[PC] Hatred (Destructive Creations)

vava

http://i.imgur.com/A08bmiZ.png

Developer: Destructive Creations

Platform: PC

Release: Q2 2015

Hatred is an isometric shooter with disturbing atmosphere of mass killing, where player takes the role of a cold blood antagonist, who is full of hatred for humanity. It's a horror, but here YOU are the villain. Wander the outskirts of New York State, seek for victims on seven free-roam levels. Fight against law enforcement and take a journey into the antagonist's hateful mind. Gather equipment of the dead ‘human shields’ to spread Armageddon upon society. Destroy everything on your way of hunt and fight back when it's disturbed...

...just don't try this at home and don't take it too seriously, it's just a game. :)

The question you may ask is: why do they do this? These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment – we wanted to create something against trends. Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure. Herecomes our game, which takes no prisoners and makes no excuses. We say ‘yes, it is a game about killing people’ and the only reason of the antagonist doing that sick stuff is his deep-rooted hatred. Player has to ask himself what can push any human being to mass-murder. We provoke this question using new Unreal Engine 4, pushing its physics (or rather PhysX) systems to the limits and trying to make the visuals as good as possible. It's not a simple task, because of the game's non-linear structure and a lot of characters on the screen. But here at Destructive Creations, we are an experienced team and we know how to handle the challenge!

Screenshots:

http://abload.de/img/s1h6dan.jpg

http://abload.de/img/s2e8exf.jpg

http://abload.de/img/s4k3cqf.jpg

http://abload.de/img/s6hlu3x.jpg

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrX7G-1xPLs

Wonder if will be worse than Postal 2!

Hatred consists of 7 free-roam levels connected with cohesive story in background. Let's not kid ourselves - story won't be the most important part, I think that tons of cutscenes or dialogues would disrupt the flow of the game and that 'lone psycho' feel.

We're small, independent studio from Gliwice. It's 10 people and we're all paratroopers from a bigger company (The Farm 51) We got some experience, we've been working together for quite some time, we're all good pals and we're working on a game. We got a budget, skills and goodwill. And crazy idea too, so we're going for it.

We're not afraid of controversy. We know there will be one, but they're part of video game history and one game won't change anything. You have the same thing in lots, lots of games, the difference is we're not justifying anything - we want the player to think about the story behind it and to let him figure out himself what drives this fucked up dude who panned out idea in his head that he wants to shoot people.

People will split into two groups - we can already see that - those who 'dig' it and those who think it crossed the line. And that's good, some things should be black or white. We're not going to force anyone to play it, we won't feed you with bullshit talk, that it's something revolutionary.

We're pointing out that Hatred is a game for mature audience and not for the faint-hearted. A guy coming from stressful day at work, looking for some kind of relief, or a type that just likes that genre and mayhem style action - he is our target. Rest will be appalled by it, whatever. Till noone comes to our offices guns blazing rampaging in the name of 'saving the world from violent games influence' , we're cool.

I was wondering when something about this would get posted on here. :p I'm curious as to whether Steam or GOG will actually accept the game to be included for sale on their platforms, considering the subject matter.

The media will have a field day with this one!

I think this will be an interesting and intriguing game.

They already are. xD I read an article about it from Forbes yesterday that was fairly well written. Wasn't just straight up bashing the game and saying video game violence is bad, but made some good points the game.

Edited by Gage

• 1 month later...
Strange, I wonder why.

Because Gabe Newell actually has principles. There's a message floating around from him to the devs that says he heard the game was pulled and went around to his employees to ask why. I guess upon hearing why, he decided it wasn't a good decision (because let's be honest, it fucking wasn't a good decision to pull a game from a service explicitly created to let the community pick what games it wants sold and not sold) and made them put the game back up.

"Yesterday I heard that we were taking Hatred down from Greenlight. Since I wasn't up to speed, I asked around internally to find out why we had done that. It turns out that it wasn't a good decision, and we'll be putting Hatred back up. My apologies to you and your team. Steam is about creating tools for content creators and customers."

I don't want to play this game, and Valve certainly has the right to do what they want with their own store, but when you make a service to let the community decide what games they want and don't want because you can't be assed to curate your own shop, you had damn well better let the community do it then instead of stepping in and pulling a game at random not because it violates any rules, but because it's controversial. Especially considering all the utterly broken shit Steam continues to be happy to sell.

Again, they have the right to do what they want with their own store, but I also have the right to see what they do, say "that's bullshit", and start taking my business elsewhere. So I'm glad Gabe stepped in and did the right thing here.

http://www.thegamingliberty.com/wp-content/uploads/gaben.jpg

Horray, let's go buy a game made by racists and homophobes.

