• 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

50-55.JPG

Collected Estimated Platinum Length*

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards platinum.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving platinum.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Please feel free to elaborate on your own experiences by posting below.

*Collected time compiled using base average for each range (i.e. a vote for 0-5 hours = 2.5, 36-50=42.5, etc)

Edited by sweett310

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It was my first time playing through this game. I used the guide for the missable trophies, but not much else. I just wanted to play through the game at my own pace and then clean up all collectibles at the very end. It took me approximately 75 hours. It was all mostly enjoyable right up to the fishing tome where it became mind-numbingly boring.

• 7 months later...

About 60 hours for me, though that's the in-game clock and there were a few times when I left the game sit on doing nothing for a bit. I played it, including pretty much everything required for the platinum, on the Wii a few years ago and logged close to 100 hours there, although that included a lot of just messing around as I really enjoyed the world. Definitely not a short platinum even if you know exactly what you're doing, but totally worth it.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My stats for anyone concerned:

Play time: 49 hours, 38 minutes, 10 seconds

Days Passed: 106

Saves: 100

Deaths: 0 (Cherry Blossom rank)

Enemies defeated: 957 (Cherry Blossom rank)

Money gained: 6,890,210 Yen (Cherry Blossom rank)

Demon Fangs found: 534 (Cherry Blossom rank)

Praise Earned: 6,379 (Cherry Blossom rank)

Edit: This is just to show what stats did and didn't carry over to a new game, also for anyone interested:

Solar Energy, minus what was earned from sun fragments

All ink pots

All Astral Pouches

Full Wallet, with yen from last game and all slots

All my praise I had at end of the game

All items

Most of my weapons, but not all

Some equipment, like String of Beads (From all stray beads), Wood mat, Gold Ink Pot

Animal %s reset to 0

No sun fragments

Edited by rvdizecw420
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

it took me around 75 hours but that included alot of messing around and leaving sometimes the controller to go check on something so i'll say around 60 hours should be a fair estimate. Its a great game and i am still 325 praises short on getting the platinum but should get it later today on my new game plus in no time.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like there are two others who had voted over 100+ hours! Clocked a total of 145 hours. Followed Atomic Balm's Checklist and treated it as my walkthrough guide... worked like a charm. Click HERE to see the screengrabs as they speak for themselves.  What a magnificent game and devs and publishers nowadays don't make them like they used to - a game with so much content, released without bugs and no bits chopped off to be sold as a Season Pass.  Took 1 week and 5 days to complete, time well spent and I can't say I didn't have tremendous fun playing Okami.

Now I want a proper remaster (customisable text/dialogue options please) on the PS5 using haptic feedback and the works and of course a new stack of trophies!  

Edited by Naps