Missable Trophies

Ozymandias

So far in my progress I've noted three missables.

First is the Bronze 'No Furball on the Menu', which takes place as you're trying to swim away from the Sea Dragon following the Ghost Ship area. My advice is to have a save ready and free before boarding just in-case (Rao area, remember!).

Secondly is the Bronze 'From Imps to Demons', one monster is missable. The Fire Doom Mirror in the Emperor's Palace in Sei-an as you're microscopic in size. I've heard some rumours that it can be fought in post-game at a Devil Gate along North Ryoshima Coast, I have not yet confirmed that, though. So for those wanting to be safe, it is found shortly after you earn 'Kasugami' ("Learn how to use Veil of Mist") and climb your way up after seeing the sleeping Emperor. It will be within one of two Demon Scroll thingamajigs beneath the shadows of some overhead spiders.

The third is the Gold that's on everyone's mind - 'Barking Up the Cherry Tree', which a thread by user Tapps covers.

I'll try post more as I go along if I see, with possible solutions unless others post already.

Edited by Ozymandias

Speaking of escaping the water dragon without being swallowed... what the hell are you supposed to do? I've tried three times now, each time going in a different direction and using lily pads, but each time I've been swallowed within about 5 seconds of the cutscene ending. And you only get one shot each time. And you have to wade through about 7 minutes of cutscenes and other BS every time you reload. And there are no guides online for this because there was absolutely no reason to do this in the PS2 and Wii versions of the game.

Also, in order to avoid having to re-do the entire sunken ship if you screw up, go back and save right after you use the canon (before you go in the locked room behind the canon). This is the last point you can save before the water god segment.

EDIT: OK, I finally found a video showing how to do this (skip to right near the end):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vk7Q40z8sI]Okami - Escape the Water God Without Being Swallowed[/ame]

For some reason, if you just swim directly away from him at the start, he gets bored of chasing you and leaves you alone.

Edited by JFryes

Speaking of escaping the water dragon without being swallowed... what the hell are you supposed to do? I've tried three times now, each time going in a different direction and using lily pads, but each time I've been swallowed within about 5 seconds of the cutscene ending. And you only get one shot each time. And you have to wade through about 7 minutes of cutscenes and other BS every time you reload. And there are no guides online for this because there was absolutely no reason to do this in the PS2 and Wii versions of the game.

Also, in order to avoid having to re-do the entire sunken ship if you screw up, go back and save right after you use the canon (before you go in the locked room behind the canon). This is the last point you can save before the water god segment.

EDIT: OK, I finally found a video showing how to do this (skip to right near the end):

For some reason, if you just swim directly away from him at the start, he gets bored of chasing you and leaves you alone.

thx for the video it helped :applause:

The three you've got listed are the only missable ones.

No Furball On The Menu: I would reccommend getting the double jump first, then when the Water Dragon is chasing you, take an Inkfinity Stone and make a lilly pad, beneath you. Jump as far as possible (double jump + air dash) then draw another lilypad beneath you and repeat until you reach the shore.. The inkfinity stone may or may not be needed based on how many inkpots you have.

From Imps to Demons: The only missable enemy is the Fire Doom Mirror. It can be found [spoiler=ethgr]In the same room as the emperor when you are tiny. There is an enemy scroll with the Fire and Ice Doom Mirrors. Fight them before you go inside the emperor.

Barking Up The Cherry Tree: Pretty much the only thing you've got to worry about here are the deaths, but even that isn't really an issue. I finished with 0 deaths, and never even used a single astral pouch. The yen should come without trying (I finished with over 6 million total, and I never farmed money.) The Demon Fangs will take some farming. Just get the Golden Fury technique and pee on all the enemies you see for a while. The enemies will come without even trying (I finished with several hundreds over the total.)

The three you've got listed are the only missable ones.

From Imps to Demons: The only missable enemy is the Fire Doom Mirror. It can be found [spoiler=ethgr]In the same room as the emperor when you are tiny. There is an enemy scroll with the Fire and Ice Doom Mirrors. Fight them before you go inside the emperor.

Thats exactly the one Ive missed.... tough shit...

Does anyone know if I can just start new game+ and rush there and the bestiary will still work?

What about the clay warriors... Like the flying one, isn't that one missable?

