Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game One Piece: Pirate Warriors. This thread has been created to discuss anything One Piece: Pirate Warriors related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune.

What really impressed me about the story was the alternate ending to the Marinefold War.

First of all, regarding the manga and the anime this was a great arc, but I thought it would be better if at least one high-rank member of the marines was defeated. I would be happy if this person was Akainu, since I didn't like him from the start and that would make Luffy beat one less person in the New World.

The game fulfilled this thought of mine and I was really pleased beating the :square: button in the last QTE. Also, it was nice and touching to see Ace's spirit behind Luffy.

What I am wondering is if this last battle in the alternate ending was a little spoiler about the last or one of the last battles in One Piece. Luffy going Super Saiyan (with busoshoku haki i guess or with another sort of ability that hasn't been mentioned yet) and fighting Akainu on a magma hand was pretty spectacular! :applause:

Luffy doesn't go Super Saiyan, you're thinking of the wrong series. Luffy has a move called Gear 2nd, which if you've read through Enies Lobby you already know what that is.

Oh, and what exactly was the point of locking the original thread to make this one with almost exactly the same title? You closed someone's thread who is actually interested in the story and asking a specific question to replace it with your own generic uninterested disclaimer message... That's pretty retarded, just saying.

Luffy doesn't go Super Saiyan, you're thinking of the wrong series. Luffy has a move called Gear 2nd, which if you've read through Enies Lobby you already know what that is.

Oh, and what exactly was the point of locking the original thread to make this one with almost exactly the same title? You closed someone's thread who is actually interested in the story and asking a specific question to replace it with your own generic uninterested disclaimer message... That's pretty retarded, just saying.

Hes not talking about gear second. Hes talking about the golden look that luffy has when he was fighting akainu near the end. The one where akainu sees ace's spirit fighting with luffy. BTW, you wouldnt have to read through enies lobby anyway because gear 2nd is shown in this game.

I was happy to see the game covered how everyone joined the crew (except zoro, brook, & usopp) The gameplay is fun and keeps true to dynasty warrior/musou style. Overall the game is very fun but couldve been so much better.

My changes wouldve been:

-The tutorial level didnt have to be the 2 year time skip on sabaody. It shouldve been when luffy fights the group of marines while zoro is tied up in shells town. (yea i know he takes em all out with gum gum whip but this is a game) That way zoro's joining is explained.

-Syrup village couldve been a straight up boss level like enies lobby's CP9 fight. Usopp and merry wouldve been explained more

-Loguetown couldve been an action level similar to Water 7. Youcould adventure around with each character since they all had something to do, then they would all have to escape in the end due to the marine raid

-Whiskey peak couldve been an action/boss level. You would have to defeat the 100 bounty hunters as zoro then a boss fight with luffy (sort of because nami interrupts) Then a boss fight with mr. 5 and ms. monday

-Little garden couldve been a boss fight against mr. 3 and ms. april fools day.

-Jaya couldve been an action level looking for the south bird, ending with a boss fight between luffy and bellamy (even though it was 1 punch then over)

-The biggest one i was disappointed with was when they took out Skypiea. That is saga couldve been a perfect musou level & action level combination. The musou would be the straw hat crew inside of the war between shandorians & eneru's soldiers. The level starts with luffy, sanji, and usopp vs satori. Then some cutscenes. Then the survival game begins. You help the shandorians fight the battle on varse. Then the end involves zoro vs ohm, chopper vs gedatz. The action level would involve luffy vs eneru (the one where he loses by being thrown off the maxim) Then you would have to adventure up back to the maxim and beat eneru.

-davy back fight couldve just been some fun extra minigames

-thriller bark couldve been a boss level or possibly action level.

-sabaody archipelago couldve had a little more to it involving the sale of camie and the big marine fight in front of the auction house. I wouldve liked to see the 11 supernovas shown in a scene during the attack by kizaru and the pacifistas (well the other 9 at least)

those are my suggestions of what couldve been. I still absolutely love this game though, and cant wait for the next one piece game that will hit the US

Edited by luffybuggy

Hes not talking about gear second. Hes talking about the golden look that luffy has when he was fighting akainu near the end. The one where akainu sees ace's spirit fighting with luffy. BTW, you wouldnt have to read through enies lobby anyway because gear 2nd is shown in this game.

