Online Rant

Xerios

Do other people utilize the mini map? seriously. i cant tell you how many times other people have let nakama die and fail the mission because they are off running in a complete other direction. subsequently i cant believe how many times people are running the complete opposite way of the boss while the boss is kicking the shit out of the AI to the point of killing them. And these arent noobs either they are higher level characters.. you should know how to play the game. Im in the US and dont read or speak a word of Japanese but i know how to play the game... and lastly how the hell do people run through doors before they open!

/rant

I figured that people running through closed doors was just a weird online delay. I've seen it a few times and many other people have as well. Makes me wonder how many times a door has opened for me and the other player was watching me go through a closed door and had to wait.

Do other people utilize the mini map? seriously. i cant tell you how many times other people have let nakama die and fail the mission because they are off running in a complete other direction. subsequently i cant believe how many times people are running the complete opposite way of the boss while the boss is kicking the shit out of the AI to the point of killing them. And these arent noobs either they are higher level characters.. you should know how to play the game. Im in the US and dont read or speak a word of Japanese but i know how to play the game... and lastly how the hell do people run through doors before they open!

/rant

Tell me about it. I was very close to open such a thread myself because I'm just as much annoyed by it as you are. I can understand that some people are not quick because of slow internet connection and such. But being slow is something completely different from doing the exact opposite of what the objective says. And when someone walks the wrong direction then slow internet connection can't be a reason for that.

But what annoys me the most is when people from Japan, who should actually have no problems comprehending the objectives at all fail to complete, scratch that, fail to attempt any of them. I mean seriously, are they purpusely trying to screw other people's games up or are they just that dumb?[/rant]

Tell me about it. I was very close to open such a thread myself because I'm just as much annoyed by it as you are. I can understand that some people are not quick because of slow internet connection and such. But being slow is something completely different from doing the exact opposite of what the objective says. And when someone walks the wrong direction then slow internet connection can't be a reason for that.

But what annoys me the most is when people from Japan, who should actually have no problems comprehending the objectives at all fail to complete, scratch that, fail to attempt any of them. I mean seriously, are they purpusely trying to screw other people's games up or are they just that dumb?[/rant]

i was trying to power level boa (she was level 6 and i played on hard with someone from online zoro level 7) got all the way to kizaru with less than 1/10th of his health, and my partner was a FULL LEVEL whitebeard from japan. and the asshole did nothing and let cpu franky die.. i wanted to kick him or her in the dick. whitebeard is as overpowered as it gets, all he had to do was hit him, meanwhile if my weak boa got hit with kizaru's beam it took out 66% of my health so i had to be easy...

you are from japan and dont follow the objectives, wtf... im simply playing by the rule that if it blinks pink i should run to it and kill it, or if a big blue dot (my cpu's) are surrounded in a red area i rush to it and clear it out... not that hard folks

i was trying to power level boa (she was level 6 and i played on hard with someone from online zoro level 7) got all the way to kizaru with less than 1/10th of his health, and my partner was a FULL LEVEL whitebeard from japan. and the asshole did nothing and let cpu franky die.. i wanted to kick him or her in the dick. whitebeard is as overpowered as it gets, all he had to do was hit him, meanwhile if my weak boa got hit with kizaru's beam it took out 66% of my health so i had to be easy...

you are from japan and dont follow the objectives, wtf... im simply playing by the rule that if it blinks pink i should run to it and kill it, or if a big blue dot (my cpu's) are surrounded in a red area i rush to it and clear it out... not that hard folks

This is the exact same reason why I stopped attempting Zoro's Episode 7 with characters below level 20. I fought my way up to Kizaru and hold my ground against him well. But being at a lower level I cannot win a fight against him with just the life refils in his area so I need to get back to another area and refil my life there for the final round. But of course my dickhead partners are fighting somewhere totally different than I am so that when I'm gone Kizaru finishes off somebody of the AI Strawhats.

I really don't get how somebody can be so retarded as to not comprehend that. There's literally no benefit for people purposely losing a round so I don't know what their aim is. They can't be grinding for KO's as all the other fields are blue and in none of them there's red dots indicating opponents (otherwise the AI Strawhats would attack Kizaru).

I noticed however that players with the highest mp level that use Ace are usually the guys that browse through a level and want to finish Kizaru off in record time. If you want to level up your character by playing hard online search for such partners. I rarely backfires.

When I read the title, I thought what the hell could be wrong with the online. Except for Sanjis episode 7 with an underleveled characters all the missions are easy as pie (at least at easy/normal). So if those missions are already so easy by yourself there's no way you can fail if you don't have an idiotic ally who suicides. But such assholes always excist. Kind of reminds me of my days in Warcraft 3, you always had teammates who killed their own teammates.

And I can understand people suiciding when they see you're trying to powerlevel. Wouldn't do it myself but I can understand people getting annoyed by having an ally who is afc or just let you do all the work or so you can level their character. Not accusing anyone here of doing that.

