XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 12-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
NTKrist

Default Can we affect police resistance?

I've been playing around with this game a bit, toughening up for the higher difficulties and learning the maps.
A thing I've noticed by playing some of the Heists repeatedly on Hard is that in one run I get overwhelmed by police / SWAT and barely manage to stay alive, while in other runs I barely see any of them.

So I tried doing the Bank heist taking out every camera, not killing any civilians, not taking hostages apart from the bank manager I tied down for the key and only firing at cops when absolutely neccesary, killed the C4 placing SWAT on window, erased the security cams on the laptop

Then I did a run where I did the opposite, didn't touch the cams, killed 2 civilians, killed the bank manager for the key, let the SWAT blow the window and sprayed down all police in sight between assault waves.

There was a huge difference in the police presence in those 2 runs. I've always felt there was a slight difference, but here I also noticed that during Assault, there were almost no Tasers, Smokers or Bulldozers in the first run but the second run was filled with them.

I did the same tactic during assaults in both runs, firing as little as possible as that shortens the assaults, so that shouldn't have made the difference.

So my theory is: the more extra objectives you do & keeping collateral damage at minimum decreases police/SWAT resistance.

Don't know if I'm onto something here, but gonna try it in other maps tonight
Anyone else experienced something similar?
Or are there other ways to affect the ammount of police, duration of Assaults, ammount of Special Units deployed etc.?
Games started on 1st profile & finished on the 2nd have the trophies split between them as I cannot re-earn any trophies as it's still the same account

NTKrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
Schmidt

I think it is random. But today on Diamond heist, I only had 3 bulldozers (after we disabled all the boxes without anyone noticing). We completed the game in 10 min with hardly any resistance.

The second round we got discoverd within seconds and when we finally had the vault codes there were tazers everywhere + lots of swat. I think the more careful you play the less police you get (+ofcourse camera's) if the system is not random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heat6jones View Post
I've never kissed a girl but I have a lot of platinum trophies so suck on that.
Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
Lintarius

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTKrist View Post
I've been playing around with this game a bit, toughening up for the higher difficulties and learning the maps.
A thing I've noticed by playing some of the Heists repeatedly on Hard is that in one run I get overwhelmed by police / SWAT and barely manage to stay alive, while in other runs I barely see any of them.

So I tried doing the Bank heist taking out every camera, not killing any civilians, not taking hostages apart from the bank manager I tied down for the key and only firing at cops when absolutely neccesary, killed the C4 placing SWAT on window, erased the security cams on the laptop

Then I did a run where I did the opposite, didn't touch the cams, killed 2 civilians, killed the bank manager for the key, let the SWAT blow the window and sprayed down all police in sight between assault waves.

There was a huge difference in the police presence in those 2 runs. I've always felt there was a slight difference, but here I also noticed that during Assault, there were almost no Tasers, Smokers or Bulldozers in the first run but the second run was filled with them.

I did the same tactic during assaults in both runs, firing as little as possible as that shortens the assaults, so that shouldn't have made the difference.

So my theory is: the more extra objectives you do & keeping collateral damage at minimum decreases police/SWAT resistance.

Don't know if I'm onto something here, but gonna try it in other maps tonight
Anyone else experienced something similar?
Or are there other ways to affect the ammount of police, duration of Assaults, ammount of Special Units deployed etc.?
I don't know if killing civilians has any effect, but taking out the cameras does. If you take out all of the cameras the cops will be more spread out so you don't have to worry about swarms shooting at you. Also if you take out the cameras in the area of the vault with the four elevators (I don't know about the four in the very back) only two elevators will open and have enemies spawn.

The presence of shields, tasers and bulldozers I think are totally random. In the bank when I play with a friend, he will usually stay with the drill as I take out the cameras. Every time there is a different frequency of specials (sometimes early pair of tasers, sometimes up to 5 shields, or even 3 bulldozers). I think that is all random.