I was happy to see the game covered how everyone joined the crew (except zoro, brook, & usopp) The gameplay is fun and keeps true to dynasty warrior/musou style. Overall the game is very fun but couldve been so much better.

My changes wouldve been:

-The tutorial level didnt have to be the 2 year time skip on sabaody. It shouldve been when luffy fights the group of marines while zoro is tied up in shells town. (yea i know he takes em all out with gum gum whip but this is a game) That way zoro's joining is explained.

-Syrup village couldve been a straight up boss level like enies lobby's CP9 fight. Usopp and merry wouldve been explained more

-Loguetown couldve been an action level similar to Water 7. Youcould adventure around with each character since they all had something to do, then they would all have to escape in the end due to the marine raid

-Whiskey peak couldve been an action/boss level. You would have to defeat the 100 bounty hunters as zoro then a boss fight with luffy (sort of because nami interrupts) Then a boss fight with mr. 5 and ms. monday

-Little garden couldve been a boss fight against mr. 3 and ms. april fools day.

-Jaya couldve been an action level looking for the south bird, ending with a boss fight between luffy and bellamy (even though it was 1 punch then over)

-The biggest one i was disappointed with was when they took out Skypiea. That is saga couldve been a perfect musou level & action level combination. The musou would be the straw hat crew inside of the war between shandorians & eneru's soldiers. The level starts with luffy, sanji, and usopp vs satori. Then some cutscenes. Then the survival game begins. You help the shandorians fight the battle on varse. Then the end involves zoro vs ohm, chopper vs gedatz. The action level would involve luffy vs eneru (the one where he loses by being thrown off the maxim) Then you would have to adventure up back to the maxim and beat eneru.

-davy back fight couldve just been some fun extra minigames

-thriller bark couldve been a boss level or possibly action level.

-sabaody archipelago couldve had a little more to it involving the sale of camie and the big marine fight in front of the auction house. I wouldve liked to see the 11 supernovas shown in a scene during the attack by kizaru and the pacifistas (well the other 9 at least)

those are my suggestions of what could've been. I still absolutely love this game though, and cant wait for the next one piece game that will hit the US

I think that the main reason Thriller Bark was left out was because it would have been a little different to the game's style to fight oars, basically because he was so huge. Also, at the end when Moria "eats" all the shadows, he becomes pretty big as well, making it a weird fight. Shame though, because Thriller Bark was one of my favorite arcs, but at least I liked the way it was ignored.

As with the Sabody arc, I was expecting Trafalgar Law and Eustass the Kid to show up as uncontrollable allies that would aid you in fighting the marines, and maybe Kizaru's introduction with a small fight of him and Basil Hawkins and ending with him fighting Rayleigh (I think it was Hawkins).

In a way I was glad that it didn't include Luffy vs Hancock in the isle of woman, as that was kind of stupid and wouldn't have made too much sense without a better explanation of Kuma's powers, which would have required Thriller Bark.

As for the tutorial, I like your idea, but mine was playing as an extremely weak kid Luffy in Windmill Town (That's what I think it's called) where Luffy fights those mountain bandits and he get's beaten up pretty bad and then would end with Shank's saving him and giving him his hat. An extended tutorial could then include Luffy vs Battle Axe Morgan or even Alvidia allowing her to be included in the Roguetown level.

Personally, my greatest dissapointment was the choice to not include Smoker. Had they done Rogue town they could have included him in and allowed them to follow Luffy to Alabasta where another Ace level could have been included where he briefly fight's smoker, just to introduce Ace to people who haven't seen One Piece before, becaues in the game it doesn't really explain him too well.

All in all though I great game with an accurate story, definitely my favorite musou game.

