Platinum Trophy for Okabu

alx681

was reading this article on the ps blog confirming okabu will have a platinum trophy.. developers are finally learning, platinum trophy = more sales

i was already looking forward to this game as it is, seems like a good game to involve the wife in some gaming time.. having a platinum is a nice bonus..

here is the link

OKABU: The Co-op Adventure – PlayStation Blog

Have to agree.

I was gonna get Okabu at launch anyways, but it having a plat is like icing on the cake.

When PSN releases are higher than $9.99 I generally pass on them if they have no plat, Sega's new Renegade Ops is a perfect example, $14.99 for a whole 12 trophies and no plat, instant pass.

Where games like Spelunker HD ($9.99), Death Track Resurrection ($7.99), Anarchy Rush Hour ($7.99)...all the Alien Breed games ($9.99) even Dead Nation, all at (9.99)...with Plats.

Yet other games, some with virtually the same amount of content (play time required), even file sizes equal or bigger and more importantly, costing more $$$ dont have Plats...

I'm sticking to my pricing guide...

$9.99 or less and I consider buying a game purely based on the game itself.

$9.99 or less with a Plat, pretty much guarantees I'll buy it.

More than $9.99 with no Plat, it would have to be a damn near perfect and hella fun game to even get me to consider buying.

Have to agree.

I was gonna get Okabu at launch anyways, but it having a plat is like icing on the cake.

When PSN releases are higher than $9.99 I generally pass on them if they have no plat, Sega's new Renegade Ops is a perfect example, $14.99 for a whole 12 trophies and no plat, instant pass.

Where games like Spelunker HD ($9.99), Death Track Resurrection ($7.99), Anarchy Rush Hour ($7.99)...all the Alien Breed games ($9.99) even Dead Nation, all at (9.99)...with Plats.

Yet other games, some with virtually the same amount of content (play time required), even file sizes equal or bigger and more importantly, costing more $$$ dont have Plats...

I'm sticking to my pricing guide...

$9.99 or less and I consider buying a game purely based on the game itself.

$9.99 or less with a Plat, pretty much guarantees I'll buy it.

More than $9.99 with no Plat, it would have to be a damn near perfect and hella fun game to even get me to consider buying.

That's usually how I decide on my purchases as well. However, considering this game has a (P), and coop, I'm usually willing to shell out a little bit more.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXFq48akd1g]E3 11: Okabu gameplay - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not sure a platinum can convince me that I would enjoy this game...

It looks somewhat like a mix between intriguing, unique gameplay and a bad acid trip.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCoi6Gansd8]Okabu: Official Reveal Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by R353ARCH D35TROY

Woow 3 plat games for sale for ps+ member i'll buy psn card 50€ and buy ps+ + all these 3 plat games :)

QUESTION HELP ME: IN TRIAL IN OKABU I HAVE TROUBLE HOW THE FIRST GATE OF START CAN OPEN I CANT DESTROY X WALL WITH BOXES ETC HOW PLEASE HELP??

EDIT: I'm In trouble in full game upgraded game I'm now in 2nd level if I remember right.. help??

Edited by P3hmo6

QUESTION HELP ME: IN TRIAL IN OKABU I HAVE TROUBLE HOW THE FIRST GATE OF START CAN OPEN I CANT DESTROY X WALL WITH BOXES ETC HOW PLEASE HELP??

You have to dunk yourself in the the pool of oil that's to the left of the door, then make a trail of oil from door to the nearby fire.

This game looks to be as much fun as Noby Noby Noby Noby or Hannah Montana. If enough people confirm it is Overall 3/10 @ 10 hours, while it is 20% off, I suppose I'll whore it...

That's definitly not a 10hours plat. destroy 5000 dozabot and collect 20000 Cloudberry will take a fucking long time. You can destroy around 15 doabots in a level and collect 200 cloudberry. So you need to replay a lot of levels.

Did anyone find the quickest to collect those stupid things ?

PS: The game is horrible+Stupid= Don't buy it

PS 2: Even for child, it's boring as hell and not fun at all, the music is sooooo annoying

That's definitly not a 10hours plat. destroy 5000 dozabot and collect 20000 Cloudberry will take a fucking long time. You can destroy around 15 doabots in a level and collect 200 cloudberry. So you need to replay a lot of levels.

Did anyone find the quickest to collect those stupid things ?

PS: The game is horrible+Stupid= Don't buy it

PS 2: Even for child, it's boring as hell and not fun at all, the music is sooooo annoying

Thanks, I will def. pass on this thing!

I can't see why there's so much hatred for this game. I've really enjoyed it so far. It's taken 14 hours to 100% all 4 areas, but still have about 4,300 Dozabots to destroy and somewhere over 10,000 cloudberries to collect.

Playing Tower of Kat is the best place for Dozabot's but the only way to get the cloudberries is replaying the levels, so it looks like another 10+ hours of grinding :(

Edit: After spending a couple of hours playing the mini games, it looks like they don't count towards the Dozabots trophies. Another good place to farm them would be the final level, with the Dozabot machines...but it's not looking like those ones count either (which is a real shame, as it could be just left on overnight with an autofire pad) :(

Edited by Contemno Hominum
Updating info in post.

I can't see why there's so much hatred for this game. I've really enjoyed it so far. It's taken 14 hours to 100% all 4 areas, but still have about 4,300 Dozabots to destroy and somewhere over 10,000 cloudberries to collect.

Playing Tower of Kat is the best place for Dozabot's but the only way to get the cloudberries is replaying the levels, so it looks like another 10+ hours of grinding :(

Good luck with your 4300 dozabots to destroy. This is gonna be a very long stupid grind. I'm happy i'm played it on my second account. I ll never play it again !

Hi Contemno Hominum. Sorry to be off topic, just wanna ask you a question. Is there a manual save or something? Cause my progress wasn't saved and I completed 3 levels in the first area.