Anyone else finds this insanely hard?

Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but I find it kind of unfair in some places. :eek: I'm at the part where

[spoiler=boilz]Boilz Booty has come to town

and I cannot beat the bunch, no matter what. I try to hide behind fences, but as soon as I go out to attack the goons, they're all over me and it's impossible to bounty them before they get up again. And don't get me started about the big guy, as soon as he knows where I am once, he rushes me and follows me all over the map unless I jump behind a fence into a closed of area - from where I cannot defeat him and he can still shoot me through the gaps in the fence.

The guide says to take cover in the alleys - they follow me there and then I'm trapped. It says to take them out one by one -as soon as I attack someone, the others are aware of my position and attack me.

I must be doing something wrong. On top of it, the great auto-save function let's me restart that section with one of the goons already firing at me, which gets kind of annoying after several retries.

I also tried using the chipmunks to lure the enemies to the explosive (?) barrels, but instead they come running to me even though I was clearly not in the line of sight.

Edited by SoPoF

Honestly, that's where I stopped playing for 4 months.I It's also the first fight where I said "F that" to capturing any of the outlaws, alive or dead.

I basically charged across the street into that back alley area...I believe there's a tree and some fences. From there, I just tried popping in and out of cover, using Fuzzles to keep from getting swarmed and firing Boombats at large groups. When I started getting overwhelmed, I abandoned my post and booked it across town to more cover. Then I kept popping out until the outlaws were dead. With Boilz, I did the same, really. I got pretty lucky.

Overall, this is probably one of the hardest fights on Hard mode in my opinion, and you just gotta get lucky.

I started out by firing a Boombat straight away, as the enemies are clumped up and haven't had a chance to disperse. I then went to the left, smashed the fence down and placed Fuzzles to cover my tracks. I stayed here and took out about ten of the regular enemies (don't even both trying to get them alive, just kill them,) before Boilz Booty came in and forced me to relocate.

From there, I effectively went round in a big circle through the alleys, placing Fuzzles behind me and taking potshots at the odd enemy. I played a slow and tactical game and it worked. If you have to retreat, then switch to third person view to do it, and make sure that you jump around all over the place to dodge some of the shots.

Edited by Dark_Phantom_89

Fuzzles! Fuzzles! Fuzzles!

I found a corner behind some fences where I could attack with Zappflies and Boombats, but this was only a last resort as I fired a shitload of Fuzzles. Head into the backstreets and you'll easily find somewhere. I rarely saw the enemies and it was a while before I realised that Boilz was dead.

If any of the goons manage to get past, switch to Zappflies, Boombats and Bolamites. Also switch to these if you run out of Fuzzles and need to make a run for a Fuzzle crate.

Good luck!

Edited by AshtimusPrime

Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but I find it kind of unfair in some places. :eek: I'm at the part where

[spoiler=boilz]Boilz Booty has come to town

and I cannot beat the bunch, no matter what. I try to hide behind fences, but as soon as I go out to attack the goons, they're all over me and it's impossible to bounty them before they get up again. And don't get me started about the big guy, as soon as he knows where I am once, he rushes me and follows me all over the map unless I jump behind a fence into a closed of area - from where I cannot defeat him and he can still shoot me through the gaps in the fence.

The guide says to take cover in the alleys - they follow me there and then I'm trapped. It says to take them out one by one -as soon as I attack someone, the others are aware of my position and attack me.

I must be doing something wrong. On top of it, the great auto-save function let's me restart that section with one of the goons already firing at me, which gets kind of annoying after several retries.

I also tried using the chipmunks to lure the enemies to the explosive (?) barrels, but instead they come running to me even though I was clearly not in the line of sight.

Its a pain at first, but its manageable after a few tries.

1) as soon as you accept the bounty from the store, manually save. When you go out, the other outlaws wont see you for a a little while.

2) just kill the other outlaws and focus on the boss. I had no real time to trap them.

3) Fuzzles are your friend. The next part the guy will walk around buildings trying to find you. You can shoot Fuzzles against the wall and they will attack him every time he comes near. Repeat until he's real low on health and finish off with Boombats.

Don't waste time with the zap ammo, the stamina recovers to fast and they're barely affected by it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've had enough trouble on normal, thought that the hard mode would be overwhelming. But it's pretty manageable so far, even got D. Caste Raider in less than 10 attempts (me lucky bastard :D )... I know that there's that cheap time run ahead, but I can do it, I'm sure. It can be divided in three parts with two points where you can relatively safely save the game, if the timing's right.

This video might be helpful:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG2_KMiCyok]Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD Playthrough part 23 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Caturday

I didn't managed to capture him alive, I think it's impossible, he barely had energy, I fired and fired bolamites at him and nothing, ended up killing him.... at least I was able to capture alive all the other guys there...

it's easy if you from where you spawn, you go backwards a little and take the left, from there run all the way to the place where the first meat barrel was and wait there.... and if you do it right, no one except the boss will find you, and when he does, it's a 1 on 1 fight against him, not very hard really, once he his done you just have to take the other guys... pretty easy with chippunks....

• 1 year later...

For Boilz Booty on hard, it's one of those situations where if you've got a bad save point, it will be hard. Go back a save point if possible. I went back to just before I accepted the bounty as I had a bad save point and tried a good number of times. I bought the upgrades etc. and stocked up on boombats, then accepted the bounty. It was very easy then, and I did it first go.

The places I remember being tricky on normal were Pakrat Palooka and the timed run. I think the final boss seemed tricky but it only took a couple of tries. I struggled with palooka for some reason, but doing it now on hard, there have been other bounties that I got through a lot easier or quicker this time, so hopefully the same will apply to him. I had forgotten about the timed run. :-s I think there's a tricky bit in the last 3rd of the game when you sail up to a war torn type area which is all walls and snow? Unless I'm getting mixed up with Munch's Oddysee. Honestly, random images of both have been screwing with my mind. LOL.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
The quicksave option is the best thing for this game. Make some progress save. Bounty a couple guys save. It make this game alot easier than it would be without it.

I deeply appreciate this function as well. Save me a lot of frustration.

As the part where the OP mentioned, it is not that hard to get to the alley undetected. From there, with the help of squirrels, I bagged all of them alive.

• 3 months later...