Servers closed warning

kraven_15

Yeah, i never could get this platinum because i just got online once.

Every other tries were failure... Nice to see companies selling games with features that suck. Besides, i don't even see the point in the online in this game.. but thats just me who hates online trophies

Edited by Semifreak de Bolacha

When in doubt, do what I did - ask Codemasters. They confirmed that the game is no longer playable online. I specifically asked about the PS3 version of the game. The reason I did that is because when Codemasters closed the servers for the first Overlord around the release of Overlord 2, that affected PS3 and PC but didn't affect XBL. Microsoft hosts the online for pretty much all games on XBL other than games from EA (hosting the games themselves is one of the reasons Microsoft charge gamers for XBL Gold), so they don't use the servers from Codemasters. The same should hold true for Overlord 2. So if you see someone claim they can still play Overlord 2 online, make sure they aren't an Xbox gamer.

Not only is this not the first server closure from Codemasters, this isn't even the first unannounced server closure from Codemasters. They shut down the GRID servers last year with no warning. And they ended Dirtnet support for Dirt 2 about the same time they closed the Overlord 2 servers, also with no warning.

Yeah, i never could get this platinum because i just got online once.

Every other tries were failure... Nice to see companies selling games with features that suck. Besides, i don't even see the point in the online in this game.. but thats just me who hates online trophies

You can't see the point in the online in this game because THERE IS NO POINT!!!

As for other games, however...

This is one of the reasons for my hatred for online trophies :mad:

Rally-HO:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
No, you cant go online by any means

This^

Once the servers close for a console game, they stay that way and there's nothing you can do about it :(.

Always worth a shot in the dark I s'pose. lol.

Do they specifically have to be online or can you just do it in split screen? Just like connect two controllers and then just use one of them to hit the criteria. I can see the obvious reasons as to why they WOULDN'T allow this in game though =/

I mean, the trophies don;t specify it HAS to be online.

Not to be bothersome, but are the servers actually offline, or are people still able to rarely connect on the game? The online trophies are a few of the last ones I need. It'd be nice to be able to get them. If anyone's willing to try, feel free to add me, my gamer tag is the same as my username.

Edited by Ifrit1321

• 3 months later...

Well this stinks. Just started playing it. And to think I was gonna play this last year I would've gotten the plat. Oh, well since I already installed it I'll just grab what I can. I'm not gonna stress myself over this, if it's out of my hands there's nothing I can do. I already gave up on a couple of plats b/c of lack of skill or it's too time consuming like GH: Smash Hits and Resistance 2. But this way it's not my fault (could've played it sooner, but whatever).