Extreme Mode Hints and Tips Guide

Lightsp33d1987

After finishing this on Extreme and getting my Plat thought i would share hints and tips which i used and worked for me:-

1. Basic Skills:- Spend all points for the Orc in defense and then into special once it becomes available and for the Goblin fill them into Melee make him a DPS machine then into special once that is available.

2. Skill Upgrades:- For your Orc spend your points on anything that increases chance to stun and on your Goblin go for damage.

3. Attributes:- Both the Orc and Goblin you want to forget about putting points into damage some people may think this is stupid but its not only put points into Stamina and Mind that's it, So every time you level take it in turns on Mind and Stamina as these will aid in you being able to Counter and Deflect and also your life will increase so you can take a lot more hits till your down it may feel tempting but don't spend points in damage as you will always be playing in defensive on Extreme mode where if you play on easy i put all points into damage as it doesn't matter where on Extreme you need to be more tactical.

4. Battles:- Always stealth kill where possible if you know it will aggro then stealth kill the toughest in order to take on the least amount of enemies at once, Once your in the fight kill the weakest ones first first then move on to the tougher ones and always aggro them so Goblin so he doesn't get hit as he will always be weak throughout the game use Orc as Tank and Goblin as DPS.

5. Game Glitches:- These can work to your advantage certain parts of the game you may get over run but in places where you can run far back you can normally stealth kill get seen so leg it far back and the enemies will glitch invisible so you can go back into stealth and at this point as you start making your way back they will sort of glitch and you can see them again so stealth kill again and run back rinse and repeat also enemies can get stuck behind stuff if you run around pillars or tables or what ever. (This is only if you get really start and is optional to glitch the game.)

6. Saves:- There are auto saves all the time but to aid you i recommend after every stealth kill or battle to manual save to be on the safe side.

7th. Final Boss Fight

[spoiler=test]Once you have killed the bunch of guards and the 4 Mutant Orcs you will then have to fight the final boss which around him dead on the floor are the 4 Mutant Orcs which you have just killed, He can and will respawn them if he is close and the first 2 he will always make respawn anyway so take down one of the mutant Orcs first leaving the Boss and 1 Mutant Orc now seeming you followed my above advice on skills keep Stun Smashing the Boss this will stop him respawning the Mutant Orc that you have just killed and using the Goblin poison and DPS the boss to hell while your Orc keeps stunning him, The actual Boss this way will take about a minute to kill if you run around and don't stun he will respawn all 4 Mutant Orcs and you will be in trouble also if you die you will be starting back before the bunch of guards and the 4 Mutant Orcs.

Thanks for skills and abilities info :)

Any thoughts about equipment?

Yeah just focus on high damage reduction and always upgrade plenty of points to spare throughout so might as well use them also use gear with +stamina and +% dodge basically anything to do with defense over offense.

nice tips, helped me kinda breeze till the row, which i can't get past for now.

do you have tips for that part?

the part vs. the 3 guards at the end.

At the end of the row keep using Taunt with your Orc and focus on one Mutant at a time and use your goblins ranged attack so you will be using goblin a lot here, Now soon as your Orc dies the room is massive so using Goblin run far as you can and every so often use your standard ranged attack so your just far away not to be hit now soon as your far away from your Orc as possible run back and heal make your Orc Taunt again and dps like mad again soon as your Orc dies again which he will a few times just rinse and repeat the above, That's one way the other way but will take some time is just keep running around with your Goblin using ranged attack and you won't get hit but will take some time doing it this way.

Hope this gets you through the Row this is the only hard bit now till the end boss you shouldn't have any trouble now until the boss at the end.

• 2 weeks later...
Does stealth kill give any experience? It seems that exp rewarded after fight, and it's no clear if stealth kill give any.

What shoud I do with 3 berserkers at arena? Orc has no armor and weapon, and goblin does not stand a chance.

You will always get XP after an area is cleared stealth kill or not and for the Row just follow what i put in the post above if you a really struggling do it the long way and just run from one side of the area to the other with the goblen and just long range shoot so fire run fire run and so on you will never get hit but will take some time.

You will always get XP after an area is cleared stealth kill or not and for the Row just follow what i put in the post above if you a really struggling do it the long way and just run from one side of the area to the other with the goblen and just long range shoot so fire run fire run and so on you will never get hit but will take some time.

I found this to be the easiest way as well. Just run around, they will only hit you a couple times when the AI does weird routing and somehow cuts you off. If you have high dodge, this shouldn't be a problem, I personally never took a second hit before my health had regened back to full. This WILL take a long time. It took me over 15 minutes, but that being said, I found it much more reliable than trying to revive over and over, cause that usually lets them get one hit on me.

• 2 weeks later...
At the end of the row keep using Taunt with your Orc and focus on one Mutant at a time and use your goblins ranged attack so you will be using goblin a lot here, Now soon as your Orc dies the room is massive so using Goblin run far as you can and every so often use your standard ranged attack so your just far away not to be hit now soon as your far away from your Orc as possible run back and heal make your Orc Taunt again and dps like mad again soon as your Orc dies again which he will a few times just rinse and repeat the above, That's one way the other way but will take some time is just keep running around with your Goblin using ranged attack and you won't get hit but will take some time doing it this way.

Hope this gets you through the Row this is the only hard bit now till the end boss you shouldn't have any trouble now until the boss at the end.

thanks it really help :dance::dance:

• 1 month later...
Which path do I need to follow for each character to be successful in the final boss fight? Beserker or Master/Shadowgoblin or Assassin?

And which skill is Stun Smash mentioned in the final boss fight strategy?

Extreme mode should be pure defensive stats for your Orc and you can go full DPS for the goblin, I can't remember what the skill is actually called been a while since I last played but if I remember right the icon looks like a fist and is in the defense skills which you will be using throughout Extreme mode.

Thanks for your quick replies mate.

That icon is stunning punch and I use that tactic regularly against heavy melee fighters and bosses so I guess the path I need to choose is Master for Arkiel and Offensive for Styx.

Hopefully I can get a nice shiny new platinum before Boxing Day!

• 1 year later...

I'm a bit confused here. The advice says to focus on Melee with Styx, but then I shouldn't put any points into Strength for him because I'm supposed to stick to defense all the time anyways. I thought Melee was the offensive skill set.

Another question would be why he needs defense that much to begin with. Can't I just draw the enemies to Arkail, so Styx can deal damage while being left in peace by them?

(No idea what Extreme Mode is like, only beat the game on Easy so far.)

Edit: Another question ... do you guys suggest to do all the sidemission or will I be able to level enough by just playing the mainstory? In some games, the enemies are levelling, too, according to the player characters' levels, so then it wouldn't really matter, I guess, unless I really need all the skills.

Edited by SoPoF