This game is a gem

starcrunch061

The title says it all. I was dissatisfied at first at the update last Tuesday, but this game has completely wowed me. My only gripe is that it is too short (like Super Stardust). But I absolutely love it. I couldn't care less about trophies, or efficiency - the aesthetic and the gameplay have completely absorbed me.

I totally agree. The controls are impressively tight, the graphics are stunning for a downloadable title, the music is great, the boss battles are unique and challenging in their own respects. This game is a solid 9/10 from me, production value is top notch. I can't recall a better value in video gaming history than what PS+ has offered up in the past 3 months, its been very impressive.

The music is the one thing that really stands out for me. I'm on the last boss now and the music for the battle is pretty damn epic. Also, some of the level designs are pretty trippy. They look like the developers were on psychedelics when they designed it. Pretty cool.

The game definitely left me with my jaw dropped. :) I can just sit all day looking at the visuals. Everything is colorful and stunning. It drew me in even more with gameplay mechanics. It's definitely a must have PSN title in my book. To me I feel like the game can even be altered to the Vita. It would be a nice addition. :applause:

• 1 month later...

I'm a huge fan of the Metroid franchise and I after playing this game for an hour yesterday I really thought that it had the same sort of gameplay and replay value that the Metroid games do. The art style is really fantastic and little things such as the character animations when you almost miss a jump are splendid and gives it all a hell of a lot of personality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This game is overall fantastic. As others above have said, the visuals are very well done and the overall production values for price paid are incredible. I would highly recommend this game to anyone. I bought it when it went on sale prior to being free on PS+, and it was worth every penny I paid for it.

• 1 month later...

I think its ok. nothing great, just ok.

it does a good job of teaching you the gameplay mechanics but none of the puzzles are really that hard. if you just stand in a safe spot for a few seconds, you will figure out the pattern, and thats basically how the whole game is.

If you really cant figure out a way, you can just sacrifice some health and still make it to the next checkpoint, which im not sure is a good or bad thing.

I really liked the boss battles though (on final boss now)

• 2 months later...

Downloaded this game a while back as a PS+ freebie, and didn't play until this past week. This game is great and is a nice change-up from my usual game preferences. This game brings back memories of Impossible Mission for the Commodore 64. I'd imagine that if there was an Impossible Mission III made at some point, I would hope it be like this. Outland is a great game, even my wife said "wow" while I was playing this, and she usually ignores me.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...