Man when i 1st look at this game gameplay I said " this game gonna be like bleach soul resurreccion and other dynasty warrior games good but over time it going to be annoying to play and hard for me to plat" boy I was wrong eventhough it took me about 2weeks to get this game it was well wroth it. I got sat down played the 1st mission i see luffy fight this robot wasnt expsecting this QTE to show i was shock boy a Warrior's game that has a QTE this is good....the whole story mode has QTE( well i dont know if Walpo has any QTE I beat him to fast to even try lol there wasnt a tropy for him so I didn't care much) I love fight Arlong and how the fight was almost the same as the anime the only thing I didn't do was destory Nami maps I was to low on health....... and fight the vampire dood that had eattin the venom-venom fruit was a pain in the butt for me to the point that i had to play it on.....on.....easy and fighting Mihank while trying to get 1000 Kills in Chap 15 he reminded me of Lubu from Dynasty warrior that super boss i call with high def and atk -___- just a random question here how hard was it to defeat Mihank in the main log with luffy or did you run away and didn't get the 1000k.os? and the final fight that lava hand(in the anime im so far away from this episode I'm on episode 46 so yea this might be a stupid question) how the hell this dood made this lava hand with out a body in the game it just show you on the hand that just cool also dosen't Ace have the same power as Akainu or is it 2 different devil fruits.Another log i was a little disappointed about when there wasn't any QTE but how would they make a online mode to this game and they should've put everyone Another log there own story not make us play the same bored over and over and over again Chopper Nami Zoro Sanji usopp have level that the same that gets annyoing over a while but other then that I'm have fun with this game it even making me want to watch the anime to see the moments like Nami asking Luffy for help to defeat Arlong and Robin wanting to live(......btw does Hancock like Luffy???) and how Zoro got the cut on his eye plus does Luffy get more team members in his crew like Hancock or Jimbei or Mr.2( i still think he died from the graud from HELL) just another random question who your 3 favorite Character in One Piece my would be

#3.Zoro the right hand man in Luffy crew he a Tri-Swords men

#2.Nico Robin(I think she hotter then Nami) she found a reason to live in her life (I could be wrong about this im far away from CP9) she doesnt have a Dream but she has the WILLpower to live and see the world

and

#1Sanji 2 reason he kick major BUTT and FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD hhahahahahahahahahahahaha he make AWESOME food

just a random question here how hard was it to defeat Mihank in the main log with luffy or did you run away and didn't get the 1000k.os? and the final fight that lava hand(in the anime im so far away from this episode I'm on episode 46 so yea this might be a stupid question) how the hell this dood made this lava hand with out a body in the game it just show you on the hand that just cool also dosen't Ace have the same power as Akainu or is it 2 different devil fruits.Another log i was a little disappointed about when there wasn't any QTE but how would they make a online mode to this game and they should've put everyone Another log there own story not make us play the same bored over and over and over again Chopper Nami Zoro Sanji usopp have level that the same that gets annyoing over a while but other then that I'm have fun with this game it even making me want to watch the anime to see the moments like Nami asking Luffy for help to defeat Arlong and Robin wanting to live(......btw does Hancock like Luffy???) and how Zoro got the cut on his eye plus does Luffy get more team members in his crew like Hancock or Jimbei or Mr.2( i still think he died from the graud from HELL) just another random question who your 3 favorite Character in One Piece my would be

#2.Nico Robin(I think she hotter then Nami) she found a reason to live in her life (I could be wrong about this im far away from CP9) she doesnt have a Dream but she has the WILLpower to live and see the world

and

#1Sanji 2 reason he kick major BUTT and FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD hhahahahahahahahahahahaha he make AWESOME food

-Mihawk isn't very easy but he is manageable if you use your special attacks when possible. Personally, I used the triangle x3 combo, and when Mihawk was knocked down I ran away. Then I repeated the same, and used the Gum gum rifle attack whenever my gauge was full

-Ace and Akainu have different devil fruit powers. Ace ate the Mera Mera no mi, which allows him to turn his body into fire, but Akainu ate the Magu Magu no mi, which gives him the ability to turn his body into magma. Normally, the magma hand should be part of his body or maybe it was spawned from the lava pieces that fell after Luffy's gattling. Maybe someone else has a better explanation...

-Yes, Hancock likes Luffy or to be more precise, is in love with him. I like every single crewmember, but my most favourites are Zoro (no need to explain), Sanji (I don't know how to cook, but I love the ladies too) and Usopp (it's like a person from our world, was transfered to One Piece. No superpowers, lack of self esteem, but also a dream to become brave. You can't possibly hate him)

Continue watching the anime. It gets better and better!

