Platinum Difficulty Rating

ShadowAFC

Rate the trophy difficulty  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/plat_45.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.59

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by ShadowAFC

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only a few thousand Moolah away from my last trophy (playing on easy for this one, but nearly got it on my hard diff playthrough). So, I voted it a 4 (maybe because I already played it very often on the xbox). It's btw one of the greatest games ever imo, and now I'll wait for the other remakes and the new oddworld games :D

Update, got plat today and it's still a 4 (will continue playing it over and over=it's simply that awesome imo) ;)

Edited by Samael-SH0-to-5
additions

4 is fair number for this game, best hd remake game yet too.

platinum took me: 12h on hard playthrough and 3h for speedrun to collect barrels. ~15h

I'll lean to a 4 as well.

The game is certainly challenging, especially if you're trying to earn 20,000 Moolah and playing on Hard on the same playthrough. The fact that you can save anytime though, makes this game rather easy as well. Save at a bad time or bad place though, and you'll look at having to restart the game if you don't have an older save file to resort to.

Agree with this game being the most fun HD remake yet!

Hard Mode isn't too bad once you get rolling and suss out how to best utilise your ammo for the various types of enemies and for draining the Bosses' stamina. As long as you remember to be patient with groups of enemies and relentless when facing down a Boss you shouldn't have too much trouble taking most everyone down alive, especially if you abuse quick-save. I'd advise making a manual save every hour or so, just in case you quick-save at the wrong moment though.

Collectibles are fairly simple, the only ones you'll really miss without a guide is the 10 secret barrels, there's plenty of Moolah Chests and the Crystals, Idol and Medicine are hard too miss.

The only potential problem is attempting the Platinum in a single playthrough, as to have 20,000 Moolah when boarding the boat you'll need to nearly completely abstain from buying any items, which makes Hard mode very tricky. The game is fairly short though, a first playthrough on Hard should take about 6-8 hours, and then a quick 3 hour speed-run to mop up anything you've missed. Fantastic game too.

Edited by Viewtiful

I'd say 4 or 5, hard mode isn't that bad at all save for a couple of moments.

I'd never played this game before but it is a quality game and they've really gone to town in the HD reboot. I looked at some comparison stuff before I bought it and they've put a lot of work into it and it pays off.

I voted 4.

It took three playthroughs to get the platinum.

The first play I just wanted to enjoy the game so I played through on normal difficulty and didn't really worry about the trophies, any I found were by chance and obviously the unmissables.

The second time I stuck it on hard mode, there were a couple of tricky moments but nothing too difficult, the ability to save anywhere makes it a lot less tricky. I also got the rest of the trophies bar the moolah one which I decided to leave for an easy speed run later.

The third run I had only the 20'000 moolah trophy left so I put it on easy and it took me no time at all (three and a half hours) to reach the barge to doc's.

Enjoyed every minute of the game and thought it was well worth the money.

Edited by brfcben

I would say 4 or 4.5 namely because the timed run i had a really hard time getting past the last leg of it, but the last two bosses i didn't have any trouble with at all. Finding everything wasn't that bad but did take lots of looking around.

All in all not very tough game, just need to take your time on hard in places, though it is a game that is alot of fun.

Voting a 4. The only thing difficult about this game is Hard mode in a couple of spots which makes the 1st playthrough more time consuming than the 2nd playthrough on easy.

It was easy getting 20,000 moolah and all 10 meat barrels with the help of youtube which I am surprised that the trophy guide doesn't even include any videos.

Overall, this is a very fun game to play and a good refresher from all the generic FPS games out on the market. I'm hoping for a sequel.

Stewart Gilray deserves a lot of credit for listening to concerns about the gameplay/trophy glitches on this forum & fixing the problem. That is rare especially when other gaming companies like Capcom & Sega only care about $$$ & doesn't really do a good job of listening to their community.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i followed the advice from the road map and went hard lvl 1st,like everybody said it wasnt too bad,just a bit frustrating in places especially the timer mode,it got to a stage when i thought i ballsed it up towards the end because i had quick saved but at 1 point i just couldnt get thru,the 2 Gloktigi was a pain especially when u got caught up in their spin.

i followed the advice from the road map and went hard lvl 1st,like everybody said it wasnt too bad,just a bit frustrating in places especially the timer mode,it got to a stage when i thought i ballsed it up towards the end because i had quick saved but at 1 point i just couldnt get thru,the 2 Gloktigi was a pain especially when u got caught up in their spin.

if u got caught, u were pretty much dead. i just raced to the other side of the room...shot them some and then raced past them to the other side.

i have 4 different saves going just so i didnt have to replay the whole game. once or twice i had to go back to my oldest save once i realized i missed something. i got lucky to do one playthrough since i only alive captured the first 2 boss's

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I rate this game a 6.5. Hard difficulty can be very frustrating and creates lots of stress. I practically had to stop playing after every bounty mission or I'd be throwing controllers all over the room.

The trophy guide is also practically useless because it doesn't contain strategies to capture bosses alive, it does not list down locations of the moolah chests.

In addition to that, the guide isn't user-friendly enough, the order of trophies should've been arranged to chronological order due to the number of missables & collectibles. Players should've been advised to play on Easy or Normal on the first playthrough and Hard on a later playthrough, so that they can familiarize themselves with strategies (if it ever appears in the guide) for the bosses and better equip themselves for Hard difficulty and possibly avoid a lot of frustration

Edited by yewjhin