Easy way to get bosses alive

So there is one way to get most of the bosses alive even when they have full stamina.

I tried this strategy on McGee and it worked. You need to shoot a skunk near enemy (or hit it with it) and when it starts coughing press square to catch it.

Pressing square must be well-timed though but shouldn't be that hard. I used this at 2 bosses cause they were too hard for me to catch alive normally.

So this helped me to get Mo' Moolah and platinum in just one play-through.

PS: I hope no one posts comments like this "U cheated noob!!!11", I'm not the first one to do this but I'm not sure if anyone here knew that so I'll gladly share.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, well it doesn't work on every boss but most of them I guess.

Throw a skunkz and immediately (or a little bit before it) when enemy starts coughing, catch it. :D I don't remember exact time when you must press square but it worked almost every time I had to do it.

EDIT: I got 2 bosses alive by using this method, McGee and Lefty. McGee was too hard and I failed at Lefty fight and wasn't able to get his stamina down anymore.

Edited by Wellu000

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Confirmed. Just beat (killed) Packrat on Hard and started over to try this. At the end of his health (or if you mine him) he goes down from his platform; run up in his face, shoot a Skunk then hold Square (I didn't even bother to see if he started coughing, it was an instant L1 to Square).

Thanks, Well!

Edited by Jooles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Did this on Packrat Palooka on hard

I shot him with boombats until he fell and shot him with a skunk immediately pressed square and i caught him this saved me a lto of time as even on normal this guy was troublesome. I didn't even lay fuzzles, so i dunno if thats messing some people up when trying it on him.

Good luck guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing through the Vita version now. Tried it against McGraw and didn't work. Maybe I wasn't quick enough?

I'm fine playing through the first half of the game again anyway as I love it to bits.

EDIT: Definitely not working for me on the Vita.

Edited by AshtimusPrime

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This seems to be very random whether it works or not. I got Jo Mammas, McGraw and McGee with this method, however, it didn't work with McGee until the 12th skunk I threw. And now, after throwing over 40 skunks at Lefty, I've decided to do it just normally lol.

But anyway great find, and thanks for sharing.

Edited by mattigummi

• 4 months later...
Did this on Packrat Palooka on hard

I shot him with boombats until he fell and shot him with a skunk immediately pressed square and i caught him this saved me a lto of time as even on normal this guy was troublesome. I didn't even lay fuzzles, so i dunno if thats messing some people up when trying it on him.

Good luck guys.

Hey I can confirm I was struggling is not the word, with Palooka, on hard! I had 3 boom bats and 4 skunkz! All I did was get the dude off his high roof, on the floor, position and hit him away from the doors he wants to get to, and standing literally next to palooka when he is down I skunked him and pressed square soon as! You know how much ammo I had used!! 1 of each! Easy as pie guys keep trying

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

You don't need to time the square button, just hold it the entire time and if you are eligible to capturing, you will. Capturing with the spider or this works for some bosses and not for others. If you try both and can't get it to work, just kill the bounty. There are more than enough captures in the game for the 20k trophy without anyone needing to spam this until they glitch a frame and capture a bounty they weren't supposed to.