Platinum Difficulty Rating

ShadowAFC

Rate the trophy difficulty  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.60

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Labartu

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting 4.

Blockhead Grande can be a pain if you don't have eidonic memory. Use a camera to record his spots and replay it, repeating if necessary in order to beat him.

The Kusa 5 and Devil Gates are tough battles if you aren't well stocked on vengeance slips and healing items, aswell as the Golden Ink Pot obtained for 100 Demon Fangs from the Emperor in Sei-an.

The races with Kai, Ida and Hayate will take retries and a bit of luck.

Collectibles will take some time, not too much. A lot can be picked up by simply being observant.

All in all the game is easily 2.5/ if you have previous experience with the Wii or PS2 versions. For newcomers I consider 3.5/4 more accurate. This game should not be missed.

In the absence of some type of video recording device, 6/10, because Blockhead Grande. Seriously, though, I doubt anybody with a PS3 doesn't at least have a smartphone or a computer with a camera, so I'd put difficulty at a 2/10 for newcomers, and 1/10 for Okami faithful. Time investment is really the only major obstacle.

I was leaning more to a 2 until I got to Blockhead Grande, the last of the 3 special Demon Gate thingies, and the fishing minigame, which all bumped it up to a 3 for me. None of them are particularly difficult, but they can be rather frustrating (e.g., I caught 11 supreme tuna and 5 marlins before finally catching a damn oarfish in Kamui). All of the main-game stuff if absolutely *dirt* easy.

Never played the game on PS2 or Wii, if that matters.

Gave it a 2. This game is practically deprived of any challenge or difficulty. The Devil Gates in the trial caves could have been tough but you come stocked with vengeance slips... so yeah.

I haven't even seen what happens when you lose all your hp.

Voting 4.

Blockhead Grande can be a pain if you don't have eidonic memory. Use a camera to record his spots and replay it, repeating if necessary in order to beat him.

that is a good tip because everyone has some method to record be it a digital camera, webcam, ps vits, 3ds all work well

i used my vita

i voted 3 because most trophies are handed to you for beating a boss or earning a brush stroke

very few actually take effort (like fishing that takes patience)

Relatively easy platinum, but oh so enjoyable. There are some tricky parts - like fishing, for example - be prepared for several failed frustrating fishing incidents before you get the hang of it. Several of the beads are ridiculously hard to find without a guide. Digging game can be a pain if you dont pay attention to the rules, like me (played it for almost an hour before figuring out that I can use Gale technique to avoid spikes =\). But other than that it is easy.

5 for difficulty.

10 for enjoyment.

Voted it a 4. Thoroughly enjoyable game. There are a few hard/annoying parts in order to get the platinum such as the devil gates, fish tome, and a couple missable things. I will be getting the plat within the next day or so. I have all the requirements, but just need to go through the point of no return and complete it.

One of favorites back in PS2, now on PS3. The only trophy people could miss, is "No furball on the Menu", since you might completely ignore the fact, that you can run away from Water Dragon after the sunken ship (I made a lily pad, and blow the wind like crazy). The rest quite easy. The game is easy enough with auto revive astral pouches. The only difficult part was the demon gate gauntlet, but it's still manageable. Overall, 3/10 from me.

• 4 weeks later...

Loved getting this plat, this whole game is a joy to play. It's a relatively relaxing plat, but I voted a 4 without a guide for the few missable trophies and the couple of frustrating beads (e.g. fishing tome and hunting down those beads), plus I was always worried about not earning enough Praise (although I shouldn't have -- ended up with 800+ to spare by endgame).

If you are diligent about using a checklist from the beginning, then this would be a 3 or even a 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...