XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > O (PS3) > One Piece: Pirate Warriors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 106
Default Farming Coins Strategies

I thought making a thread where you can just put all farming coins strategies will make it easier for some people rather than going through maybe 3 or 4 different threads about different things, getting relatively the same answer. Add more if you have more. And for those who are waiting on the patch, IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE MAIN LOG OR ALL ANOTHER LOGS DO SO. Supposedly you can't get all coins without doing every episode in main log and another log, so might as well make the use of the time between now and until the patch hits to do so. Right now I have seen some strategies pop up and some that were useful to me:

1) Another Log - Zoro Last Episode
2) Main Log - Episode 11
3) DLC Challenges -> 1000 vs 1 and the Drum Kingdom Level
4) Character Specific (pick Zoro to get Zoro coins)
5) Area Specific (play a certain stage to get certain coins)

These are the 5 I've seen as most useful. Some coins for character specific and area specific are ambiguous so if anyone can make a list out of that, that would be great! Hope this thread could help anyone with coin problems as well as help me because we're all in the same boat.
thanan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
SonicBelmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Throne Room
Posts: 1,651

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   Community Gaming Event Silver   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts   Helping Hand   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanan1 View Post
I thought making a thread where you can just put all farming coins strategies will make it easier for some people rather than going through maybe 3 or 4 different threads about different things, getting relatively the same answer. Add more if you have more. And for those who are waiting on the patch, IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE MAIN LOG OR ALL ANOTHER LOGS DO SO. Supposedly you can't get all coins without doing every episode in main log and another log, so might as well make the use of the time between now and until the patch hits to do so. Right now I have seen some strategies pop up and some that were useful to me:

1) Another Log - Zoro Last Episode
2) Main Log - Episode 11
3) DLC Challenges -> 1000 vs 1 and the Drum Kingdom Level
4) Character Specific (pick Zoro to get Zoro coins)
5) Area Specific (play a certain stage to get certain coins)

These are the 5 I've seen as most useful. Some coins for character specific and area specific are ambiguous so if anyone can make a list out of that, that would be great! Hope this thread could help anyone with coin problems as well as help me because we're all in the same boat.
seems like everyone is going off and making a thread about the different concerns of this game. haha. Thats cool though. btw, you actually do need to complete all logs before you are able to get certain coins.

Anyway, I could make a list of the character's i used to get their coins and the levels i played to get them on if that will help. (I assume you only want me to list the ones that are actually difficult? For example, dont want me to list zoro mark, but rather new world zoro mark?)
__________________

Thanks to Esyld!

Trophy cards:

Last edited by SonicBelmont; 11-02-2012 at 04:03 PM.
SonicBelmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffybuggy View Post
seems like everyone is going off and making a thread about the different concerns of this game. haha. Thats cool though. btw, you actually do need to complete all logs before you are able to get certain coins.

Anyway, I could make a list of the character's i used to get their coins and the levels i played to get them on if that will help. (I assume you only want me to list the ones that are actually difficult? For example, dont want me to list zoro mark, but rather new world zoro mark?)
Hey, thanks, and yes. Most of the easy coins like Zoro's mark can be obtained simply by playing the game's main log and another log. So, if you have lists on the rarer coins like Alvida or the new world coins, that would be awesome. Maybe if more people try to incorporate their lists as well, we can get a big list of commonality in coin appearances for certain stages. And you're right there are a lot of different concerns, but I find that most concerns are usually an anger towards either the glitch, getting the coins, and not having them. Not many actually went to actual details on the percentage of occurrence, etc. Maybe that will help make it easier for a lot of people who didn't yet play the game or are struggling with the last few coins to get the coins by the time the patch is out. Again, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
thanan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
 
SonicBelmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Throne Room
Posts: 1,651

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   Community Gaming Event Silver   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts   Helping Hand   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanan1 View Post
Hey, thanks, and yes. Most of the easy coins like Zoro's mark can be obtained simply by playing the game's main log and another log. So, if you have lists on the rarer coins like Alvida or the new world coins, that would be awesome. Maybe if more people try to incorporate their lists as well, we can get a big list of commonality in coin appearances for certain stages. And you're right there are a lot of different concerns, but I find that most concerns are usually an anger towards either the glitch, getting the coins, and not having them. Not many actually went to actual details on the percentage of occurrence, etc. Maybe that will help make it easier for a lot of people who didn't yet play the game or are struggling with the last few coins to get the coins by the time the patch is out. Again, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
No problem im glad to see someone who is dedicated to helping others. always willing to help. I will work on the list
__________________

Thanks to Esyld!