Edited by NaughtyNoddy

-Mihawk isn't very easy but he is manageable if you use your special attacks when possible. Personally, I used the triangle x3 combo, and when Mihawk was knocked down I ran away. Then I repeated the same, and used the Gum gum rifle attack whenever my gauge was full

-Ace and Akainu have different devil fruit powers. Ace ate the Mera Mera no mi, which allows him to turn his body into fire, but Akainu ate the Magu Magu no mi, which gives him the ability to turn his body into magma. Normally, the magma hand should be part of his body or maybe it was spawned from the lava pieces that fell after Luffy's gattling. Maybe someone else has a better explanation...

-Yes, Hancock likes Luffy or to be more precise, is in love with him. I like every single crewmember, but my most favourites are Zoro (no need to explain), Sanji (I don't know how to cook, but I love the ladies too) and Usopp (it's like a person from our world, was transfered to One Piece. No superpowers, lack of self esteem, but also a dream to become brave. You can't possibly hate him)

Continue watching the anime. It gets better and better!

O i know the anime gets better but I need to endur the pain in the rear ;) and the right timing........but there my question does Hancock join the StrewHats Crew or no. and I dont like him as much as you do but Usopp is pretty cool with the traps he pulls off it just he lies to much to the point where he cry wolf and I'll kill him myself lol Ace is soo freaking awesome to die so early sigh they better not have some to type of lame way to bring him back to life like a devil fruit that bring the died back to life or 7 maps to the legendry dragon ;)

Man when i 1st look at this game gameplay I said " this game gonna be like bleach soul resurreccion and other dynasty warrior games good but over time it going to be annoying to play and hard for me to plat" boy I was wrong eventhough it took me about 2weeks to get this game it was well wroth it. I got sat down played the 1st mission i see luffy fight this robot wasnt expsecting this QTE to show i was shock boy a Warrior's game that has a QTE this is good....the whole story mode has QTE( well i dont know if Walpo has any QTE I beat him to fast to even try lol there wasnt a tropy for him so I didn't care much) I love fight Arlong and how the fight was almost the same as the anime the only thing I didn't do was destory Nami maps I was to low on health....... and fight the vampire dood that had eattin the venom-venom fruit was a pain in the butt for me to the point that i had to play it on.....on.....easy and fighting Mihank while trying to get 1000 Kills in Chap 15 he reminded me of Lubu from Dynasty warrior that super boss i call with high def and atk -___- just a random question here how hard was it to defeat Mihank in the main log with luffy or did you run away and didn't get the 1000k.os? and the final fight that lava hand(in the anime im so far away from this episode I'm on episode 46 so yea this might be a stupid question) how the hell this dood made this lava hand with out a body in the game it just show you on the hand that just cool also dosen't Ace have the same power as Akainu or is it 2 different devil fruits.Another log i was a little disappointed about when there wasn't any QTE but how would they make a online mode to this game and they should've put everyone Another log there own story not make us play the same bored over and over and over again Chopper Nami Zoro Sanji usopp have level that the same that gets annyoing over a while but other then that I'm have fun with this game it even making me want to watch the anime to see the moments like Nami asking Luffy for help to defeat Arlong and Robin wanting to live(......btw does Hancock like Luffy???) and how Zoro got the cut on his eye plus does Luffy get more team members in his crew like Hancock or Jimbei or Mr.2( i still think he died from the graud from HELL) just another random question who your 3 favorite Character in One Piece my would be

and

thats a strain on the eyes. lmao.

im glad to see you liked it. The game was very fun and is great to introduce people to this wonderful masterpiece of a series

I love all the strawhats, but here are my personal thoughts on my favorite one piece characters:

My all time favorite character is luffy. Hes the best character i can relate to with personality and stuff. check my name, check everything about me. I love luffy and one piece. haha

Second favorite would probably be zoro. He is a brute strength type of character who a bunch of my friends are similar to. His goals and the fact that he refuses to admit defeat makes him a very cool character

Third favorite character would probably be don quixote doflamingo. I dont really say this too much as a favorite, as I do really just a villain. Hes one of the seven warlords and seems to have control of so many things within the world of one piece. I find him always tellin a lot about the world of one piece, so i enjoy that, but not much else i like about him. haha

Nothing about what I said was incorrect. I know what scene in the game he's talking about. He mentioned having read the manga up through the war, so I said he should be familiar with gear 2nd as it was already introduced as of that point. Luffy never uses the king's haki to transform, it's a projection of energy similar to projecting swordsman's spirit in the kenshin world, not a sustained transformation like Gear 2nd. What they did is called creative license. They made up an alternate ending because well, the way the war really ends would be a pretty depressing end point for the game. There is no other transformation for Luffy, they just changed the color. As luffy would say, "Oh! So it's a mystery transformation. Ah, so ka." There, is that a clear enough explanation?

