XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
cnm313
 
cnm313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,152

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default Counter Strike: Source

I know I posted a thread before about Counter Strike, but it was for 1.6 and CZ. Does anyone on here play CS:S? I'm probably going to buy it tomorrow or Sunday and was just wondering if anyone did. Perhaps we could start a clan and play some matches. I can easily get a server for us.
__________________
cnm313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:45 AM   #2
Cornagandarub
 
Cornagandarub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,151

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Default

I've always wanted it, as of now I only have Counter Strike 1.6 for the occasional LAN party with friends. I'll probably get it once it goes on sale again, and perhaps then I'll see you online. As of now I don't have the $20 to spend.
__________________
Cornagandarub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
cnm313
 
cnm313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,152

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornagandarub View Post
I've always wanted it, as of now I only have Counter Strike 1.6 for the occasional LAN party with friends. I'll probably get it once it goes on sale again, and perhaps then I'll see you online. As of now I don't have the $20 to spend.
I have 1.6 as well, but it just seems like it has really died off. I wish CS use to be as popular as it was back a few years ago when CAL and CPL were still around I didn't know CS:S went on sale, how often does it happen? I may just wait if it's not too long lol.
__________________
cnm313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
Cornagandarub
 
Cornagandarub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,151

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Default

Well Steam usually has weekly sales where various game prices get cut in half (Borderlands and Bioshock were the most recent), but usually the Holiday sale around Christmas is a guarantee that it will drop in price. I believe CS:S went on sale for 5$ last year, but I bought a lot of other stuff instead and didn't end up buying it.
__________________
Cornagandarub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:49 AM   #5
cnm313
 
cnm313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,152

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornagandarub View Post
Well Steam usually has weekly sales where various game prices get cut in half (Borderlands and Bioshock were the most recent), but usually the Holiday sale around Christmas is a guarantee that it will drop in price. I believe CS:S went on sale for 5$ last year, but I bought a lot of other stuff instead and didn't end up buying it.
$5! That's cheap! Christmas is so far away though, lol.
__________________
cnm313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #6
Cornagandarub
 
Cornagandarub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,151

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm313 View Post
$5! That's cheap! Christmas is so far away though, lol.
To give you an example, today I caved and bought the GTA Classic Collection that was on sale. GTA, GTA 2, GTA III, San Andreas, and Vice City were included in this pack, and I got it for a grand total of $7.50. That's why I'm saying, better wait for a sale, it's usually worth it.
__________________
Cornagandarub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:13 AM   #7
cnm313
 
cnm313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,152

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornagandarub View Post
To give you an example, today I caved and bought the GTA Classic Collection that was on sale. GTA, GTA 2, GTA III, San Andreas, and Vice City were included in this pack, and I got it for a grand total of $7.50. That's why I'm saying, better wait for a sale, it's usually worth it.
Wow, that's an awesome deal. I'll probably just wait then. My first account still has 1.6 and CZ, but not many people play them anymore.
__________________
cnm313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:20 AM.