Confirmed: One Piece coming exclusively to the PS3

Please keep all One Piece Chapter discussions in this thread.

http://images.saiyanisland.com/data/590/One-Piece-PS3.jpg

Game has been officially confirmed and is exclusive to the PS3:

Namco Bandai Games Japan, today, released an official press release for One Piece: Kaizoku Musou (One Piece: Pirate Warriors). We actually won’t post it here because it’s in Japanese, but you can head on over to Yahoo! Japan to check it out.

The press release starts off by announcing the game will published by Namco Bandai Games and developed by Tecmo Koei’s Omega Force team. It continues on to mention One Piece: Kaizoku Musou will be a PlayStation 3 exclusive game and gives a few sentences on how One Piece began in Shonen Jump as well as Namco Bandai and Tecmo Koei’s history in making video games.

It’s fairly standard press release type information for a new video game announcement. However, the news us fans may be most excited about is the last sentence. From our understanding of an elementary translation of Japanese, the game will be a combination of experience from Namco Bandai’s traditional RPG fighting games and Tecmo Koei’s Warriors games with the goal of creating a work that expands the One Piece fan base. In other words, a One Piece game that combines fighting, RPG, and hack-and-slash action adventure into one! Again, this is from our understanding so it may very well be 100% wrong, and just our wishful biases and desires kicking in. The press release may actually just simply be saying that the two companies are combining their experience of creating video games in order to make a great One Piece game.

Whatever the case, the official label is One Piece: Kaizoku Musou is an action game. Unsurprisingly (and probably unfortunately for our wishful desires), Namco Bandai and Tecmo Koei’s other Dynasty Warrior-related games carry the same label.

More, official information along with a video is expected to be released at the 2011 Tokyo Game Show on September 17-18.

Source

Edited by EEHHHHHH

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please oh please oh please oh please let this be true I don't care if they don't give it to us from the beginning of the series we can always go back. Just hope it's not a fighter I love fighters but DBZ got me tired of anime fighters something like FMA would be awesome.:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf-DWvN0iUA]Fullmetal Alchemist PS2 - YouTube[/ame]

So we have Naruto, a Bleach game, and now a One Piece game? Now we just need a Reborn game, and our collection's complete :D.

Well what we need now is a Bleach fighter, a Bleach hack and slash didn't quite do it for me lol. What would really make my collection happy is a PS3 console release of a Yu-Gi-Oh! game ... I would forever be happy (for that month).

Oh happy day! I hope this happens!

But by the name of it its for sure going to be similar to Dynasty Warriors (like the gundam version) which will be hack and slash for sure but I don't mind as long as there is a OP game :D

Well not necessarily since like look at Shin Koihime Musou. The gameplay is nothing like Dynasty Warriors(but that's more because Koei is not involved with that series).

Also the Fist of the North Star game which is like another anime-based spin-off for the Dynasty Warriors series which is more like a beat 'em up game.

So it's really anyone's guess on what the gameplay will be like until we get confirmation.

Edited by Shuffle

I don't have any doubts that it will be good. Perhaps not mindblowing but definitely good as Namco Bandai so far seemed to know their One Piece.

Btw different question, if there would be DLC's at some point I would imagine that you would need an Japanese PSN account to download them right? I know that it's quite early to ask that but since this is OP I want to make sure to be able to download additional content if there will be any.^^

I don't have any doubts that it will be good. Perhaps not mindblowing but definitely good as Namco Bandai so far seemed to know their One Piece.

Btw different question, if there would be DLC's at some point I would imagine that you would need an Japanese PSN account to download them right? I know that it's quite early to ask that but since this is OP I want to make sure to be able to download additional content if there will be any.^^

If you plan on importing the game from Japan, then yes you'll need a Japanese PSN account and a Japanese PSN card to purchase the DLC if they're not free. Japanese PSN cards can be bought at the Play-Asia.com store with a choice of 1000 yen, 3000 yen, and there's also a 10,000 yen card. If you're hoping for an English version, and plan to buy that version instead, then no. If there's no DLC at all, then well obviously not.

Basically with DLC, you just have to buy it(or just download it if it's free) from whichever region your copy of the game is from.

I'd be happy for any kind of One Piece game. However, I'd much prefer a game similar to Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 from Luffy departing from his hometown up to the time-skip (would be one massive game) then a One Piece game similar to the Dynasty Warriors: Gundam / Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage.

