XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 09-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Baqsam

Send a message via MSN to Baqsam
Question Difficulty compared to Call of Duty...

How does this game compare to Call of Duty games in terms of difficulty?
I might pick this title up and I am curious.
Some people say it is like CoD: World at War on veteran with one-shot deaths.

My Threads
Baqsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
Francofone

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

In my opinion, I found this game to be much more difficult. There are trophies such as Sum of all zeroes and a few others that are much tougher than Op Flashpoints, but the campaign of Op Flashpoint is harder. WaW's deaths are very cheap and frustrating, but Op's deaths put you at the beginning of the level where you have to restart and spend almost an hour getting back to that same point just to die once again. What makes it a little bearable is that you get the chance to get help from friends.

Francofone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
Dark_Phantom_89
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Phantom's ''Odds and Sods'' List   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

When this game says that it's realistic, it REALLY means it. It's exactly like real life in that:

1) One shot to the head and you're dead.
2) You need to apply a bandage to your wounds - if you don't, you'll bleed to death.
3) You need to kill enemies from a distance and not get close or you'll be killed.
4) Snipers are INSANELY accurate at times and can kill you from 2 kilometres away.

Dark_Phantom_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
AlejandroM

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Bronze

I have all the Cod plats and Dragon Rising plat. In my opinion, from hardest to easiest:

1. Call of Duty: Classic - 8/10 difficulty
2. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - 7/10 difficulty
3. Call of Duty: World at War - 6/10 difficulty
4. Modern Warfare 2 - 4/10 difficulty

Last edited by AlejandroM; 10-16-2010 at 09:45 PM.
AlejandroM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
Big Brother

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Silver Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlejandroM View Post
I have all the Cod plats and Dragon Rising plat. In my opinion, from hardest to easiest:

1. Call of Duty: Classic - 8/10 difficulty
2. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - 7/10 difficulty
3. Call of Duty: World at War - 6/10 difficulty
4. Modern Warfare 2 - 4/10 difficulty
You did hardcore mode legit?

I'm surprised that you find CoD classic harder... In veteran you still have checkpoints. It's just a matter of trial and error...

I might get OFP but I have to much game to play at the moment...
Old 10-17-2010, 01:05 AM   #6
Tonttutoni

Im having trouble in Cod classic on hardened already. But this one has been a lot easier. Im now going through hardcore difficulty, patience is the key in this game.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:57 AM   #7
AlejandroM

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
You did hardcore mode legit?

I'm surprised that you find CoD classic harder... In veteran you still have checkpoints. It's just a matter of trial and error...

I might get OFP but I have to much game to play at the moment...
Yeah I did it legit. But I don't know. They're pretty much neck-and-neck but personally, I give a slight edge to Cod1 because I had a harder time. I finished DR from start to finish on Hardcore in 2 days, but I had to keep coming back to Cod1 from time to time to complete it.

Both have different things that make them difficult so it's hard to compare.

In DR, enemies are much less accurate. Sure, they'll pull off an insanely-impossible headshot, through trees, using an LMG, while you're running... on you from time to time but it's all luck. On Cod1, however, the enemies are sure to pop your head open as soon as you pop out of cover. And there's more of them to boot, even though they are a lot quicker to take out.

On the other hand, Cod1 is more forgiving with its checkpoints, since DR requires you to play entire levels without dying. However, this is nullified if you stay patient and take your time in DR. Stay at least 200-300m away from enemies and keep healing your units using your medic and you should be fine. There are some timed objectives that make this a bit tough but thankfully most are at the beginning of the level, so fucking up isn't so bad.

Also, in Cod1 you die faster than the blink of an eye (since the enemy is more accurate) and you can't heal. And if you're lucky enough to survive a few shots, you're stuck without checkpoints for the remainder of the mission since you can't get checkpoints if you have less than 50% health. So pretty much, you have to get through levels without getting hurt. In DR, getting shot isn't so bad since you can just order your medic to fully heal you. But then again, missions on Cod1 are significantly shorter for the most part.

To be fair, Cod1 gets off easier when it comes to allied AI. In some missions, you even get infinitely-respawning allies. If you lose your entire squad in DR, restarting the mission would be a good idea.

So, once again, they're both difficult in their own ways. I just found Cod1 to be a bit more difficult.

Last edited by AlejandroM; 10-17-2010 at 06:00 AM.
AlejandroM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Big Brother

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Silver Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Thanks for your point of view. I think I'll give it a try someday. In fact I loved the first OFP, but a lot of people say that this one is really less good...
Old 10-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
DrPopkorne

Send a message via ICQ to DrPopkorne Send a message via AIM to DrPopkorne Send a message via MSN to DrPopkorne Send a message via Yahoo to DrPopkorne Send a message via Skype™ to DrPopkorne

I thought Operation Flashpoint was too hard that I gave up. I only need the hardcore trophy and I decided I could not do it.

Zombies! ಠ_ಠ
DrPopkorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #10
Baqsam

Send a message via MSN to Baqsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPopkorne View Post
I thought Operation Flashpoint was too hard that I gave up. I only need the hardcore trophy and I decided I could not do it.
It is not impossible.
Also, you should have more confidence since you have the World at War plat.

My Threads
Baqsam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concentrate, death, difficult, harder, hmmm