Anyone else confused with the Story?

Ps3userAbuser

• 5 months later...

I think a lot of it was symbolic. There wasn't a reason why his father drank. He just did and was abusive as a result. I think the bit at the very end wasn't about his father dying so much as it was about Quico letting go of the "demons" that were still affecting him (causing him to retreat into an imaginary world) as a result of growing up with an abusive father. It's supposedly semi-autobiographical, based on the experiences of the lead developer.

I agree, great game for 99 cents (what I paid). And certainly worth trying now that it's free -- and not just for the easy 100%.

Edited by Satnamji

It's simply about a person learning to let go and move on.

The father may have died. Seems implied, but I don't think that's core to the outcome.

I too thought the girl represents his sister/siblings.

Game was OK. The final sequence is by far the best part and really the only part that packed any emotional punch. The rest felt a bit childish and clichéd for my liking.

The story didn't bother me, only the sequence where the robot lies on the stone altar and the girl folds her hands in a praying gesture. That was a tad too religious for my taste, but then again, it's a kiddo that grew up in a southern american or central american setting. And these guys traditionally live in a very religious surrounding, so it actually makes sense that religion is part of the boy's fantasy.

By the end of the game I also thought the girl was the victim of the father's car accident. And she's kind of a ghost, or spirit, or whatever... I might be wrong, but I don't remember his mum ever being mentioned. Where is she? Did she die? Maybe she was the person being hit by the car.

I also figured he had to let go of his ghosts, the ones that are haunting him, and just go on with his life. Easier said than done.. if he lives under the same roof as his dad, he's kinda dependent on him (food and shelter etc.), so he has to cope with that situation. But is retreating into a game world really the answer? :eek: Did that myself when I was a kid whenever I had trouble at school. Never had trouble with my folks though...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The father killed the girl in a car accident. This was either the result or the cause of his alcoholism, which is a bit unclear. Regardless, it seems that the car accident at the very least escalated his father's alcoholism and Quico was the victim of an abusive, drunk father (the monster after eating the frogs). The ending is about confronting your demons to escape them, rather than just running and hiding from them.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...