The Winged Serpent

Dave_bosoxfan

I am sure people already know this but I didnt so I thought I would post it here.

When you are on the back of the Winged Serpent and are low on hearts find a safe spot (there are a few) and destroy the falling mines. These do eventually give up some hearts and I have made it back up to 5 hearts doing this.

When you only have the lump on his head left you do not need to stomp on it (like I thought) you only need to stand next to it and do the upwards attack (:up: + :square:). Once I figured this out I beat him straight away.

Hope this helps.

I want to clarify that destroy falling mines part: you need to be opposite element to "kill" mine, if you hit it with as same element as mine is, it will just explode. I didn't get any hearts when those mines were hit with same element.

During the last phase you can also damage boss's head with beam attack if you have resources for it.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 years later...

the winged serpent is such a butthole...

[EDIT]: ok, figured that one out. :facepalm: the guys above are right. i think i had so much trouble because i was still in "hurry mode" from platforming. belated advice, but find a safe spot and REST! even if you do well on the platforming, just set the controller down for a couple of minutes and breathe, breathe in the air. (don't be afraid to care...) you just have to make it through the two platforming sessions. even one heart is ok. you can find a safe spot and just farm hearts. it works as long as you need health (probably not after), but it may take a while. this is very easy at first because there are no bullets or whatever they are called. get full health and then just take out the areas one at a time, and farm hearts if you take any damage. i think there are three stages so try to end up at the head, so you can take him out quickly and with very little damage. use your beam for a fast kill. (he's still a butthole though!)

Edited by shathe