General Trophy Discussion

olsen77

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only been playing for a few minutes, but so far I've figured out two of the trophies:

The Architect

In the first puzzle that involves lifting cardboard boxes that correspond to full-size houses in order to create a bridge, place three boxes corner to corner on top of the row of chalk squares rather than side to side. You should have a pattern that looks like a row of three diamonds, end to end. Then just jump from roof to roof. Easy as pie.

White Frog Massacre

On the main menu, rapidly move the left stick up and down, scrolling between the options presented (Start New Game, Select Checkpoint, Continue Game, Credits). Each time you move to a new option a frog begins to jump across the screen. Do it fast enough and the screen will fill with frogs. Press X on any option and all the frogs currently on the screen will splat. Just flick the stick up and down a bunch, jam on X, and say a little prayer that there were enough frogs onscreen. You'll get it eventually, I believe in you.

Only been playing for a few minutes, but so far I've figured out two of the trophies:

The Architect

In the first puzzle that involves lifting cardboard boxes that correspond to full-size houses in order to create a bridge, place three boxes corner to corner on top of the row of chalk squares rather than side to side. You should have a pattern that looks like a row of three diamonds, end to end. Then just jump from roof to roof. Easy as pie.

White Frog Massacre

On the main menu, rapidly move the left stick up and down, scrolling between the options presented (Start New Game, Select Checkpoint, Continue Game, Credits). Each time you move to a new option a frog begins to jump across the screen. Do it fast enough and the screen will fill with frogs. Press X on any option and all the frogs currently on the screen will splat. Just flick the stick up and down a bunch, jam on X, and say a little prayer that there were enough frogs onscreen. You'll get it eventually, I believe in you.

Good tips, thanks.

While watching the GiantBomb quicklook yesterday, they got Lula Power

(Double-jump with Lula to cross the first large gap) and Calm After the Storm (Give Monster a rotten fruit) without trying, almost kinda story-related I guess?

I'm guessing all we really need in a guide is hat locations. And to tell people to not use hints.

After you beat the game, is there any chapter select or anything to clean up hats or whatever?

Haven't started just yet, but I found this:

At the end of the credits, the game reveals that the dolls you can find in the environments are now all wearing goofy hats; if you start a new game, you can find the dolls and collect their hats for Quico to wear.

Papo & Yo Review @ Comics Bulletin

This sounds like you need two playthroughs since you can't collect hats until you beat it.

Haven't started just yet, but I found this:

Papo & Yo Review @ Comics Bulletin

This sounds like you need two playthroughs since you can't collect hats until you beat it.

OK cool. Saw those dolls throughout and thought they had to be the collectible or something. All other trophies on first playthrough was easy. Ignore the hint boxes, everything is really easy to figure out.

OK cool. Saw those dolls throughout and thought they had to be the collectible or something. All other trophies on first playthrough was easy. Ignore the hint boxes, everything is really easy to figure out.

Yeah I just played through a little bit and they are easy enough without hints.

Forgot about the house bridge trophy though. Did it the "correct way" before realizing that was the spot that had to be done with 3. But it hadn't saved, so I rebooted game and back to right before, did it with 3 houses, and STILL didn't get the trophy :confused: Hopefully a chapter select or something can put me there after I play through it to try again.

yeah, there is a chapter select. I've finished the game twice now, since the first time I had accidentally opened a tip box (it didn't have a question mark on it, and I was confused :mad:). Anyway, I ended up with 18 hats after the second play through, and I can't be bothered to run through it again for the 3rd time on launch day. I'll probably just wait for someone else to do a guide so I can find the remaining 7 without searching for myself, but for those interested, it looks like there is one hat-doll per level, with a few exceptions where there are none.

As for the Architect trophy, you can't even TOUCH more than 3 boxes, otherwise it counts as using them. Only ever touch/move 3 boxes into a diagonal, and it will pop. (you can use chapter select for that)

Edited by Jakintosh

I think it's a little strange to make reading the help boxes a trophy killer...

I didn't realize that until just now. I guess I should abandon this game and start over.

I haven't seen a single hat. Has anyone?

Also, does anyone happen to know how long the story takes on average to complete?

The game is pretty interesting.

It reminds me a bit of Ico with a dash of Ratchet & Clank (at least the robot on the back for jets anyway).

I'm not sure I'd pay $15 for it had I played the demo first, but at least the dev seems genuine to me.

Yeah I just played through a little bit and they are easy enough without hints.

Forgot about the house bridge trophy though. Did it the "correct way" before realizing that was the spot that had to be done with 3. But it hadn't saved, so I rebooted game and back to right before, did it with 3 houses, and STILL didn't get the trophy :confused: Hopefully a chapter select or something can put me there after I play through it to try again.

There is a chapter select right from the main menu.

"Select Checkpoint" Then you will see:

"Act I - Discovery"

"Act II - "Protection"

Etc...

And those chapters will have checkpoints under them I.e.

"Act I - Discovery"

- a strange new world

- bridging the gap

- wind-up housing

-rise to the ocassion

And so on....

yeah, there is a chapter select. I've finished the game twice now, since the first time I had accidentally opened a tip box (it didn't have a question mark on it, and I was confused :mad:). Anyway, I ended up with 18 hats after the second play through, and I can't be bothered to run through it again for the 3rd time on launch day. I'll probably just wait for someone else to do a guide so I can find the remaining 7 without searching for myself, but for those interested, it looks like there is one hat-doll per level, with a few exceptions where there are none.

As for the Architect trophy, you can't even TOUCH more than 3 boxes, otherwise it counts as using them. Only ever touch/move 3 boxes into a diagonal, and it will pop. (you can use chapter select for that)

It's kinda a cheesy way to get people to replay the game not unlocking hats until after first playthrough. I'm waiting for hat location guide because don't want to play this a third time ever :) Game was ok, just no point to the game though really.

I think it's a little strange to make reading the help boxes a trophy killer...

I didn't realize that until just now. I guess I should abandon this game and start over.

I haven't seen a single hat. Has anyone?

Also, does anyone happen to know how long the story takes on average to complete?

The game is pretty interesting.

It reminds me a bit of Ico with a dash of Ratchet & Clank (at least the robot on the back for jets anyway).

I'm not sure I'd pay $15 for it had I played the demo first, but at least the dev seems genuine to me.

Hats unlocked after 1st play through. They are on those lil cloth dolls you see laying around in 2nd playthrough and later.

First playthrough was right about 2 hours for me

I fell in the water twice in that spot and got no such hat, unless it's buried in the menus andi don't know it.

You'd know it if you got it. It puts a big fish on your head automatically. I placed the houses for the architect trophy and promptly fell between the first house and the platform you jump from and got it.