I hate Codemasters

Ok, flaming thread. Be warned. Ok, so I'm almost done leveling to 20 my second character and my ps3 freezes during the beginning of a mission. I turned on my ps3 a little while later and go to start the game and low and behold my progress is wiped clean. Everything has been reset. My player progress, my levels, my class set ups. Todo!!! In Dragon Rising I had something similar happen when I was halfway through my hardcore run and the damn game wouldn't let me continue my campaign. I really hate the makers of these games. End flaming thread.

Get the good power supply and install it in your PS3 so it doesn't overheat. Also, replace the crappy thermal grease on your cpu. If you really want to, replace the fan as well. Sounds like an overheating issue, and not a game issue.

Codemasters hates you.

Well, considering it's only happened with the Operation Flashpoint games and nothing else I have on my ps3 I'd say you were wrong.

Get the good power supply and install it in your PS3 so it doesn't overheat. Also, replace the crappy thermal grease on your cpu. If you really want to, replace the fan as well. Sounds like an overheating issue, and not a game issue.

Codemasters hates you.

Its a freeze, not a shutdown. Its not related to overheating. And yes, Codemasters' games tend freeze alot.

If it was overheating, a warning message will appear from the PS3 itself before shutting down.

• 4 weeks later...