Trophy cards:
SonicBelmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
hulais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 77
Default

yesterday i got my last coin...and i want to share my experience with you guys

i was missing 4 coins, and i spent 7-8 days playing more than 15 hrs in E11 with no luck

at that time, i had 2 of the characters in lvl 50, 2 in lvl 20, and the other 9 are below lvl 10

i decided to lvl up some of the characters and hoped that will increase the chance to get the missing coins

i worked on that and ended up having 2 characters in lvl 50(still), 7 in lvl 20(big improvement), 2 in lvl 10-15, and the other 2 are below lvl 10.

in just one day:

i got the 1st coin while leveling up (the fat blue guy)

then, i went to play E11, and guess what ??? i got 2 more coins in 2 tries in E11.

i got the last coin in the next day while playing online (Alvida coin) with a random player.

i hope that will help !

sorry for my bad english

sorry for not remembering names of characters
__________________


sorry for my bad english
hulais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulais View Post
yesterday i got my last coin...and i want to share my experience with you guys

i was missing 4 coins, and i spent 7-8 days playing more than 15 hrs in E11 with no luck

at that time, i had 2 of the characters in lvl 50, 2 in lvl 20, and the other 9 are below lvl 10

i decided to lvl up some of the characters and hoped that will increase the chance to get the missing coins

i worked on that and ended up having 2 characters in lvl 50(still), 7 in lvl 20(big improvement), 2 in lvl 10-15, and the other 2 are below lvl 10.

in just one day:

i got the 1st coin while leveling up (the fat blue guy)

then, i went to play E11, and guess what ??? i got 2 more coins in 2 tries in E11.

i got the last coin in the next day while playing online (Alvida coin) with a random player.

i hope that will help !

sorry for my bad english

sorry for not remembering names of characters
No problem man, thanks for the help. Leveling up your character is a better way to approach coin collection in the first place, especially if it doesn't feel like you're actually trying to find the last few coins. That could be a better strategy for people who still don't have them. You got an Alvida coin online which I've heard a lot of people doing, which makes it look like rarer coin spawns appear more commonly on online levels. But, we still need a few more people to give their experiences too. Do you maybe remember the stages you were playing online or while leveling up your character (unless it was episode 11)? If you don't it's fine, but any info is appreciated so thanks for what you've given
thanan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
hulais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanan1 View Post
No problem man, thanks for the help. Leveling up your character is a better way to approach coin collection in the first place, especially if it doesn't feel like you're actually trying to find the last few coins. That could be a better strategy for people who still don't have them. You got an Alvida coin online which I've heard a lot of people doing, which makes it look like rarer coin spawns appear more commonly on online levels. But, we still need a few more people to give their experiences too. Do you maybe remember the stages you were playing online or while leveling up your character (unless it was episode 11)? If you don't it's fine, but any info is appreciated so thanks for what you've given

online = Marineford stage. i was using Jimbei and the guy who i played with was very good. we managed to get 730 beat.

for leveling up = Impel Down which is the 1st episode in Jimbei's anotherlog. you can get over 700 Beat very easily. after going through the door to the upper area, skip all areas to "J". finish it, then go and finish all areas. it is very easily done even in hard difficulty

hope that help

sorry for my bad english
__________________


sorry for my bad english

Last edited by hulais; 11-04-2012 at 04:09 PM.
hulais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulais View Post
online = Marineford stage. i was using Jimbei and the guy who i played with was very good. we managed to get 730 beat.

for leveling up = Impel Down which is the 1st episode in Jimbei's anotherlog. you can get over 700 Beat very easily. after going through the door to the upper area, skip all areas to "J". finish it, then go and finish all areas. it is very easily done even in hard difficulty

hope that help

sorry for my bad english
Lol don't worry, your english isn't bad. Some people have it going all over the place but I can understand what your saying. Scaffold stage is a biggie in terms of coin grinding. But, I hadn't thought of playing the Impel Down stage to level up and get 700+ easy. That's a nice strategy, I'll try that and see if that helps in regards to coins. Thanks again for the info, means a lot!

