PAIN going free-to-play on PlayStation 3 (EDIT: Cancelled)

vava

PAIN going free-to-play on PlayStation 3 - Gematsu

Sony and Argentina-based developer QB9 are “reinventing” Pain, first launched on PlayStation 3 via PlayStation Network in 2007, as a free-to-play title, Sony announced at its Brazil Game Show today.

The physics-based game’s original mechanics will remain in tact, Sony said on stage.

A launch date was not announced.

Nice Sony nice!

• 5 months later...

The only "crippling" bug in PAIN is the EU Abusement Park that only works if you use a Move Controller...it fails to load if you don't have a Move Controller plugged in...they patched the US version so it is easily fixed...

I posted a load of little bugs on the PAIN Community blog and got a reply back that Idol Minds were going to patch it but that failed to appear and it appears it is the end of Idol Minds.

I emailed QB9 about PAIN free to play but got no answer as of yet...according to the news all modes, DLC, characters etc will be in this rerelease...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah I haven't seen anything about participating either. I'd totally do it. Will be curious to see if they create a new trophy list for this... if so, I'm all over it.

I have a mate who is a PS Beta Tester and he has played it...he says they have fixed most bugs and it is just a remake and exactly like he original...he says there is a trophy list too....

Oochmasters might be back for it? Reunion style!

I also have some emails from the VP of Idol Minds who have revamped their website and looks like they are back from collaspe...

He says they are working on the mobile market now but he wants to being a PAIN like game to the mobiles.

I asked him why it says PAIN is a PS3/PS4 title but he never answered thus not sure if the PS4 part is wrong or he is keeping quiet.

PAIN on the PS4 as well as a remake on the PS3? That's me lost a year to PAIN once again if that occurs!

Edited by homerjnick
Added Info