Platinum Difficulty Rating

olsen77

Rate the trophy difficulty.  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

NOTE: Due to the server closure, the platinum for this game is no longer attainable

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.51

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the platinum last night. Voted a 6 for a sole reason:

I had to play through it 4 times because the game didn't feel like giving me neither Domination nor Destruction 100% the first time (yes, I did everything right).

Well, 4th time is the charm, by now I know all the collectibles locations by heart and breezed through it in 5 hours, losing only 8 minions.

If it wasn't for those 2 trophies it would be a 3-4 for me.

Edited by Desynchronizer

• 2 weeks later...
I started the game and from reading the guide I seems like this is going to be tough.... I didn't vote yet because I haven't played it enough yet.

Actually its pretty doable. Only 2 playthroughs needed, and those 'differ' a bit due to the Domination / Destruction system. The game itself isn't too hard. The only thing that can mess it up is if you either mix up Domination with Destruction tactics ( so use the guide ! ) or if you forget that 1 lousy missable Dark Crystal near the end of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 7.

First off, there is never anyone online and you need to find someone regional to do your online trophies, which is sometimes easier said than done.

Second, this game took me 4 annoying playthroughs. The trophies are pretty simple, except imo the 100% destro/domination ones. It is more than just making all the right decisions. For example, you cannot destroy any houses at all on your domination run, which I did not know. On any run, you cannot go back to the Empire Heartlands and make the scene start again, which I again did not know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Voted 5. Nothing is too difficult. The game is quite fun and really easy once you get the hang of minion management. Solely voted 5 because some trophies are a real grind and if you accidently miss on 100% domination or destruction you're screwed.

Like you can't destroy Houses when doing domination as it counts against it. But NOWHERE does it warn you that you should not do that. What's up with that?

• 4 weeks later...

Platinumed in a solid week... a 5 sounds about right. As long as you follow the guide getting the trophies themselves is like a 3. However just playing through the game sometimes is downright frustrating with the mazelike maps and crazy spaced out auto saves that make you furious when annoying enemies circle around you for a very cheap death and -20 minutes... stuff like that makes this game feel like a 7 sometimes...

I am putting a 7. Just finished my destruction run and I am now going for the domination run. I would say 5 or 6, but I am sticking with a 7 only due to the save system. Sometimes the auto-saves can literally be 25-30 minutes out and it really gets annoying ( AMEN CHOWDER).

I was lucky so far to not get glitched, but I have a few friends that have glitched out certain trophies making them impossible.

Its a great game though and I recommend to play it. I am having lots of fun and can't wait to start domination :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got the platinum last night. Voted a 6 for a sole reason:

I had to play through it 4 times because the game didn't feel like giving me neither Domination nor Destruction 100% the first time (yes, I did everything right).

Well, 4th time is the charm, by now I know all the collectibles locations by heart and breezed through it in 5 hours, losing only 8 minions.

If it wasn't for those 2 trophies it would be a 3-4 for me.

I got screwed out of my 100% domination, so had to play the game 3 times. I vote a 5 this game is not hard just time consuming.

Time consuming and difficulty are completely different, it can be difficult to motivate yourself to play for long a period of time but that does not make the game difficult. Overlord 2 is very far from a 10, its not even that time consuming. After your first playthrough you can run through the game in 6-7 hours to gain either of the karma choice trophies and roughly the first playthrough should take you 15+ hours add on another 2-3 hours for online trophies and you should get the platinum at roughly 23 hours.