Cherry Blossom Final Rankings

Tapps

I see a lot of people talking about you have to die less than 5 times to get the top ranking at the end of the game. I did some research on other sites and according to a gamespot message board you need to following:

"Q82: What do I need for S-ranking at the end of the game?

A:4 or less Game Over and Continues.

550 Enemies or more defeated.

4 Million or more yen (YES you can spend it, they count the TOTAL amount).

300 or more demon fangs (YES you can spend these)

4500 or more Praise (You can spend it)"

So unless the ps3 version is different it's actually 4 deaths. Hopefully no one beats the game with 5 deaths and then has to do it again because he/she had one too many.

"...less than 5 times". "...it's actually 4 deaths."

4 is less than 5. 4 or less is the same as saying less than 5.

I haven't looked into it, but is there a screen that shows you your totals for these things?

If you bought every move in the dojo (which you have to do for plat), every hidden spring hidden technique (which you have to do for plat), and a few weapons, that's probably more than 4.5 million yen. Maxing out your health, ink, etc. is more than 4500 praise. Buying the Golden Ink Pot, Fog Pot, Water Tablet, Peace Bell, and the cat thing (whatever it's called) is more than 300 fangs. Each one of the three Devil's Gates trials has about 100 enemies in them (~300 total) and they're replayable.

Sweet! Thanks for the info. The only thing that I haven't figured out is how to get demon fangs.

There are (at least) two ways: either purchase the ability that lets you urinate on enemies from a dojo (costs 100,000 yen). Urinating on an enemy gets you 1 demon fang.

The more common (and cheaper) method though is to use Floral Finisher. Once an enemy is killed, it does a death animation. Use a brush technique during this animation (early-game, this is usually Power Slash) and you'll get demon fangs.

Sweet! Thanks for the info. The only thing that I haven't figured out is how to get demon fangs.

I think what the the easiest way is when you kill an enemy, and this stays in the air. Just cut it in the air and you will get the demon fang.

If I die in battle but am immediately resurrected by an Astral Pouch, does anyone know if that counts as a death (toward the final ranking)?

I read that astral pouch does not count as a death. But I am not 100% certain.

I remember when i was playing this game I never died through my first playthrough. Currently i am over half way through and still have yet to die and I have only healed once. Its a really easy game and one of my favorite games of all time. I dont think this trophy is to much of an issue but posting the requirements again to refresh my memory is welcoming.

I just wrapped this up and can confirm that an Astral Pouch resurrection is not counted as a death in the Total Results.

Here were my final stats:

Play time: 43.75 hours

Deaths: 0 (even though I fell once in battle and was resurrected by an Astral Pouch)

Enemies Defeated: 750

Money Gained: 7763659

Demon Fangs Found: 767

Praise Earned: 7110

I'm interested also by Vince question.

Once I fell into "violet" impur water. Does that count as Death?

Or basically, death is only when you have "Continue" screen?

Nope, I fell a number of times and still ended up with 0 deaths on my record. I'm pretty sure you need to see the Continue / Game Over screen for it to count against you.

Nope, I fell a number of times and still ended up with 0 deaths on my record. I'm pretty sure you need to see the Continue / Game Over screen for it to count against you.

Awesome, thanks. I was worried I already had 2 deaths, but I'm still at 0 then :D

Well that's good news. Near the beginning of the game I didn't realise there was a limit to how long you can stay in the water and Ammy cried as she gasps for breath and then I was instantly put back to the shore. I just assumed that was a death.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you keep equipping the best gear and applying gold dust, you kill most normal enemies in a single combo. That's so fast you constantly get double the prize money out of the fight. Keep floral finishing get even more money.

With that tactic you make so much money (I made almost 10 million yen) you can carry around ridiculous amounts of Vengeance Slips, Inkfinity Stones and Steel Fist Sake to spam double damage, Veil of Mist while not getting hit at all in the harder fights. This way the bosses can't touch you either, not even in the Demon Gate Trials.

I got damaged less than ten times during the whole ~60h playthrough grinding out cash this way.

Is there anyway to check your stats before finishing the game?

Nope. What you can do, however, is have yourself buy every special item and skill at the vendors and dojos, and you know you're pretty close to the requirements both in money and demon fangs.

If you did all the manhunt quests, Demon Gate Trials and other challenges on your way to the endgame and did not specifically avoid enemies otherwise, you're pretty close to the defeated enemies requirement.

And the only "death" counted in the statistics is when you get a game over screen and need to retry/reload.

Finally, you will be told on numereous occasions when you are about to leave for a quest you cannot come back from. The final time this happens is far in the North. Back down from that question, and make a save just in case. If by some fluke you didn't make the requirements, farming them will not take long.