Costume Quest 2 (Double Fine's)

vava

http://www.pcmrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/mpc-hc-2014-03-10-15-37-10-42-750x400.png

Costume Quest 2 is coming to PC and consoles this Halloween.

“I saw [a sequel] more as a demand,” Double Fine’s Tim Schafer told IGN. “I don’t know that I had much choice in the matter.” Costume Quest 2 is in full production now, and “got up and running really fast.”

“It is that game, you can’t slip that schedule,” Schafer explained. “It’s the kind of game you always want to revisit, there’s such a great core to it.”

TBH i found that game super bad!

Really? I find that quite surprising, I don't think I have ever actually met anyone who didn't enjoy Psychonauts :p

I thought it was original, charming and witty, but yeah, each to their own I guess :)

• 2 months later...

Costume Quest 2 has battle upgrades, extra costumes, more - Gematsu

A refined battle system. Whereas the first game’s battles became repetitive, the sequel’s is being fine tuned with added attack combos and by making the player time their button presses as the character attacks, rather than beforehand. Nailing the button press allows opportunity for follow-up attacks.

A wider variety of costumes. Some of the favorites from the first game are returning, but new costumes—including the Clown, the Superhero, the Pterodactyl, and the Candy Corn—are also being added.

Your party’s health won’t automatically regenerate after each battle. Water fountains will replenish your energy.

Ability cards. These will enhance players’ abilities in battle. They’re a combination of Battle Stamps (which acted as modifiers in the first game) and Creepy Treat Cards. They can be purchased from vendors or earned by completing quests. Some are limited and may take a few battles before they can be used again.

Heelys for all. In the first game, only the Robot costume wore heelys, which allowed players to move around the game world faster. In Costume Quest 2, all kids wear heelys no matter the costume.

Better side-quests. The first game’s side-quests were a bit “fetch quest-y,” according to Double Fine. Costume Quest 2‘s will be “more [tied to] game mechanics.”

Pinatas. Players will be able to hunt for pinatas, which contain more candy, between quests.

Oh boy! This game is going to be even more epic that the first one!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...