I figured that people running through closed doors was just a weird online delay. I've seen it a few times and many other people have as well. Makes me wonder how many times a door has opened for me and the other player was watching me go through a closed door and had to wait.

Here I thought they were exploiting a :cross: bug since they every time I saw someone pulling it of he was spamming :cross:. But yeah you're thought does seem more reasonable.

Edited by mugiwara84

And I can understand people suiciding when they see you're trying to powerlevel. Wouldn't do it myself but I can understand people getting annoyed by having an ally who is afc or just let you do all the work or so you can level their character. Not accusing anyone here of doing that.

Well the thing I've experiened is that I do all the work and the others screw it up still. The only times when I do lesser work than my partners is when I have super awesome players as partners that clean the entire map in no time that I can't even remotely keep up. But you can still see me trying to be of help.

When I read the title, I thought what the hell could be wrong with the online.

Oh there's definitely something wrong with the online. It's the terrible difficulty problems. The only level I respectively we've encountered is that it's actually just Zoro's Episodes 6 and seven that you can play in normal and hard difficulty. For every other episode no of any other character no matter what difficulty you chose you'll always get easy in the end.

This by itself isn't that bad in terms of KOing your opponents quicker but the problem is you also get the xp and coin grade worthy of an easy difficulty. And that sucks big time because there's a limit as to how often I can play just Zoro's episodes 6 and 7.

Edited by Ivotas

Well the thing I've experiened is that I do all the work and the others screw it up still. The only times when I do lesser work than my partners is when I have super awesome players as partners that clean the entire map in no time that I can't even remotely keep up. But you can still see me trying to be of help.

Oh there's definitely something wrong with the online. It's the terrible difficulty problems. The only level I respectively we've encountered is that it's actually just Zoro's Episodes 6 and seven that you can play in normal and hard difficulty. For every other episode no of any other character no matter what difficulty you chose you'll always get easy in the end.

This by itself isn't that bad in terms of KOing your opponents quicker but the problem is you also get the xp and coin grade worthy of an easy difficulty. And that sucks big time because there's a limit as to how often I can play just Zoro's episodes 6 and 7.

yup. agree with your first part of the post.

Does that mean that if you do not agree with the second part of my post it's because you're not having those problems with the difficulty setting? I'm curious because everybody I've played together with had the exact same problems as me.:think:

nope i agree with that too i tested last night, played all the levels, sanji level 7 did get hard difficulty though, i know because i failed, kizaru is fuckin ruthless when it comes to my cpu's lol

Completely agree with this. I didn't get what was going on when we tried playing Marine Ford and it kept being easy even though I knew I was switching it to hard. I'm getting really sick of having to play the same levels so I can get the coin grade and high xp reward from playing on hard.

Ok, I just want to reconfirm for people who're trying to play the MP just for fun with randoms on hard: Don't play with anyone besides people of a rank of 99999 who are using either Ace, Whitebeard and maybe Luffy.

Almost everybody else sucks total ass on hard and it's always a matter of luck to find a decent player that doesn't fit the discription above. I lost so many rounds just because I thought I should give these guys a chance and they always screw around in different ways. It's really annoying so save yourselves the trouble and ditch those guys alltogether.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt and it drives me absolutely insane to have 10 minutes worth of progress wasted because the other player either didn't watch his health or because he thought that not running away with his level 15 character was a good idea.

I've saved the game way too many times to count but it's frustrating to have to worry about another player's character.

Tell me about it. Just today I was ignoring my own advice I've given above and almost each and every single time I've got the consquences of it smacked into my face. There's nothing more annoying then when you're this close to victory only to get a game over screen because the fucktard playing with you thinking it's a good idea to take down the boss with 1% health.

Seriously, I'm not giving anybody a chance anymore who's not playing with the powerhouses and doesn't have a level of 99999 (unless of course it's a fellow member of this forum). Heck, even if they have Zoro and Sanji I'm not giving them any chances anymore. Those were the ones disappointing me the most today.

Tell me about it. Just today I was ignoring my own advice I've given above and almost each and every single time I've got the consquences of it smacked into my face. There's nothing more annoying then when you're this close to victory only to get a game over screen because the fucktard playing with you thinking it's a good idea to take down the boss with 1% health.

Seriously, I'm not giving anybody a chance anymore who's not playing with the powerhouses and doesn't have a level of 99999 (unless of course it's a fellow member of this forum). Heck, even if they have Zoro and Sanji I'm not giving them any chances anymore. Those were the ones disappointing me the most today.

uhh wanna team up? lol are you still playing or did you plat?

uhh wanna team up? lol are you still playing or did you plat?

Sure. I'm still playing btw and I guess even after plat I'll be playing every now and then for fun and to help with coins.^^

Btw, since we're on the topic of online: Anybody else getting invitations to join games by random players? This happened to me quite a lot lately and the past three days I've always had several invitations in my inbox when I was just logging into PSN. Anybody else experiencing this?

Edited by Ivotas