Rate the Trophy Difficulty  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Trophy Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_gold_6.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.16

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

I'm giving it a 3/10.

You get five out of eight trophies by simply playing through the story. Two are for collectibles and they are relatively easy to find.

Only hard trophy is beating insane difficulty. But it's not that bad because the game only takes 1 hour to beat. Besides, there aren't many enemy encounters and everything is scripted. It's really just a matter of learning the enemy behaviors and finding the best way around them. Not too much skill required, just some strong nerves :p

I give it a 5. It's easy apart from insane which is mainly only difficult because it can get pretty nerve-racking further in when 1 hit means you go back to the start. I actually died on that stupid jump right at the end...

That happened to me too there, but thankfully not on my insane run. I did die on the jump during the chase sequence at the beginning of the Male Ward at the jump on insane. That's why you see me staring at the ground in the video so I can see the edge; I didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

I think the game is a 4. There's only a handful of spots you should worry about on insane, and with enough practice, anyone can eventually do it. The last difficult chapter is the Female Ward. Everything after that is fairly easy if you know the path and don't let go of the run button at the very end.

Edited by PS4Trophies Wozamil

I think a 4/10 is about right.

It's an extremely short game and not very difficult considering nearly everything is scripted. I encountered a few glitches in the A.I. which set me back a couple times on Insane Mode, but all in all it wasn't too hard and it just took a little memorization of the trickier areas.

Edited by Axeshun

I had to go with a 6. The game in of itself is easy enough but insane mode pushed me into frustration. Nothing worse than getting 45-60 mins in and then you die. Whether it was your fault or the game messed up and you get killed by a glitch or by getting stuck, it doesn't matter, it pisses you off. But it makes the last half hour of the game a serious rush.

Gotta thank Harry for the exploit, it helped out of a bullshit moment where Walker knew exactly where I was the second I dropped into the courtyard. Had I died there my first PS4 controller would have been broken.

I gave it a 6/10 too for pretty much the same reasons as M-Easy. When you die on insane near the end of the game, it's enough to make you want to throw your controller across the room. Insane mode was a good idea in theory, but the game really lacks any replay value and your motivation to even go through a second time, much less a third, fourth, or fifth time after dying midway through your insane run is pretty much gone after your first playthrough and you just want to be finished with it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but by the time you finish it you'll never want to see it again.

I gave it a 6. All of the trophies except the insane mode are pretty easy if you're not turned off by the horror aspect of the game. Insane becomes pretty trivial when you know your way around and after you watch a good guide (like the one in the road map thread). I'd say it takes a tiny bit of luck, but there's usually a quick, surefire way past each encounter

Gave it a 3, i didn't bother practising any of it and thought i just follow a video guide and hope for the best. Even without a video guide it would still be a 3 because even though the insane run is the hardest part for 100% you can practice difficult bits through hardcore mode as it is exactly the same just with checkpoints and the ability to save.

I gave it a 6. 10 for being scary. I hate the horror genre. I'm a wimp. I think i did 20+ playthroughs on insane to finally beat it. My second to last attempt I missed the last jump. Oh that was devastating knowing that I was minutes away from beating the game. This game was so scary and frustrating that I think I need to be admitted to the mount massive asylum.

6/10 due to the insane difficulty.

I knew the game inside out, yet no matter how many times I played it I still bricked it when I knew the enemies were breathing down my neck when chasing me. Add in the fact that once you near the end the nerves kick in because you know one slip up and you're back to the start. This caused me to make some pretty stupid mistakes throughout my insane runs. Also, the enemies walking paths aren't as scripted as claimed as I've had enemies come over and spot me a few times in hiding spots that are shown in the video guides. This is especially annoying for Chris Walker as he'll just one-hit you.