Trophies in offline multiplayer?

DJ1s

I have some questions (I haven't played the game, so I don't know how it is set up)...

Can you get the 5 multiplayer trophies in offline multiplayer?

If it has to be online (and I assume it does, because I haven't seen anything in the forums about offline multiplayer trophies), How is the network? I have read several things about people not connecting or other issues, making me wonder if this is one of those games that has online only trophies that make platinum hard to get because no one is playing? Or is it because the servers are screwed up?

I'm thinking about getting this game, and I'm wondering if I should get/rent it now (so I can be sure to get the online trophies), or should I wait, or should I skip it altogether?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

it's been quite a while since I platinumed this...

but as far as I remember, you can't get multiplayer trophies in offline play. I'm sure if offline multiplayer works, there won't be a boosting thread... and there'll be something written about it in the guide.

and it looks like there are still people playing this game, or at least wanting the online trophies. checkout the boosting thread, there are some very recent posts there.

edit: I don't remember there being any server issues when I boosted this, that was about 6months ago? but you may want to try find a boosting partner from the same region - that generally helps with the speed, as well as "random" matching ;)

Edited by CatNZ