Plans for a Retail Release

Backlash24

Hey, just a quick question regarding this game. I know it is being sold on PSN, but at a 6GB download I was wondering if there were any plans that anyone knew about to bring it to disc format.

Thanks!

I don't know but would hope so, loved playing this on the PS2 still have my copy. Do not want to get a digital download either when Japan has a blu-ray I may import that.

After seeing the limited edition, I desperately want it, but the money will be a different matter. Might have to save up until after Christmas. I don't know why NA and EU don't get retail releases of great games?

Well there was also a collection of Resident Evil(Biohazard) games that had a retail release only released in Japan. NA and Europe only got it on the PSN Store.

Other HD collections are all available in retail. Though this isn't a HD Collection since it doesn't come with Okamiden even if that is a Nintendo DS game.

due to the way the game is named (in comparison to LBP2, ratchet clank all for 1, and other psn releases) on the XMB it should eventually have a physical release

im thinking this because LBP2 has "digital version", ratchet clank all for 1 has (digital) after it on the XMB and a disc release (i have the download version of this game) now some other PSN only releases dont have this:

• journey
  • sound shapes
  • flOw
  • record of agrest war
  • limbo
  • mushroom wars
  • Wipeout HD (with fury expansion)

Hey, just a quick question regarding this game. I know it is being sold on PSN, but at a 6GB download I was wondering if there were any plans that anyone knew about to bring it to disc format.

Thanks!

I seriously doubt it would be ever be released on disc in EU or NA again - for all its strong fanbase those fans were/are few. I wish it would I still have my ps2 copy and original strategy guide. I loved this game so much when it was first released.

Clover only made 2 games Okami and God Hand

• 3 weeks later...
due to the way the game is named (in comparison to LBP2, ratchet clank all for 1, and other psn releases) on the XMB it should eventually have a physical release

im thinking this because LBP2 has "digital version", ratchet clank all for 1 has (digital) after it on the XMB and a disc release (i have the download version of this game) now some other PSN only releases dont have this:

• journey
  • sound shapes
  • flOw
  • record of agrest war
  • limbo
  • mushroom wars
  • Wipeout HD (with fury expansion)

But Record of Agarest War had physical versions in europe and japan. So that doesnt sustain :|

I don't think we have ever a physical Okami HD in the west, but who knows maybe Capcom will do some other HD ports and some day they may announce a physical pack like when they sold Capcom Digital Collection in x360.

• 1 month later...
I've read that the Asian region retail version still requires you to install the game, making the physical format redundant.

I can confirm this (I have the Japanese disc version); you have to install the 8GB. So yeah, no advantage in importing the disc version besides having a physical copy on your shelf.

But even after installing you cannot start the game on its own, you stil need the disc to start the game.

Edited by AppleKratue

i love having discs/cases for my games. the one thing that irritates me about having a hard copy of a downloadable game is having to put the disc in the ps3 even though the game is on your hard drive. it seems completely redundant - if i have a physical disc, why does it all still have to take up hard drive space?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
PS3 games aren't locked. So it will work on any ps3

Really? I didn't know that. Cool. May have to see if I can still snag a collector's edition.

True, although a Vita release for that one would be a natural now.

This. Any word on if this will actually happen? It seems like with the paint aspect that porting to the Vita would be a no-brainer. Maybe that's what the upcoming Okami announcement will be? I'm torn between REALLY wanting this port and wanting a new Okami game...

Edited by phoenragon

• 2 weeks later...
I seriously doubt it would be ever be released on disc in EU or NA again - for all its strong fanbase those fans were/are few. I wish it would I still have my ps2 copy and original strategy guide. I loved this game so much when it was first released.

Clover only made 2 games Okami and God Hand

=O Did you forget about Viewtiful Joe?!

• 9 months later...
Okami HD won't be released on disc in NA and EU. You have to get the Japanese disc version, which supports English language as well according to Capcom. You can buy it for example from AmiAmi or PlayAsia. PlayAsia even has the Limited Edition.

So all editions of Okami HD have english!? Because so far the only ones I've seen on ebay are "the best of" editions and I hate greatest hits edition! :/

• 2 months later...

Don't know if your question has been answered yet, but yes, all the versions have english as language. Actually, the disc-game is identical to the download-version (it even installs 7GB of data) and is multi-language. It also features other localizations like french or german.

• 2 weeks later...