Any good guides for speedruns?

SoPoF

Personally, this is not the kind of game for which I consider having to speed through the levels is any fun. I wonder why they even included these medals, sort of breaks the game for me. (Well, playing the levels quickly does, of course, the game is still neat.)

That's why I don't want to work on quick strategies on my own and rather just follow some nice video guide.

I've come to the dam with my speed medals, any good guides from there on? I chekced youtube, but only found trailers for Okabu.

Like @P3hmo6 said, the speedruns you should focus on just getting through the level. The medals are cumulative, you don't have to get all of them in one go, you can play four separate times getting a different one each time if you want. What I recommend is two tries, the first time focus on how the level works, grabbing your cloudberries, eggs, and dozabots. While the level is still completely fresh in your mind and you know exactly how to do it, replay it and focus on speed, ignore everything to with the cloudberries and ignore the eggs. Likely you'll still kill a vast majority of the Dozabots on that run (because you have too). I did it this way and I finished all my second attempts (speed runs) with 200-300 seconds still left on the clock each time, so it should be very, very easy to do considering I had 3-5 minutes left to complete the level after finishing.

I already got them by now and, of course, I knew it's possible without a guide. I just didn't want to invest more time than necessary by having to find out the best order in which to do what in the levels ect.

When I posted this request, I wasn't aware yet I'd have to play through the game like twenty times anyways to grind the berries and bots. ;)

• 5 months later...

You can get all medals in some levels. Going back and replaying the levels I was able to speed through the Bust out Roki level with all medals on my second try nabbing all 4 medals + 100% on Karibu Valley in the process.

Generally though you should get cloudberries/doza/eggs in one run and speed in another. I am finding that most levels you can do speed/eggs though.

• 1 year later...

Is this going to be more annoying than the Tomb Raider time trials? I hope they're easier...

I did it this way and I finished all my second attempts (speed runs) with 200-300 seconds still left on the clock each time, so it should be very, very easy to do considering I had 3-5 minutes left to complete the level after finishing.

Dude, you make it sound so easy! And yet I still struggle being a few seconds short. :(

-----

EDIT: Somehow I was able to finish 2 out of the 4 chapters in a speed run. Though most of the time I barely made it. Fingers crossed I'll get to complete the remaining two soon... definitely AVOID collecting cloudberries and refrain from destroying dozabots that can be skipped. I'm pretty sure it's going to be harder in the last chapters - BUT I feel kinda optimistic after completing half of the bulk and earning the 1,000 dozabot kill and 10,000 cloudberries trophies.

EDIT 2: Finally finished all the speed runs and surprisingly it gets easier past Chapter 2 (which I thought was the challenging part in the entire game)... Chapter 1 was easy... Chapter 2 was a bit hard... Chapter 3 goes back to Chapter 1 easy-level... and Chapter 4 (last chapter) was suprisingly the easiest! I'm glad I got these out of the way...

Animuson was right from the very start :), sorry to ever have doubted you mate!

Edited by Naps