Nothing about what I said was incorrect. I know what scene in the game he's talking about. He mentioned having read the manga up through the war, so I said he should be familiar with gear 2nd as it was already introduced as of that point. Luffy never uses the king's haki to transform, it's a projection of energy similar to projecting swordsman's spirit in the kenshin world, not a sustained transformation like Gear 2nd. What they did is called creative license. They made up an alternate ending because well, the way the war really ends would be a pretty depressing end point for the game. There is no other transformation for Luffy, they just changed the color. As luffy would say, "Oh! So it's a mystery transformation. Ah, so ka." There, is that a clear enough explanation?

you dont have to explain one piece to me i know what happened. i know conquering king haki/haki color of the supreme king is simply the ability to bend the will of others. You just said "its not super saiyen youre thinking of the wrong series." Its obvious that super saiyen is DBZ, so im sure the person wasnt being serious. Then you went on to talk about gear 2nd out of nowhere. So i was responding to that, nobody knew what you meant. The ending of the game didnt end with ace though it ended with luffy's raid of marineford to ring nthe bell 16 times, then everybody saw the photo and understood. So what depressing ending are you talking about? :D

I think what he was trying to get at was that when luffy fight's akainu, ace shows up behind him much like goku does to gohan when he fires the massive kamehameha at cell.

Also, in english, ace at the flame-flame fruit (i think) and akainu the magma-magma fruit.

My favourite characters are:

Hawkeyes - there's something about his attitude and his swordsmanship

Kizaru - his power/personality

akainu - his power

I think what he was trying to get at was that when luffy fight's akainu, ace shows up behind him much like goku does to gohan when he fires the massive kamehameha at cell.

Yes, I used the term Super Saiyan because of this scene, and because it was a short way to describe the golden aura that appears around Luffy.

I'm quite sure it is intentional, if you read the manga you will know that Oda is a big fan of the dragonball series.

Oh yea you can tell he even draws inspiration for most of his ideas from DBZ too. That was so cool of him to dedicate that chapter (i think it was in volume 53) to Akira Toriyama. He made the page dark because it marked where dragon ball z had ended.

I have to double check my manga volumes but i do think it was volume 53. Im just not too sure which chapter since i never read DBZ, only watched

you dont have to explain one piece to me i know what happened. i know conquering king haki/haki color of the supreme king is simply the ability to bend the will of others. You just said "its not super saiyen youre thinking of the wrong series." Its obvious that super saiyen is DBZ, so im sure the person wasnt being serious. Then you went on to talk about gear 2nd out of nowhere. So i was responding to that, nobody knew what you meant. The ending of the game didnt end with ace though it ended with luffy's raid of marineford to ring nthe bell 16 times, then everybody saw the photo and understood. So what depressing ending are you talking about? :D

Why the hell are you answering for someone else. I wasn't responding to you in the first place. Yet you still feel the need to interject with your know it all bullshit. If you knew half as much as you pretend to about the series you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question, or maybe you're just trolling, either way, you are not worth any more of my time.

Oh yea you can tell he even draws inspiration for most of his ideas from DBZ too. That was so cool of him to dedicate that chapter (i think it was in volume 53) to Akira Toriyama. He made the page dark because it marked where dragon ball z had ended.

I have to double check my manga volumes but i do think it was volume 53. Im just not too sure which chapter since i never read DBZ, only watched

well One Piece does have some common things that dragon ball z has like Luffy he reminds me of Goku( do note i hate Goku I love his son Son Gohan :whistle: Just sayin hahaha XD ) how Luffy is kinda slow like goku and LOVE TO FIGHT strong people and i think the 1st time Luffy use Gear 2nd ageant Brono guy from CP9 Luffy was like goku in a way so yea Akira Toriyama had something that was his in one piece

Why the hell are you answering for someone else. I wasn't responding to you in the first place. Yet you still feel the need to interject with your know it all bullshit. If you knew half as much as you pretend to about the series you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question, or maybe you're just trolling, either way, you are not worth any more of my time.

