Difficulty compared to Call of Duty...

In my opinion, I found this game to be much more difficult. There are trophies such as Sum of all zeroes and a few others that are much tougher than Op Flashpoints, but the campaign of Op Flashpoint is harder. WaW's deaths are very cheap and frustrating, but Op's deaths put you at the beginning of the level where you have to restart and spend almost an hour getting back to that same point just to die once again. What makes it a little bearable is that you get the chance to get help from friends.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/144/Francofone.png

When this game says that it's realistic, it REALLY means it. It's exactly like real life in that:

1) One shot to the head and you're dead.

2) You need to apply a bandage to your wounds - if you don't, you'll bleed to death.

3) You need to kill enemies from a distance and not get close or you'll be killed.

4) Snipers are INSANELY accurate at times and can kill you from 2 kilometres away.

• 4 weeks later...

I have all the Cod plats and Dragon Rising plat. In my opinion, from hardest to easiest:

1. Call of Duty: Classic - 8/10 difficulty

2. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - 7/10 difficulty

3. Call of Duty: World at War - 6/10 difficulty

4. Modern Warfare 2 - 4/10 difficulty

Edited by AlejandroM

I have all the Cod plats and Dragon Rising plat. In my opinion, from hardest to easiest:

1. Call of Duty: Classic - 8/10 difficulty

2. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - 7/10 difficulty

3. Call of Duty: World at War - 6/10 difficulty

4. Modern Warfare 2 - 4/10 difficulty

You did hardcore mode legit?

I'm surprised that you find CoD classic harder... In veteran you still have checkpoints. It's just a matter of trial and error...

I might get OFP but I have to much game to play at the moment...

You did hardcore mode legit?

I'm surprised that you find CoD classic harder... In veteran you still have checkpoints. It's just a matter of trial and error...

I might get OFP but I have to much game to play at the moment...

Yeah I did it legit. But I don't know. They're pretty much neck-and-neck but personally, I give a slight edge to Cod1 because I had a harder time. I finished DR from start to finish on Hardcore in 2 days, but I had to keep coming back to Cod1 from time to time to complete it.

Both have different things that make them difficult so it's hard to compare.

In DR, enemies are much less accurate. Sure, they'll pull off an insanely-impossible headshot, through trees, using an LMG, while you're running... on you from time to time but it's all luck. On Cod1, however, the enemies are sure to pop your head open as soon as you pop out of cover. And there's more of them to boot, even though they are a lot quicker to take out.

On the other hand, Cod1 is more forgiving with its checkpoints, since DR requires you to play entire levels without dying. However, this is nullified if you stay patient and take your time in DR. Stay at least 200-300m away from enemies and keep healing your units using your medic and you should be fine. There are some timed objectives that make this a bit tough but thankfully most are at the beginning of the level, so fucking up isn't so bad.

Also, in Cod1 you die faster than the blink of an eye (since the enemy is more accurate) and you can't heal. And if you're lucky enough to survive a few shots, you're stuck without checkpoints for the remainder of the mission since you can't get checkpoints if you have less than 50% health. So pretty much, you have to get through levels without getting hurt. In DR, getting shot isn't so bad since you can just order your medic to fully heal you. But then again, missions on Cod1 are significantly shorter for the most part.

To be fair, Cod1 gets off easier when it comes to allied AI. In some missions, you even get infinitely-respawning allies. If you lose your entire squad in DR, restarting the mission would be a good idea.

So, once again, they're both difficult in their own ways. I just found Cod1 to be a bit more difficult.

Edited by AlejandroM

It is not impossible. ;)

Also, you should have more confidence since you have the World at War plat.

Well I had checkpoints in World at War, so if I made a mistake, it wasn't the end of the world.

On Dragon Rising, you feel under pressure as you need to focus throughout the game. It also greatly upset me going through all of level 3, only to be shot by the small remaining troops.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you get the Hardcore campaign gold trophy if you complete it in Co-op?

You do get the trophy in Coop but you must host the game for each level, also it doesn't have to be in the one sit down playthru so you can do a couple of levels then quit and come back to it when you want.