Hardest PSN game ever?

Hiafolks

now, i know i havnt played alot of PSN games, but i have spent I-dont-know-how-many-hours on this game, and i havnt gotten a single trophy! I have watched videos, even check out the guide for it(on this site) and still, i find it veryy hard, and very annoying. although it is somewhat amusing, i think it is quite possibly one of the hardest PSN games to get trophies!!:think:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now, i know i havnt played alot of PSN games, but i have spent I-dont-know-how-many-hours on this game, and i havnt gotten a single trophy! I have watched videos, even check out the guide for it(on this site) and still, i find it veryy hard, and very annoying. although it is somewhat amusing, i think it is quite possibly one of the hardest PSN games to get trophies!!:think:

It's definitely one of the harder ones, but I would say Burn Zombie Burn or Trash Panic are harder, at least trophy-wise.

• 2 weeks later...
There's not really that much luck in this game... keep practicing and you'll find it comes down to skill more than anything.

Yeah, I thought the game was luck-based when I first played it. But over a period of time, I realised it's very much skill-based.

When I started playing, I was getting scores of about 10,000 in Downtown - and I thought OMG it's going to take forever to get 100,000,000 Downtown (or whatever it is, I forget). But after a while, I was learning to string together very long combos (easily over 30×), and I've managed almost 5 million points in one good run.

Problem is, I have too many games now - so it's hard to invest time in something like Pain until I get the other games out the way (ideally I need to get my Plats on Band Hero, Pure, Ice Age 3, Wrestlemania, wipEout before I go back to Pain).

Games like this should be illegal,, they are so frustrating. Espeacilly the trophies, for instance-

Swinger (in-game trophie) took me 3 days to get with constant gameplay over that period (1-2 hours a day :p). I swear i had high blood presure after that epiriense :dance: ha but it is a great game and I'm still playing it. So yeah, annoying but fun

:think:

When I started playing, I was getting scores of about 10,000 in Downtown - and I thought OMG it's going to take forever to get 100,000,000 Downtown (or whatever it is, I forget).

I got that on my 4th day of playing i was suprised that was the second trophie i got :D i was only hitting around about 90-80,000 a time =/

They should make it so that you can unlock them trough the game :think:

Nah, it's DLC just like any other game... PAIN is just unique because it has A LOT of DLC. But I think it's still well worth the money compared to a normal retail game. You can get all the DLC and a handful of characters for less than $60.

Swinger (in-game trophie) took me 3 days to get with constant gameplay over that period (1-2 hours a day :p). I swear i had high blood presure after that epiriense :dance: ha but it is a great game and I'm still playing it.

But it was such a sweet feeling when that trophy popped up after all that hard work, wasn't it? :)

Edited by Vyrastas

Pain is available as a retail game, has been for a few months now. I picked mine up brand new for £10 (about US$16?). It has several areas (downtown, abusement park, sports gym, paramount studios, alien centre), 20+ characters to choose from (only Buzz and the Hoff are greyed out, but you earn Buzz through the game, and you buy the Hoff).

I think if I invested more time in the game, I'd get it above the 17% or whatever it is I'm currently at. The one I'll try for next is probably Harder Dick's Balls, only cos the trophy name is so cool (in a juvenile kind of way).

I think if I invested more time in the game, I'd get it above the 17% or whatever it is I'm currently at. The one I'll try for next is probably Harder Dick's Balls, only cos the trophy name is so cool (in a juvenile kind of way).

That was a fun trophy, it was my first difficult PAIN trophy. Once I got it I realized that I was getting good at the game and started working on the rest of them.

Nah, it's DLC just like any other game... PAIN is just unique because it has A LOT of DLC. But I think it's still well worth the money compared to a normal retail game. You can get all the DLC and a handful of characters for less than $60.

But it was such a sweet feeling when that trophy popped up after all that hard work, wasn't it? :)

Sapose :p I love it when the little ill horn goes daradataraaa :applause:

• 1 month later...

I agree that PAIN is challenging, hard, difficult, or whatever you want to say. The trophies aren't exactly easy, but I think it is definitely a game where the trophies separate "the men from the boys." King of PAIN is by far the hardest trophy I have gotten.....for any game. However, I do also agree that Zen Pinball is a harder game to get a high percentage of trophies in (for different reasons, but overall it is harder to obtain most trophies in Zen Pinball when compared to the few REALLY hard trophies in PAIN). In ZP you basically have to beat the whole table in one game to get a trophy (and you have to do this for 6 tables), plus most of the other trophies aren't that easy either. At least some PAIN trophies don't require much work, skill, or practice.

• 3 weeks later...