XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 09-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
ZOLANTON

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   The Silver Lining   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Word of Mouth - Bronze   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Silver   Rockets Must Have Died   A+ Thread Award   Bronze Submission   Bright Idea!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Give me this and I can happily die after I play it.

GIVE MY ONE PIECE GAME NOOOOW.

I still praise the sun!!
ZOLANTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #12
Ivotas

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I don't have any doubts that it will be good. Perhaps not mindblowing but definitely good as Namco Bandai so far seemed to know their One Piece.

Btw different question, if there would be DLC's at some point I would imagine that you would need an Japanese PSN account to download them right? I know that it's quite early to ask that but since this is OP I want to make sure to be able to download additional content if there will be any.^^

Ivotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #13
Shuffle

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batumba View Post
I don't have any doubts that it will be good. Perhaps not mindblowing but definitely good as Namco Bandai so far seemed to know their One Piece.

Btw different question, if there would be DLC's at some point I would imagine that you would need an Japanese PSN account to download them right? I know that it's quite early to ask that but since this is OP I want to make sure to be able to download additional content if there will be any.^^
If you plan on importing the game from Japan, then yes you'll need a Japanese PSN account and a Japanese PSN card to purchase the DLC if they're not free. Japanese PSN cards can be bought at the Play-Asia.com store with a choice of 1000 yen, 3000 yen, and there's also a 10,000 yen card. If you're hoping for an English version, and plan to buy that version instead, then no. If there's no DLC at all, then well obviously not.

Basically with DLC, you just have to buy it(or just download it if it's free) from whichever region your copy of the game is from.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #14
mugiwara84

Awards Showcase THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Bronze Road Map Submitter   2,500 Posts   2012 PS3T FIFA Champion   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Silver   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

I'd be happy for any kind of One Piece game. However, I'd much prefer a game similar to Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 from Luffy departing from his hometown up to the time-skip (would be one massive game) then a One Piece game similar to the Dynasty Warriors: Gundam / Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage.

I enjoyed NS:UNS 2 a lot more then the latter ones though don't get me wrong. I still enjoyed the DW:G series and FNS quite a lot. Well DW:G 3 was quite disappointing since I actually found DW:G 2 better . (Really where were my space battles? And I don't mean in silos, I mean floating in space like DW:G 2)

But seriously, the QTE battles in NS:UNS2 >>> almost everything in DW:G and FNS. The only thing that comes close are DW:G extra movies. Those QTE battles are a lust for the eye that shame even Naruto's anime. And if I could kick Crocodile in the air and finish him with a Gomu Gomu no Storm I'd be the happiest guy on the planet. Going gear second and do a Gomu Gomu no Jet Storm on Luci would be a close second.

Last edited by mugiwara84; 09-01-2011 at 02:06 PM.
mugiwara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #15
Swrinny

Send a message via Skype™ to Swrinny

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   Community Gaming Event Silver   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Helping Hand   Bronze Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

EHHHHHHHHHHHH?!

Probably the best thing I've heard in a while

I have to agree with mugi though. They did such a great job with Ultimate ninja storm 2, I really hope the big fights will be of the same style/quality. If they're going to crop everything up to the new world in 1 game it probably won't be like it though Nevertheless I'm really looking forward to it!
Swrinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #16
Ivotas

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
If you plan on importing the game from Japan, then yes you'll need a Japanese PSN account and a Japanese PSN card to purchase the DLC if they're not free. Japanese PSN cards can be bought at the Play-Asia.com store with a choice of 1000 yen, 3000 yen, and there's also a 10,000 yen card. If you're hoping for an English version, and plan to buy that version instead, then no. If there's no DLC at all, then well obviously not.

Basically with DLC, you just have to buy it(or just download it if it's free) from whichever region your copy of the game is from.
Thanks for the info. And yes, I definitely plan to import it since I prefer my One Piece untouched by official translators.^^

Good to know that I can get the cards via Play-Asia. Those coupons I have might turn out to come in handy.^^ Now I just have to browse these forums to find out how exactly to establish a Japanese PSN account without any troubles for me.

Ivotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #17
sunnygrg

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   A+ Thread Award   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission

A few clarifications:

The OPM redirect link is a placeholder website for the TBA title. OPM literally translates to One Piece Musou, hence the rumor that the game will feature DW style gameplay.

The game is apparently being developed by Koei's Omega Force division judging from this screenshot.

Anyway, Andriasang has confirmed, thanks to some leaked scans, that the game is indeed a reality. Release date has been listed as TBA.

Sunnygrg has been kind enough to dig up the leaked trailer for the game

Last edited by sunnygrg; 09-02-2011 at 08:37 AM.
sunnygrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #18
Ey3Spie...

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze

Ooh, a One Piece game. This should be interesting. Being one who watches One Piece (and still continuing), I'm pretty sure this game is gonna be awesome. Hopefully it will come either 2012 or 2013.

In memory of Salvation's artwork!!
Ey3Spie... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #19
leokiko

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts

Thanks sunny....

I'm so...freaking...happy.

GO READ ONEPUNCH-MAN's MANGA: http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/onepunch-man-r7139
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #20
mugiwara84

Awards Showcase THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Bronze Road Map Submitter   2,500 Posts   2012 PS3T FIFA Champion   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Silver   Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygrg View Post

Sunnygrg has been kind enough to dig up the leaked trailer for the game

One Piece Kaizoku Musou PS3 Trailer
That's not the trailer. That's a movie that recently been released.

One Piece 3D: Strawhat Chase - Watch One Piece 3D: Strawhat Chase Online

mugiwara84 is offline   Reply With Quote