I enjoyed NS:UNS 2 a lot more then the latter ones though don't get me wrong. I still enjoyed the DW:G series and FNS quite a lot. Well DW:G 3 was quite disappointing since I actually found DW:G 2 better :p. (Really where were my space battles? And I don't mean in silos, I mean floating in space like DW:G 2)

But seriously, the QTE battles in NS:UNS2 >>> almost everything in DW:G and FNS. The only thing that comes close are DW:G extra movies. Those QTE battles are a lust for the eye that shame even Naruto's anime. And if I could kick Crocodile in the air and finish him with a Gomu Gomu no Storm I'd be the happiest guy on the planet. Going gear second and do a Gomu Gomu no Jet Storm on Luci would be a close second.

Edited by mugiwara84

EHHHHHHHHHHHH?!

Probably the best thing I've heard in a while :D

I have to agree with mugi though. They did such a great job with Ultimate ninja storm 2, I really hope the big fights will be of the same style/quality. If they're going to crop everything up to the new world in 1 game it probably won't be like it though :( Nevertheless I'm really looking forward to it!

If you plan on importing the game from Japan, then yes you'll need a Japanese PSN account and a Japanese PSN card to purchase the DLC if they're not free. Japanese PSN cards can be bought at the Play-Asia.com store with a choice of 1000 yen, 3000 yen, and there's also a 10,000 yen card. If you're hoping for an English version, and plan to buy that version instead, then no. If there's no DLC at all, then well obviously not.

Basically with DLC, you just have to buy it(or just download it if it's free) from whichever region your copy of the game is from.

Thanks for the info. And yes, I definitely plan to import it since I prefer my One Piece untouched by official translators.^^

Good to know that I can get the cards via Play-Asia. Those coupons I have might turn out to come in handy.^^ Now I just have to browse these forums to find out how exactly to establish a Japanese PSN account without any troubles for me.

A few clarifications:

The OPM redirect link is a placeholder website for the TBA title. OPM literally translates to One Piece Musou, hence the rumor that the game will feature DW style gameplay.

The game is apparently being developed by Koei's Omega Force division judging from this screenshot.

Anyway, Andriasang has confirmed, thanks to some leaked scans, that the game is indeed a reality. Release date has been listed as TBA.

http://images.saiyanisland.com/data/590/One-Piece-PS3.jpg

Sunnygrg has been kind enough to dig up the leaked trailer for the game :whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCFO2Nk6DDE]One Piece Kaizoku Musou PS3 Trailer[/ame]

Edited by EEHHHHHH

I was about to say the same thing but the whistle emoticon seems to indicate that Sunny was just joking.

Should've payed more attention to the emoticon then the video :facepalm: . Well I hope it at least made some people aware of the new OP 3D movie who didn't knew of it yet and who the joke went for over their head (also).

Should've payed more attention to the emoticon then the video :facepalm: . Well I hope it at least made some people aware of the new OP 3D movie who didn't knew of it yet and who the joke went for over their head (also).

The whole 3D thing is an insult to One Piece. If the Animes would now be made like that then it's the end of them for me.

Game has been officially confirmed and is exclusive to the PS3:

Namco Bandai Games Japan, today, released an official press release for One Piece: Kaizoku Musou (One Piece: Pirate Warriors). We actually won’t post it here because it’s in Japanese, but you can head on over to Yahoo! Japan to check it out.

The press release starts off by announcing the game will published by Namco Bandai Games and developed by Tecmo Koei’s Omega Force team. It continues on to mention One Piece: Kaizoku Musou will be a PlayStation 3 exclusive game and gives a few sentences on how One Piece began in Shonen Jump as well as Namco Bandai and Tecmo Koei’s history in making video games.

It’s fairly standard press release type information for a new video game announcement. However, the news us fans may be most excited about is the last sentence. From our understanding of an elementary translation of Japanese, the game will be a combination of experience from Namco Bandai’s traditional RPG fighting games and Tecmo Koei’s Warriors games with the goal of creating a work that expands the One Piece fan base. In other words, a One Piece game that combines fighting, RPG, and hack-and-slash action adventure into one! Again, this is from our understanding so it may very well be 100% wrong, and just our wishful biases and desires kicking in. The press release may actually just simply be saying that the two companies are combining their experience of creating video games in order to make a great One Piece game.

Whatever the case, the official label is One Piece: Kaizoku Musou is an action game. Unsurprisingly (and probably unfortunately for our wishful desires), Namco Bandai and Tecmo Koei’s other Dynasty Warrior-related games carry the same label.

More, official information along with a video is expected to be released at the 2011 Tokyo Game Show on September 17-18.

Source