What PC Game Should I Get? Thread

ShadowAFC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the free game list i would get Saints Row because if you look at the steam sale or any other website such getgamesgo or greenman gaming you can get Bioshock for £5 and Tomb Raider for the same price. I do recommend you purchase Bioshock and Tomb Raider both games are some of the best stories I have played this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest you just look at the library of games on Steam. Ore go to GOG and look at some old games. Some are just so damn good like X-COM UFO Defence ore DOOM (use Doomseeker to play with other people online with crazy mods :D).

I haven't played Tomb Raider yet (got all the DLC and the game cheap on Steam sale :p).

Bioshock Infinite is boring, story maybe great but gameplay is very bland.

Saints Row IV wait for GOTY and then buy it on a sale you can get it then for 20,- with all DLC :p.

Sniper Elite never played it.

Since Bioshock Infinite is likely to be on Plus soon, I'm going with Saints Row IV. It was free this weekend so I played the first mission at probably 1 FPS on my outdated laptop. I don't care about DLC.

I have looked through the Steam library and have a list of games to get. Unfortunately my purchase has been delayed into February. Once I get it though, I think I'll get any multiplatform games on the PC and leave the PS3 & Vita for exclusives and Plus games.

I'm just going to edit the OP so people aren't unnecessarily replying to my tidbit. You can ask for or recommend games here.

Edited by ShadowAFC

Since Bioshock Infinite is likely to be on Plus soon, I'm going with Saints Row IV. It was free this weekend so I played the first mission at probably 1 FPS on my outdated laptop. I don't care about DLC.

I have looked through the Steam library and have a list of games to get. Unfortunately my purchase has been delayed into February. Once I get it though, I think I'll get any multiplatform games on the PC and leave the PS3 & Vita for exclusives and Plus games.

I'm just going to edit the OP so people aren't unnecessarily replying to my tidbit. You can ask for or recommend games here.

If i was you i would wait a bit on getting SRIV. It must likely to be on summer Sales on very low price.

Reckon you'll get Infinite in the future or not as it has now been announced to being free on :psn+:

I will probably just play the PS3 version now. Unless there's a good sale for it.

Dark Souls or Tomb Raider :)

I will be getting Dark Souls II for sure ;) I heard the port of the first game wasn't very good though.

So we're going to lose you as part of the trophy hunting community, Shadow?

Steam Achievements are no substitute.

I will be getting Dark Souls II for sure ;) I heard the port of the first game wasn't very good though.

That's ... politely said. The port was so abysmal it fell through the universe and came back to earth after breaking the space-time continuum.

Oh, well. Point was:

You might not buy blindly into PC games in the future as some tend to have very restrictive DRM on top of Steam. Limited Activations, registration with the publisher, always online restrictions ... or in case of Dark Souls a something like GfWL which feeds of game saves and takes eternity to update just you find out it won't run your game properly anymore.

Need I say more? XD

I'd like an explanation for why you call it a "game". :rolleyes:

So we're going to lose you as part of the trophy hunting community, Shadow?

Steam Achievements are no substitute.

I'm not into trophies so much anymore so that doesn't really bother me.

That's ... politely said. The port was so abysmal it fell through the universe and came back to earth after breaking the space-time continuum.

Oh, well. Point was:

You might not buy blindly into PC games in the future as some tend to have very restrictive DRM on top of Steam. Limited Activations, registration with the publisher, always online restrictions ... or in case of Dark Souls a something like GfWL which feeds of game saves and takes eternity to update just you find out it won't run your game properly anymore.

I know a good number of steam games have third party DRM as well. I'm actually using a plugin that states that info on the game page which is nice. Always online sucks, I know EA received a lot of flack for SimCity. Too polite? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favorite game on the PC is the mass effect series, i've played them like 10 times by now, allways starting with the first, then second and ending it with the third, Shepard rocks!

Back in my younger years i played the shit out FFVIII, I still have the original game.