Don't need no hints glitched?

apici

Not sure. Just did it myself and it unlocked just fine. There's one glitch I've read that if you select Chapter Select it can reset your progress on that. So if you ever stop playing, you have to hit Continue when you resume or it can glitch out. I'd say give it another go, since it's such a short game.

thanks the both of you!!

Didnt pop for me either however I do know what caused it.

I accidently went back to the main screen but i didnt do the frog trophy yet so I thought what the freck lets do that before i move on with the game.

But because I used the up and down to spawn the frogs and kill them with X, without thinking, I accidentally hit New Game which resets you continue game.

As mentioned before by others using chapter select doesnt work so I have to get it in my second playthrough whilst getting the hats.

it also glitched for me, but i was planning to replay it again for the hats.

EDIT: i found out that it was not glitched as i used chapter select in my 1st playthrough. so if you use chapter select during the playthrough it will void the trophy

Edited by Dark Poetry

It glitched on me too. However, I went to chapter select (although I didn't choose any chapter to start playing) several times to get the 21 frogs trophy. So, just to be sure, don't even highlight Chapter Select, leave the frog trophy for after finishing the game.

I think it might come down to touching anything but continue game again - after going back to it I got the frog splat trophy and I selected view credits at that point when I hit X, and I've just finished the game there without getting the no hints trophy. Another playthrough in order then, I guess.

• 10 months later...

The first time I played through this game I screwed up going for The Architect and used Chapter Select forgetting it would void the no hints trophy. No big deal I thought, I need to play the game again in order to get the Mad Hatter trophy so I'll get the Don't Need No Hints trophy then as well. Partway through my second playthrough I looked at my trophy list and I got the hints one already. Even with using Chapter Select in my first playthrough it still counted.

So using Chapter Select isn't an immediate and automatic disqualifier for the Don't Need No Hints trophy? Or did I just get super lucky? Or, since I've passed the spot I previously used Chapter Select on, do you simply have to play all chapters without using Chapter Select? I never saw the trophy pop so I have no idea when it happened, at the end of the game or during the second playthrough when I passed the previous spot.

Just thought I'd put this out there for anybody that screws up and uses Chapter Select, it may be okay. Or it may not. Be nice if the developers would chime in and clear it up.