Meagly Mcgraw, Hard and captured alive, tips?

Pokkit_

Right so I started on Hard, and was planning to nab all the bosses alive so I can work towards the 20,000 Moolah trophy. Things were going great, until I stumble upon this boss second phase....

I'm aware of the Thudslug + Zappflies combo to lower his stamina, but my god does this guy recover his stamina fast. Stop shooting at him even for a split second, and the guy recovers everything. Add to that with how bloody agile the guy is. I'm also told that this remake is much harder than the original.

So are there any specific tips as to tackling this boss and capturing him alive on Hard? I haven't purchased any upgrades, nor can I now since my only save is at the start of this boss fight (stupid me, I know).

Draw him out onto one of the outer walkways at the side of the farm and then stick closely to the inner wall so he can't shoot you. Occasionally pop out from cover to shoot him with Zapflies, Thudslugs or Boombats. When his health has gone he'll be knocked off the platform. Shoot him with the bolaminites and bounty him alive. Hope this helps

Edited by Flexoreaper7

Draw him out onto one of the outer walkways at the side of the farm and then stick closely to the inner wall so he can't shoot you. Occasionally pop out from cover to shoot him with Zapflies, Thudslugs or Boombats. When his health has gone he'll be knocked off the platform. Shoot him with the bolaminites and bounty him alive. Hope this helps

Doesn't depleting his health simply kill him? Or is there something I'm not aware of?

What I did is just corner him to a wall and just waste all my charged zappflies and thudslugs till his stamina deplet to 0.

That's what I've been trying to do, but his stamina regenerates almost instantly that I can't even do that effectively.

Well i got my Mo moolah trophy on hard and i only captured ~4-5 alive, but i captured pretty much every normal enemy possible alive and got most treasures

Interesting, maybe I'll just end up killing this son of a bitch and just move on :p. Did you grab any upgrades too?

Maybe you should buy the thudslug spring reloader, so it reload your thudslug faster.

You gotta be extremely fast. That's how I did.

Ah, maybe that's why. Goddamn I wish I made two saves instead of one so I can go back out of town and grab it!

I did buy 2 from the first town and i didnt collect any money barrels from first town either, i got 19900 after last bounty and then farmed chickens

Close call much? :p

Guess I'll just kill this bounty then since there doesn't seem to be anything else I can do. Thanks for the replies.

I think even during the boss battle you can go back in town and buy them. But I didn't try it.

You can't, the gates locked. That's the problem.

Since I'm reading that you're making a guide, maybe mention that although people shouldn't get upgrades, but because this remake is so much more harder than the oringinal, that players should consider purchasing the Thudslug Reloader if they plan to capture bosses alive on Hard for the 20,000 Moolah trophy :p.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I brought him down to very low health, and shot a few skunkz in his face. His stamina was still maxed out, but he fell asleep.

This is exactly what I did. I stayed on the stairs/ramp at the back of the house and positioned myself so I could see his head/upper torso while his gunshots missed me completely. I just used charged zappflies until his health was at 25% then I shot some skunkz at him then charged him. I unleashed one more skunkz at point blank range then captured him alive. His stamina was still maxed out yet he was vulnerable to a skunkz while he had low health.

• 6 months later...

The easiest way I did it was, kill as many THUDSLUGS as u can( so u have extras when needed!) Get him to follow u to the barn on the right side (it's on the left when u leave the farmhouse) by the start of the level, go up the ramp towards the window(by the FUZZLES), u should just see the top part of him, and he won't be able to shoot u. Start and keep shooting him with ur charged ZAPPFLIES. Once stage 1 is complete follow him around and shoot him w/ a THUDSLUG first and when ur reloading shoot him w/a charged ZAPPFLY. If u do it fast enough his stamina should go down to light blue w/ the SLUDTHUG, and the ZAPPFLY should take the light blue part away! Once his stamina his gone, go collect ur live bounty! Also don't forget to collect the treasure chests in the room directly behind him right as the boss battle starts!

• 3 weeks later...
This is exactly what I did. I stayed on the stairs/ramp at the back of the house and positioned myself so I could see his head/upper torso while his gunshots missed me completely. I just used charged zappflies until his health was at 25% then I shot some skunkz at him then charged him. I unleashed one more skunkz at point blank range then captured him alive. His stamina was still maxed out yet he was vulnerable to a skunkz while he had low health.

Just want to say that this tactic worked perfectly on Hard, thanks so much for sharing it!

• 2 years later...

You can capture him alive on hard with no upgrades, i just did it here's how - Get him backed in a corner with 10 thudslugs and zapflies equipped. Save ( if your good on health ) because it could take many tries. Hit him with both a thudslug and zapfly then instantly bring up the ammo switch menu ( dpad ) which pauses the game and his stamina bar but the trick is your thudslug reloads while your in that menu :D Let the thudslug reload hit dpad to unpause then hit him again. Rinse, repeat then bolamite him.

You can capture him alive on hard with no upgrades, i just did it here's how - Get him backed in a corner with 10 thudslugs and zapflies equipped. Save ( if your good on health ) because it could take many tries. Hit him with both a thudslug and zapfly then instantly bring up the ammo switch menu ( dpad ) which pauses the game and his stamina bar but the trick is your thudslug reloads while your in that menu :D Let the thudslug reload hit dpad to unpause then hit him again. Rinse, repeat then bolamite him.

It's circle to unpause out of the ammo menu not dpad sorry. But hit him with a thudslug then instantly hit dpad you'll see the thudslug reload while the game is paused, it works around having the slow reload because of no thudslug upgrades but you'll save moolah by not buying any.

• 6 years later...

The Stunkz/Zappfly method worked for me. I had to try it a couple times but each attempt I brought his health down and then just spammed the stunkz and zappflies. So I'm not sure which order or which weapon actually sealed the deal, but when he had just a sliver of health left and full stamina I was able to bounty him alive.