Im not saying anything that makes me a know it all. Im saying what i know in response to what you said. I said i know about one piece and i know what haki is. YOU are the one who went off and started explaining gear 2nd and "haki is a projection of blah blah blah similar to kenshin and whatever" Then you explain everything as if everyone is an idiot. So maybe youre the know it all youre talking about. I wasnt interjecting into your comment or whatever, i was making a statement.

Nobody attacked you. Nobody is trolling. I didnt say anything that was supposed to be aimed at you personally. I dont know why youre mad but you need to relax because youre making an ass of yourself

well One Piece does have some common things that dragon ball z has like Luffy he reminds me of Goku( do note i hate Goku I love his son Son Gohan :whistle: Just sayin hahaha XD ) how Luffy is kinda slow like goku and LOVE TO FIGHT strong people and i think the 1st time Luffy use Gear 2nd ageant Brono guy from CP9 Luffy was like goku in a way so yea Akira Toriyama had something that was his in one piece

Yea i actually am a goku fan myself. lmao My friend loves gohan tho. I think youre right about gear 2nd. I always thought myself that gear 2nd was insipired by super saiyan and im glad to see others think so too. I like how oda kinda adapts some of toriyamas ideas and changes them into his own. He also is never afraid to admit when he has done it either. The constant praises and special tributes he pays towards DBZ is why hes such a great manga artist in my opinion

Edited by luffybuggy

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think this game will get a sequel? Story would be enough there to tell.

I hope so. The sagas that were left out kinda made me mad. I wouldve loved to see skypiea with a musou level based on shandorians VS eneru's guards & vassals

There also couldve been a few mini games to cover the davy back fight saga.

And the fact that thriller bark was left out was just criminal.

I guess you cant really blame the game though. It was only meant to cover how each straw hat got recruited. Thats why the lack of thriller bark kinda got me mad.

You should check my first post, I have a list of all the things I wouldve added to this game or at least some ideas.

You should check my first post, I have a list of all the things I wouldve added to this game or at least some ideas.

Mine would have been:

- Kuina: Flashback scene. You could easily make a battle between Zorro and the other kids and against Kuina and tell his background story. The story about Kuina is so sad.

- Little Garden

- Skypiea, Enel and Ruffy with his giant golden ball when he needs to climb up to Enel and fight him

- Logue Town, Gol D. Roger's story and the battle against Buggy where he wants to kill Ruffy and gets hit by lightning

- Thriller Bark: Obligatory

Generally I think the boss battles should have been way more spectacular with ending scenes or "between battle scenes" like Don Creek catching Ruffy in the iron net while Jeff says Ruffy cannot lose because he has an iron will and Arlong sinking Ruffy while Sanji needs to help him and all. And a time limit battle against Mr. 3 and Miss April's Fool to save Boogie, Woogie, Sanji, Zorro and Nami who are about to get sealed in wax.

Edited by Cetra

Mine would have been:

- Kuina: Flashback scene. You could easily make a battle between Zorro and the other kids and against Kuina and tell his background story. The story about Kuina is so sad.

- Little Garden

- Skypiea, Enel and Ruffy with his giant golden ball when he needs to climb up to Enel and fight him

- Logue Town, Gol D. Roger's story and the battle against Buggy where he wants to kill Ruffy and gets hit by lightning

- Thriller Bark: Obligatory

Generally I think the boss battles should have been way more spectacular with ending scenes or "between battle scenes" like Don Creek catching Ruffy in the iron net while Jeff says Ruffy cannot lose because he has an iron will and Arlong sinking Ruffy while Sanji needs to help him and all. And a time limit battle against Mr. 3 and Miss April's Fool to save Boogie, Woogie, Sanji, Zorro and Nami who are about to get sealed in wax.

who are boogie and woogie? You mean broggy & dorry the 2 giants? Im assuming you got some sort of accent cauz the spelling seems off for the characters? i dont have a problem with it im just curious

