gives you access to cosmetic stuff, some minor fast-travel options, and more class options. But the payed classes aren't better, just different.

We have an auction house, daily quests, a new endgame dungeon opening up this week, open PVP servers (if you're into that kind of thing), a standard-issue main story quest like you'd find in an NES era RPG. You can pick and choose upgrades at milestone levels (10, 20, 30). It's a fun time-waster.

I post this for two reasons. One, I think more people should check this game out. Two, if anyone from here does decide they'd want to play I'd love to have some more people on the Norwood (PVE) server. My guild could use some Wizards or Clerics. Or Soldiers. Or whatever. Just looking for more fun people to play alongside. This is very much a social game.

I'd be happy to answer any questions or whatever either in-game or here on this topic. If anyone cares.

“Justice is the crowning glory of the virtues.” ~Marcus Tullius Cicero
PuppetShoJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
rally808

is this anew game or an older one? i havent heard of it.

And you broke me like the cigarette
that I busted on the day I quit.
But now that I've been drinking,
I'm outta smokes and I wish that I had it.
rally808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
TheLilyNipper

Send a message via MSN to TheLilyNipper

:-o , this looks great, good days of 8bit

TheLilyNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
evilkuja

Send a message via MSN to evilkuja Send a message via Yahoo to evilkuja Send a message via Skype™ to evilkuja

Think i'll have to check this game out. I used to play another MMORPG game very similar to this back in 2006.

Trophy Card in Spoiler
evilkuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
[PS3T]kira

Send a message via Skype™ to [PS3T]kira

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

I don't quite understand has its Multiplayer, but it looks pretty cool.
[PS3T]kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
cnm313

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Looks interesting. I'll definitely check it out tonight after work. It will give me something to do on my breaks during class.

Has it gotten more popular since your post?
Old 07-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
PuppetShoJustice

I wanted to bump this one time since the game's summer content push is about to take off and start adding some really cool things like FF1 style boat travel, a skill tree system to better customize your character development, monster catching, a higher level cap, gamepad support, the capacity to keybind class abilities, and a ton of other stuff.

And a bit later on 2 new classes, a randomly generated endgame dungeon. A reputation system apparently. A bunch of stuff really.

The Norwood server has become the Algol server. So feel free to stop by and say hi if you give the game a shot. I'm PuppetShowJustice over in NEStalgia too.

“Justice is the crowning glory of the virtues.” ~Marcus Tullius Cicero
PuppetShoJustice is offline   Reply With Quote