Last edited by thanan1; 11-04-2012 at 09:03 PM.
thanan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
 
SonicBelmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Throne Room
Posts: 1,651

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   Community Gaming Event Silver   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts   Helping Hand   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Default Coin List

Sorry ive been busy but here is my coin list of how i obtained each coin (these are for difficult coins to obtain Ex. New world luffy, not for common coins Ex. Pacifista):

*Note: If i dont remember exactly the first time i got the coin, I will mention the time closest to the first time. I did main log on normal, challenges on easy, another logs on hard. I didnt notice the difficulty switch until after I beat the main log. lmao.

Rayleigh- Some people apparently have difficulty with rayleigh so ill mention him. I got him first as luffy on his main log Sabaody Archipelago level. I've mainly gotten him on the Sabaody level in another logs of a couple of other characters as well.

Garp- Another that some have been having trouble with. I received this coin first on the scaffold level playing as whitebeard in another log.I've received him several other times on this level playing online with a friend. I also received it once on Nami's Sabaody level playing as luffy.

New World Luffy- I obtained this coin playing as luffy in the main log episode of Marineford that is an Action level. It's the one people usually grind kills on. I'm sorry I dont know each level number exactly. After I had completed all logs, I decided to start maxing out characters. Starting with luffy, I decided to start on this level so I could get some kills and a little experience too. I got the 9999 kills then ended up getting some nice goodies at the end when i finished the level.

New World Zoro- After maxing out luffy, I started on Zoro. At this time the DLC was released in the US for this game. I decided to use zoro for the DLC as I wanted to max him out anyway. During the Winter Castle, Blossom of Love challenge I had gotten my 700 beat defeating enemies and conquering territories but continued until I had conquered (and re-conquered after the huge territory takeover) every territory in the level except the one containing wapol. (I beat wapol first, then teach, then had to beat wapol again) After doing that I already had over 1000 beat. So I finished the level obtaining this coin at the end.

New World Sanji- During my DLC run as Zoro trying to max him out, I saw Pin up Rescue and knew I had to play as sanji just by the name. lmao. So I did beat the level collected all coins from chests and all that. At the end I had enough beat for about 2-3 bonus coins and I happened to obtain this one.

Mark of friendship- Apparently this coin has been causing some issues among players as well. So I will mention it. I obtained this coin, ironically, after completing the Alabasta King's tomb level in the main log. I thought it was an automatic coin given but I guess its not since a lot of people are having trouble.

Wado Ichimonji- Im not sure if the 4 swords zoro uses throughout the series are rare exactly, but i dont get them too often so i figured I'd mention them. Wado Ichimonji was obtained on Zoro's another log Sabaody level. After I completed all challenges with Zoro I still wasnt maxed so I decided to replay his log and ended up getting this coin on his Sabaody archipelago level.

Sandai Kitetsu III- I obtained this coin playing as zoro in the DLC level East Blue Forever level. I was trying to max out Zoro and when I got to this level I conquered (and re-conquered) every territory. At the end of the level, I had well over 1200 beat. I received this coin as one of the 5 bonus coins along with another sword.

Yubashiri- This was the 2nd sword coin I received after my playthrough of East Blue Forever.

Shusui- When playing through Zoro's another log, since the DLC still didnt have Zoro maxed, I came across this coin after completing the Great Battle on Judgement Island level with about a little over 600 beat.

Log Pose- I've heard only 1 or 2 complaints about this coin but its another one i dont get so often so i figure i should mention it. I actually received this coin on the main log episode of Water 7. The Action level that you have to go around water 7 and fight Franky at the end.

Galaxy Slingshot- I received this coin on Usopp's Another log level of Enies Lobby. I had finished maxing out my nami and decided to start on chopper. But before that I wanted to play as Usopp, so I did his Enies Lobby level. At the end I had around 600 beat and this coin was awarded to me.

Slingshot Kabuto- I received this coin during my first run through Usopp's another log. I received this coin on his Sabaody archipelago level. After getting around 450 beat.

Dial- I first received this coin after completing the main log episode with the fight against luffy while you play as Usopp. I completed the level and was awarded with this coin.

Guitar- After maxing my Nami i decided to work on Chopper. I played through his another log again but got barely anything. So I decided to replay the Sabaody level a couple of times to level up and on about the 4th or 5th time I got this coin.