Im not sure if a kuina back story wouldve been necessary. Maybe it wouldve been nice for those intro speeches and the paragraphs before each level to explain kuina and all that, but a whole level based off it isnt needed. We didnt get one for belle mere, shanks, bachina, nico olvia, tom, or anybody like that.

little garden, skypiea, thriller bark, loguetown, etc. those wouldve been cool like i mentioned too

who are boogie and woogie? You mean broggy & dorry the 2 giants? Im assuming you got some sort of accent cauz the spelling seems off for the characters? i dont have a problem with it im just curious

I don't have any accent. I simply know the German version and the German names don't have the same spelling/pronounciation like Monkey D. Ruffy, Lysop, Lorenor Zorro, Puma D. Ace, Don Creek, Sir Krokodile, Jeff, Bon Clay, Boogie, Woogie, et cetera.

Im not sure if a kuina back story wouldve been necessary. Maybe it wouldve been nice for those intro speeches and the paragraphs before each level to explain kuina and all that, but a whole level based off it isnt needed. We didnt get one for belle mere, shanks, bachina, nico olvia, tom, or anybody like that.

Bellemere and Shanks are mentioned, however. And that is the difference. It shows some depth of Zorro's character and it is one of the saddest parts for me in One Piece. Generally more Zorro story with that Marine glasses swordswoman and the agent who is reason enough for Zorro to learn cutting through iron would have been really cool. Alabasta was very short anyway. The Alabasta part in the anime is as long as watching two characters powering up in Dragon Ball.

There are many funny and cute things in One Piece that could have been shown. You cannot show everything for sure. But at least some more to let the players feel "yes, that is One Piece" as good as possible. Like some mentioned before Captain Smoker was also not included. I love the scene when that little girl loses her ice cream on Smoker's pants and he gives her money for some new because "his pants seemed to be hungry for the ice cream" or when one pirate who went around with his girlfriend met Ruffy on the streets and threw some Berry in front of him while laughing at him because he should "buy some decent clothes for himself" like he said. And the best part of it was Ruffy just saying "Is that for me?!"

Edited by Cetra

I don't have any accent. I simply know the German version and the German names don't have the same spelling/pronounciation like Monkey D. Ruffy, Lysop, Lorenor Zorro, Puma D. Ace, Don Creek, Sir Krokodile, Jeff, Bon Clay, Boogie, Woogie, et cetera.

Bellemere and Shanks are mentioned, however. And that is the difference. It shows some depth of Zorro's character and it is one of the saddest parts for me in One Piece. Generally more Zorro story with that Marine glasses swordswoman and the agent who is reason enough for Zorro to learn cutting through iron would have been really cool. Alabasta was very short anyway. The Alabasta part in the anime is as long as watching two characters powering up in Dragon Ball.

There are many funny and cute things in One Piece that could have been shown. You cannot show everything for sure. But at least some more to let the players feel "yes, that is One Piece" as good as possible. Like some mentioned before Captain Smoker was also not included. I love the scene when that little girl loses her ice cream on Smoker's pants and he gives her money for some new because "his pants seemed to be hungry for the ice cream" or when one pirate who went around with his girlfriend met Ruffy on the streets and threw some Berry in front of him while laughing at him because he should "buy some decent clothes for himself" like he said. And the best part of it was Ruffy just saying "Is that for me?!"

Sorry I didn't really mean accent but rather that u prob watch or read it in a different language. That's bad wording on my part. Sorry bout that

Yea shanks and belle mere are mentioned but I meant they don't get a level for themselves

I was ok with alabasta vivi isn't really on the crew so her levels were a kind of lead up for robin joining too. I liked alabasta but not enough to ask more from this game. They did fine with it except ace couldve been mentioned. There are some very funny moments in the series. Some of my favs were the syrup village part before the battle where luffy, zoro, nami were like "I stretch. I cut. I steal." Then usopp is like "I run and hide" another was after the alabasta revolution luffy wakes up and finds he missed 3 days and he's like "3 days?! That's 15 meals I missed!" And the last one I'll mention is when they are trying to escape the marine base G8 and they are looking for the octopus balloon, then luffy pulls it out from his pants. Lmao