Thinking about trying this out (QUESTIONS)

My friend has this game and I don't have any games lined up till CODBO so I thought why not try this out since I can get it for free :D But I have three questions:

1) How hard of a plat is this compared to Call of Duty Classic?

I'm a decent player at FPS games, especially with the Call of Duty games. I was able to do Call of Duty Classic (considered a difficult plat-with a higher plat diff. rating than this, I think) with minimal effort. As you can tell by my trophy card, I'm a bit of a completionist so a game in my collection without 100% would slightly bother me. I want to know if I'm guaranteed this plat if I was good enough to do CoD1.

2) Is the MP a ghost town?

I realize that a lot of MP games that are not blockbusters end up with dead MP, making for a near impossible plat (FEAR 2, Rogue Warrior, etc). Is this one of them or are there still enough people to make this plat possible?

3) How long to plat this game?

The trophy guide doesn't mention this. I'm curious since I'll have about a month to platinum this before CODBO hits, which is when I'll be forced to ignore every other game for a LONG time. I can get in about 15 hours of game time a week, which is 60 in a month. Is that more than enough or just barely enough?

Note: Don't factor the hardcore glitch into the difficulty/length of plat because I won't be using it.

Thanks for reading. :)

Edited by AlejandroM

1) I have never played the COD classic, so I cant compare to that one. The game itself is probably the most difficult fps ever released. None of my friends that own the game even managed to play through to the end on the easiest difficulty setting. But they are all quitters anyway ;).

For an experienced FPS'er and a trophy hunter (they generally don't like to lose) this plat should not be too much of a problem.

Hardcore is though no matter what though, and if you don't plan on using the glitch, this is where you'll spend countless hours of trial and error. Be prepared for one shot kills out of nowhere, crazy accurate NPC's and no checkpoints whatsoever. If you mastered a level, they can still take up to 45 mins to complete (most can be done faster though). Die at the very end and it's back to square 1.

2) Since there's only 1 online trophy, which you can get in the first minute of coop (boosting or not), MP is no factor in obtaining the platinum. The MP is not dead, but don't expect there to be a wide choice of games to play either.

3) It's impossible to say how long it takes to plat this game. The trophy list is very basic: story related, side-objectives and a few kill 'x' with 'y' trophies. In theory and given you follow a guide, you only need 1 solo-playthrough on 'hardcore' and a few minutes in coop. But you'll probably need to play through the game on normal first, getting all the trophies out the way and getting used to the game (takes about 15-20 hrs). And then the playthrough on hardcore, which is completely skill related.

But on a side note, this game is really, really good. Regardless of trophies or not, if you're into FPS'ers and war sims, get it! It's nothing like any other FPS ever released. You're not only playing with your 'hero', but you're also commanding your entire squad. The biggest aspect of the game, and the key to being able to play through it successfully is tactics, whereas most other FPS are all about reflexes and aim. The maps are truly HUGE, the missions are varied, and there are a lot of ways you can play through them. The only bad thing IMO was the AI. They can be completely stupid one moment and headshot you from 200m with an assault rifle the next.

Edited by steviej

I'm one of the few who enjoyed this game i think lol but if u like fps games with a bit of tactical know how u just might like the challenge the game offers. For me COD Classic is just as difficult with u having to be patient and with the 1 hit kills etc. MP is still active and u should be ok there. Took me around 20/25 hours to get platinum so i guess that would be par for this game but it depends on how u go with it, good luck!

Edited by Donzie75

I haven't played CoD Classic, but I've completed Killzone 2 on Elite. I must say that this game is considerably harder than that - even Normal can be difficult if you don't know the layout of the level. As for Hardcore, well, let's just say it will frustrate you a lot. The game is VERY realistic in that one shot to the head will kill you, snipers can hit you from a kilometre away and if you get wounded, you need to bandage it before you bleed to death.

I did the entire Hardcore campaign with randoms online after realising that it was impossibe for me to complete it by myself in Single Player. There were a few times when I couldn't find games, but these were very few and far between. I was able to play a game within 5 minutes usually.

I did the campaign on Normal in a week. However, I took a brief break from the game and only tried Hardcore every now and again. In the end I had the Platinum 2 months after I had started. Bear in mind that I did take a break from the game, so I'd estimate that you could do it within 2 weeks.

This is much harder in my opinion. I have platinumed both games and feel that COD is a game that if you keep at, you'll eventually beat the level in a hour or so. OFDR, you actually know how to play the game(where the enemies are, how to respond to attacks, ROE, etc) because you have no onscreen information. Don't know how many bullets are in your gun, where the enemies are, how many there are, etc). At least COD is linear and you never get lost while OFDR, you're on a big island. But in the end, I suppose it comes down to taste and luck. I beat COD Classic veteran in a month while OFDR hardcore took me about half a year I think, maybe 4 months I forgot.

It was a while back when I played it and I can't imagine it being any more populated today. But you only need only 1 unsuspecting person to get the trophy so should be no problem.

Like, I said, it took me several months(I didn't play this game everyday though, maybe 3 times a week?) but it varies since luck plays a big part. When in doubt, use youtube. Good luck chasing the plat:) You're going to need it:)