Edited by Dropeti

Does anyone know if I can just start new game+ and rush there and the bestiary will still work?

Yeah I'm pretty sure the bestiary carries over NG+.

As for the Clay Flyer:

[spoiler=thygr]

After defeating each of the bosses aboard the Ark a Demon Scroll will appear in each room where the boss previously was. I forget exactly which room it was, but one of them will produce a Clay Flyer as an enemy.

Courtesy of GameFAQs. Didn't check it personally though. As for the other Clay guys, they are in the Kamui Devil Gate Trial Cave, so they aren't missable.

Edited by T_l_M_B_0

I'm pretty sure it carries on over. Don't hesitate to finish everything in the game too, especially all the Stray Beads. You get an item that basically makes the game a speedrun! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, it helped, got the trophy finally:dance:

First is the Bronze 'No Furball on the Menu', which takes place as you're trying to swim away from the Sea Dragon following the Ghost Ship area. My advice is to have a save ready and free before boarding just in-case (Rao area, remember!).

Secondly is the Bronze 'From Imps to Demons', one monster is missable. The Fire Doom Mirror in the Emperor's Palace in Sei-an as you're microscopic in size.

The third is the Gold that's on everyone's mind - 'Barking Up the Cherry Tree', which a thread by user Tapps covers.

@your comment on "No Furball on the Menu": i can also say use lily pads and double jump/dash (wait untill your halfway decended before the second jump and almost at the water before you dash

create a lily pad and repeat

there is a bombable wall behind the dojo at water level [psst, bombs float] (when you enter the dragon seems to stop the chase and the trophy pops when you reach land) if you cant find it head for the dojo, its closer than shore but i was lost the dragon after 2 lily pads

@ From Imps to Demons there is another enemy in the gate it a clay flyer if i recall correctly (or another clay if not) you cannot log the monster using devil gate trials (i completed those and still had the 2 missing monsters)

@Barking Up the Cherry Tree just keep your astral pouch full and flora finish every enemy and anyone should be fine (it certainly gives you enough peaches)

i got all the trophies all except 2 or even warping all over the place on my first play through including all 100 stray beads which made the cleanup that much easier

I actually got this trophy on accident. I just swam as fast as I could (tapping X) and when I was about to run out of "swimming stamina" I used a lilypad. Before I even made it to the dojo island the music changed and the dragon was gone. Also, I changed my camera angle to look forward and not back at the dragon while I swam...if that's relevant.

About the demon fangs...I'm a little miffed I can't get demon fangs through the loading screens. In the PS2 version you have 2 different loading screens each with a chance to get at least 1 demon fang. Maybe they took it out for trophy reasons...:(

I actually got this trophy on accident. I just swam as fast as I could (tapping X) and when I was about to run out of "swimming stamina" I used a lilypad. Before I even made it to the dojo island the music changed and the dragon was gone. Also, I changed my camera angle to look forward and not back at the dragon while I swam...if that's relevant.

About the demon fangs...I'm a little miffed I can't get demon fangs through the loading screens. In the PS2 version you have 2 different loading screens each with a chance to get at least 1 demon fang. Maybe they took it out for trophy reasons...:(

I was wondering about the Demon Fang trick. I had read about it, but it doesn't seem to work.:mad:

• 4 months later...

maybe my post can be of help for some, even though the last post is quite old.. getting the 'No Furball on the Menu' trophy is actually a piece of cake and i'm surprised this method hasnt been mentioned yet, because the same method is to be used in the farry minigame or however it is called inside sei-an

just create 1 lilypad and then use wind to move forward

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Gonna try that wind trick, that dragon is impossible. I get straight on a lily pad, double jump then dash and land on another lily pad but before I can try again im already eaten...

What I did, was as soon as I was in control of Ammy, I went into brush mode, spun the camera around to face the beach and then rapidly pressed :cross: - I ran out of stamina and was teleported to the beach, the Water Dragon didn't even tough me, and the trophy popped.

Edited by RaineStryke

What I did, was as soon as I was in control of Ammy, I went into brush mode, spun the camera around to face the beach and then rapidly pressed :cross: - I ran out of stamina and was teleported to the beach, the Water Dragon didn't even tough me, and the trophy popped.

Hmm interesting. I retried it today coincidently using the wind trick and escaped no problem. Guess I was too slow in those first few seconds the first time I tried it.