Obvious perhaps, but don't rely quicksave...

...as I found out to my detriment.

About 3 or 4 hours into the game I died and for some reason the game took me back to the last 'permanent' save I made, only 30 minutes into the game. I'd been relying on checkpoint saves and quicksaves to this point, naively thinking that would be adequate. Don't make the same mistake! I'd recommend a full save every half hour or so, and/or before boss fights. Can't bring myself to start the game again at the moment, guess I'll come back to it eventually :(

On the plus side I had a little rant about it on Twitter and Just Add Water's CEO made contact, so if there is an issue with the game the devs will be aware of it now.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got inside the Wolvark barracks, unaware I was in the Wolvark barracks. The door closed behind me, it auto-saved. A little further on I quick saved. Then I got to the toilets and realised where I was and that I'd missed Dirty Water and the secret entrance. Had to replay the entire game up to that point just for one bronze. On Easy, avoiding fights and racing through it, I made it back to the barracks in 2.5 hours. So yes, make the occasional proper save and avoid the pain of massive restarts.

Also some trophies can be glitched the first time you achieve them, so it's good to have some saves.

When I got the Grubb Idol the trophy didn't popped, so I reloaded my last save, got it and the trophy popped. I'm following your advises and it's really useful to save every 15 - 30 minutes on different slots.

• 2 months later...