That was debunked, actually.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

[ame]

[/ame]

We wish to announce Hatred's release date, it's set for June 1st, this year of course. ;)

For 99% it's a final release date, as the game is almost complete at the moment, we're on the final polishing stage. Fun fact is that we wanted to release it on May 19th, but our team will be occupied with playing The Witcher 3 at the time. :D

• 1 month later...

I watched a bunch of gameplay videos and it just looks like a boring twin stick shooter, that apparently controls pretty badly. I'm not sure how it earned an AO rating, because it doesn't seem worse than what I've seen in GTA 5 or other games... maybe the intent behind it?

I'm not sure how it earned an AO rating, because it doesn't seem worse than what I've seen in GTA 5 or other games... maybe the intent behind it?

That's pretty much the reason. GTA has comedy and other things tide into it, not just killing. Hatred is all about cold blooded murder, and that's it. In GTA at least you were doing things to better your situation, help others, or something along those lines. You're indiscriminately slaughtering everyone in this game because you hate your life and everyone around you.

That's pretty much the reason. GTA has comedy and other things tide into it, not just killing. Hatred is all about cold blooded murder, and that's it. In GTA at least you were doing things to better your situation, help others, or something along those lines. You're indiscriminately slaughtering everyone in this game because you hate your life and everyone around you.

What about when compared to MKX? A game where you actively beat the snot out of your opponent and finish them off with a gruesomely detailed fatality. I'm pretty sure that game is only rated mature. I've watched the execution animations from Hatred and I honestly don't think they're that bad. I don't know, maybe I'm just desensitized towards violence and mayhem in movies and games. Also they ripped off the Doom logo.

• 3 months later...

FREE Hatred DLC: SURVIVAL going live Tomorrow! (10.09)

FREE Hatred DLC: SURVIVAL! It's going live Tomorrow!

Survival mode features:

∙ 3 custom maps added only to the SURVIVAL mode.

∙ 3 playable characters with various combat statistics.

∙ Ranks system that includes: unlockable perks and specials, unlockable weapons, and items of mass destruction.

∙ New leaderboards and achievements.

Game also got a couple couple cool updates:

- Cheats (infinite ammo, god mode, any weapon pickable).

- New difficulty modes (story and insane).

- Steam Cards.

- Multiple bugs fixed and performance improved.

- Additional sub-quests for some levels.

If your friends didn’t play Hatred yet, let them know that for a limited time of a week, Hatred will be discounted by 35%! (this includes our OFFICIAL STORE and Steam platform)

Have fun guys!

• 1 year later...

Does this even have Steam Achievements. I just heard about this game today. It's not something I would play since it's a Steam game. Too bad it not coming to consoles.

Edit: It does :eek:

https://www.exophase.com/game/hatred-steam/achievements/

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

Does this even have Steam Achievements. I just heard about this game today. It's not something I would play since it's a Steam game. Too bad it not coming to consoles.

Edit: It does :eek:

https://www.exophase.com/game/hatred-steam/achievements/

:|

What's it like living under a rock? :think:

This game was all over the news when they released the trailer in late 2014 because omg the controversy. Then it was in the news again when Valve temporarily banned it from Steam Greenlight before Gabe Newell stepped in a day or two later and unbanned it. It came out on June 1, 2015 and then everyone played it, realized it was a terrible game mechanically and the subject matter wasn't enough to make it interesting, and everyone forgot about it by July. So you're about 1 year and 4 months late to the Hatred party. :p

Also it's been rated AO by the ESRB (completely because of the controversy and not because of the content of the game), so it's never coming to consoles ever. Which is fine, because it sucks anyway.

[ame]

[/ame]

:|

What's it like living under a rock? :think:

This game was all over the news when they released the trailer in late 2014 because omg the controversy. Then it was in the news again when Valve temporarily banned it from Steam Greenlight before Gabe Newell stepped in a day or two later and unbanned it. It came out on June 1, 2015 and then everyone played it, realized it was a terrible game mechanically and the subject matter wasn't enough to make it interesting, and everyone forgot about it by July. So you're about 1 year and 4 months late to the Hatred party. :p

Also it's been rated AO by the ESRB (completely because of the controversy and not because of the content of the game), so it's never coming to consoles ever. Which is fine, because it sucks anyway.

It's all good, I live under a rock with internet connection. :)

I did watch the game's ending and gameplay on youtube. It's bad, but no. I never once heard of this game during the time it was being talked about. I'm a Sony fanboy one can say.