Chimney Sweep... My Video

Krazy_TEB

This is the video of how I got 'Chimney Sweep' trophy.

Thanks to Vyrastas & skippycue who helped with their tips and videos.

Camera angle is not altered... it is as I saw it doing my run... I got lucky twice... first while landing on the stairs my guy almost fell off but I used my last remaining ooch, at the time, to push him back on the stairs and also at the end I couldn't see last chimney and I used extra ooch to go back right (there was no need for that since he was going right where he needed)... luckily he hit side of the middle chimney and bounced off in the lower one. I also ooched inside the chimneys thus making all launches very low.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbmGtylOxKo]YouTube - Chimney Sweep, in game trophy for PS3 game 'Pain'[/ame]

Edited by Krazy_TEB

Very nice! And you didn't even have to deal with getting blasted into the sky. :)

No... I didn't. :D

I am not sure if that is due to ooching once my guy was falling in the chimney or because of the camera angle.

Edited by Krazy_TEB

• 1 month later...
Can somebody please post the Tips from Vyrastas & skippycue in here?

What I can do if I bounce off the chimney in the higher one?

thx

With skippycue's permission, these are his...

"I won't repeat how to get in the first chimney since that's been well established, but what IS important is what you do after you get in the first chimney. You need to pay attention to which way the camera is facing because when you get launched out the camera will rotate directly up. Imagine you're eyes are the camera and as soon as you get launched you turn your head straight up. This is important because you have to ooch your way to the next chimney and to do that you need to know what perspective the camera is looking from. It's important to pay attention to the camera rotation. If it starts rotating to the right, you want to do a quick ooch to the left and vice versa. This doesn't work for forward and backward, but that's a little easier to judge anyway. Your goal is to try to make sure you fall almost directly back on the camera source. When I say almost, it's because you have to ooch in some direction slightly to hit the next chimney.

I know a lot of people have been getting very frustrated with this trophy since there is some luck involved. I must say that I was a bit frustrated as well and I'm glad I finally did it. I want to point out though that with practice I was able to get quite close to the chimneys by manipulating my character using the camera even though it seems useless at first. The best strategy is to try to ooch opposite the camera movement so that your character doesn't end up way off course. I'm happy to help, so feel free to ask questions if you'd like."

Here are mine, basically the same as skippycue's, as I used his tips to get it myself:

"My basic method was to get to the stairs and break the boards as I fell into the first chimney. Half the time the boards would cover the chimney and would slow my launch enough to where I could easily ooch into a second, which is what basically happened here. Then I was shot way up into the air from the second chimney. Others have mentioned this, but the camera just looks straight up when you are launched, so if you remember exactly where it was pointed, all you need to do is make sure your character stays roughly in the middle of the screen. If the camera turns left or right, ooch the opposite direction. If you time it right, your character should fall right back down to where you started. I had fallen down right next to the third chimney a dozen times before finally falling in."

Here are our videos, but there are a lot of others out there as well:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqbFSewYEjc]YouTube - PS3 Pain Chimney Sweep Trophy[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSk2PhtvMOs]YouTube - PAIN Chimney Sweep in-game trophy[/ame]

Not sure what you mean by "bounce off the chimney in the higher one".

Edited by Vyrastas

Thank you a lot! :)

Does it matter in which Level or from which Catapult I do this?

Yes... it HAS to be done in Demolition mode in order to get in game trophy for it... if you do it in any other downtown mode it will NOT count.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...