Cane Sword- I obtained this coin playing online with a friend on Zoro's Sabaody Archipelago level. We were playing on hard and got over 450 beat. I was using my maxed Zoro and happened to earn this coin at the end.

Alvida Mark- This one apparently causes so many problems, but I've had no trouble with it. I still obtain this coin frequently. The first time I can remember getting this coin was late in the main log. I got it on the first impel down level of the main log. Im not too sure though. If that doesnt help, I received this coin not too long ago playing as Luffy on Jimbei's another log impel down level. I was playing online with a friend on hard.

Doflamingo Mark- I obtained this coin playing online with a friend on Ace's scaffold level. We were playing on hard and I was using Luffy.

Marco Mark- I obtained this coin on the Great Navy Caper DLC level. I was trying to max out my chopper and I saw that this level was the best level in the game for leveling up. (this is for me, i cant speak for anyone else) So I decided to play this level a couple of times to level up. On my 3rd runthrough I obtained this coin after getting over 700 beat. I just got 700 beat playing the level then right when i got to 700, I zoomed through the level to finish it.

Sabo Mark- I got this coin playing online with a friend on Ace's Scaffold level. Not at the same time as the Doflamingo mark, but the settings were exactly the same. We were playing on hard, I was using Luffy.

Shanks Mark- I received this coin after beating Whitebeard's another log. It only has the scaffold level so I got about 300-450 beat and I obtained this mark when i finished. I received this coin again after deciding to try main log episode 11 on hard.

Rogers Mark- I obtained this coin playing with a random person online. We did Chopper's Sabaody Archipelago level on hard. I was using Luffy and we got over 600 beat.

New World Luffy Mark- I obtained this coin along with the New World Luffy coin. Like I said before, i got my 9999 kills playing through the level on easy then finished up.

New World Zoro Mark- I got this coin after completing the final DLC level The True Pirate Warrior with Zoro. I was trying to max out Zoro by playing through the DLC chapters on easy. At the end of getting 9999 kills I received this coin for having VERY well over 700 beat. lmao

New World Nami Mark- I actually received this coin playing the DLC level The Great Navy Caper. I had just maxed out my nami and gotten over 700 beat playing through the challenge. So I finished up the level and at the end, I got this coin.

New World Usopp Mark- I received this coin playing online with a friend on Zoro's Baratie level. I was using Usopp and we had the difficulty set on hard. We got about 450 beat and I received this coin.

New World Sanji Mark- I got this coin playing online with a friend. We played Sanji's Drum Island level on hard. I was using Sanji and we got about 450 beat.

New World Chopper Mark- I received this coin after beating the Great Navy Caper DLC level with Chopper. I was trying to max Chopper out and actually got this coin on one of my runs through the level.

New World Robin Mark- I actually got this coin playing as Usopp. I was playing through Usopp's another log Enies Lobby level on hard. At the end, I had around 600 beat.

New World Franky Mark- I got this coin playing online with a friend on Franky's Sabaody Archipelago level. I was using franky and the difficulty was set to hard.

New World Brook Mark- I actually received this mark while playing through the DLC as Zoro when I was trying to max him out. I got this coin on the Two Views of Justice DLC level. I had over 700 beat (I sided with Aokiji) and at the end I received this coin. I also received this coin again when playing through Zoro's another log Sabaody level online. I was playing with a friend on hard difficulty, and I was using Luffy. Since I use the "Lying has its uses" skill, I received a maxed out version of this coin


Well thats about all I got. I hope you guys can use this to get an idea of what levels to play, what difficulties to set, and what characters to use for getting rare coins. If I missed a rare coin or you have a request for anything I am more than happy to share my experiences and tips to help you.
__________________

Thanks to Esyld!

Trophy cards:

Last edited by SonicBelmont; 11-07-2012 at 04:50 PM.
SonicBelmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
NaughtyNoddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toyland
Posts: 88
Default

Nice list! It will be helpful to other people that haven't got all the coins.
How did you remember all that stuff? Is your brain a hard disk?

From my "adventures" I remember that I got all the New Strawhat Marks, New World Zoro, New World Luffy, Sabo's Mark, Shanks' Mark and Roger's Mark while I was farming kills in Main Log's episode 15 with Luffy.
My last 2 coins were Alvida's Mark and New World Sanji, that I got while I was playing the last episode in Sanji's Another Log (with Sanji). These two took me about 18 hours to get
NaughtyNoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:53 PM.

Missing Trophies class=