Praise Farming

pikachugirl2

Working on the trophy for maxing out everything with praise. Currently have maxed everything except for missing one single Solar Energy unit of health.

I've done the vast majority of sidequests in this game (though not all) and I'm bouncing around between the Devil Gate Trials and cleaning up some of the remaining trophies (Fish Tome, God Techniques, catching up on some Stray Beads, angrily growling at the Kai race) yet can't seem to find a good source of 300+ Praise without scouring the map.

I still have a few ferry missions in Sei-An City that are possible (30 praise a pop if you're quick, 15 if you're a bit slow, from what I've heard), and I just did the 50 Praise snowball sidequest this morning in Wep'keer. Any major Praise sources I'm missing out on here?

Note: My Animal Tome is finished and I've 100%ed 3/4 of all of the animals themselves anyway. I've also grabbed practically every freaking clover in existence by now. Halp.

• 8 years later...

I followed the Checklist (provided by Adam aka Atom Balm) in this forum and still have to visit the arc and do one last Devil Gate trial and I am sitting on 1,028 surplus praise points with Solar Energy, Ink Pot, Astral Pouch and the Purse already maxed out.  I suspect a set of Sun Fragments had been missed.  There are also plenty of well hidden trees to bloom and optional side quests which are not mentioned in trophy guides.  Ending up more than a thousand extra praise surely mean I must be doing something right. What is certain though is that following a checklist will make sure we get all the praise points needed.

So to anyone new to the game and/or are just about to play it - a proper, tried and tested checklist is your best friend.  You would be nuts going about Okami without one as there is a lot of backtracking in the game that needs to repeatedly revisit previously explored areas again.

Edited by Naps